What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...great (unplanned) excitement here yesterday evening as I was helping Liv with her homework...as we finished 'Plumpy' arrived at the back door crying desperately to come in...we're doing staged introductions with Harry & the kittens..so in comes Harry got him settled in his chair the beasties were looking on with interest...all was going well until I turned round and stepped on the beasts ball tower a kind of Helter Skelter contraption with balls that whizz round...BOOM! straight down to the floor right onto my left knee thankfully not the dodgy one...poor Liv didn't know what to do...Harry decided he would save me leapt off his chair jumped on me licking & slobbering furiously doing his best first aid work...the kittens fled...Liv wasn't sure whether to rescue me from Harry or the floor...like a Laurel & Hardy short film...finally got to my feet bruised but intact...then the laughing began...needed several glasses of prosecco with Liv's mum to fully recover...possibly the reason for my 6.8 on waking?
Not funny I know but you had me laughing @HarryBeau
Hugs for you and your knee

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly my fbg has gone up this morning at 4 am
First try 7.6
Second try 6.9

I had nuts for breakfast yesterday.
Before I went out, I was in a rush and had boiled eggs and ate two at midday. I wasn't hungry and hadn't felt like eating.
By the time I got home, and sorted cat etc, it was 6 pm, so it was 5 fish fingers out of the freezer (cooked of course). I still didn't feel hungry, I don't.
Black coffee and tea and a cup of chicory coffee at bedtime. And a tiny packet of pork scratchings.

So, therefore, it must have been the breakfast McMuffin, the day before, which reduced my fbg for yesterday....honest........

Today, the nuts have been eaten for breakfast. I have to use up a packet of sliced meat in the fridge, and some ready to eat salmon, so that is me over next couple of days. No more fish fingers left...but some frozen fish bits...

Anyway, here is my painting contribution for my painting a day challenge to myself...

F4CD77D5-799F-49AC-AE69-7CE8CF9047B3.jpeg

Acrylics for background.
A4 size.
Japanese fude pen for the trees.
Paint sticks for the ferns and moss.
Have a good day.
Take care.
Hugs if you need them.

Reactions: karen8967

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its morning again in "little America" Slew of different fbgs but going with 5.9. Too high by a long way but big picture and all that. Resting pulse in a good place, sleep score good for me - 36th valentines day with Julie. Stepped outside to put a carton in the bin - bird songs and the lights plus billions of tax dollars of awesome/terrifying hardware clearly visible. Then Valentines day commemorates a Martyrdom in 269 so today the theme is duality. Nice young man coming to replace kitchen appliances. Collecting, feeding and transporting our grandson to stage school in Newmarket. Then smartly off to the other US airbase at Lakenheath to babysit youngest grandchild - 9 month old poorly little girl - so her mum and dad can celebrate Valentine's at Lord Iveagh's little pub/restaurant/hotel. Kind of why we moved here really. A day to remember Cyril and Methodius - but you knew that already didn't ya.
lord iveaghs little pub was just that when i first went in there just over forty years ago two small rooms and half a dozen regulars it certainly looks as if it changed a bit!
just remembered ..my grandfather was a shepherd on good old earl iveaghs estate in the sixties...apparently one of his flock died of complications where he should have called the vet out..as far as i know he got instant dismissal ,had to leave the tied cottage,moved out to the ipswich area to a little cottge which my father and my uncle had to quickly renovate for them to move in..the stress involved probably brought on a massive heart attack,,he spent a long wile in bury hostpital.and a very early memory for me is having to stand in the corridor whilst my mum visited her dad as children were verboten!..

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 so still accepting postcards from McGarrett Plains.
All the discussion about electric cars, bannng open fires, banning meat, etc just doesnt fit in with how we live in this country outside of the cities. A good many of us live in houses that are 100 years or more old, I live in an area where we dont have piped gas and have frequent power cuts, its called the country. To only allow electric cars would depend on first rate public transport and a lot more of it. The country would ground to a halt. To restrict meat would get rid of the good farmers and rely on cheap imports of much inferior produce. We can all make an effort and I dont waste anything if it can be recycled but we have to bear in mind USA India and China are just not into Climate Change so why be so drastic here. Someone needs to be realistic.
Happy St Valentines day everyone. Stay well, stay safe

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
lord iveaghs little pub was just that when i first went in there just over forty years ago two small rooms and half a dozen regulars it certainly looks as if it changed a bit!
Hey, good to see you in this thread young man. I guess Lord I may have "come into some money" as they say:angelic:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...great (unplanned) excitement here yesterday evening as I was helping Liv with her homework...as we finished 'Plumpy' arrived at the back door crying desperately to come in...we're doing staged introductions with Harry & the kittens..so in comes Harry got him settled in his chair the beasties were looking on with interest...all was going well until I turned round and stepped on the beasts ball tower a kind of Helter Skelter contraption with balls that whizz round...BOOM! straight down to the floor right onto my left knee thankfully not the dodgy one...poor Liv didn't know what to do...Harry decided he would save me leapt off his chair jumped on me licking & slobbering furiously doing his best first aid work...the kittens fled...Liv wasn't sure whether to rescue me from Harry or the floor...like a Laurel & Hardy short film...finally got to my feet bruised but intact...then the laughing began...needed several glasses of prosecco with Liv's mum to fully recover...possibly the reason for my 6.8 on waking?
Oh that description of an evening at yours is more fun than anything I’m used to. Thank goodness you didnt break anything, I think the fizz was necessary for shock.;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First try 7.6
Second try 6.9

Before I went out, I was in a rush and had boiled eggs and ate two at midday. I wasn't hungry and hadn't felt like eating.
By the time I got home, and sorted cat etc, it was 6 pm, so it was 5 fish fingers out of the freezer (cooked of course). I still didn't feel hungry, I don't.
Black coffee and tea and a cup of chicory coffee at bedtime. And a tiny packet of pork scratchings.

So, therefore, it must have been the breakfast McMuffin, the day before, which reduced my fbg for yesterday....honest........

Today, the nuts have been eaten for breakfast. I have to use up a packet of sliced meat in the fridge, and some ready to eat salmon, so that is me over next couple of days. No more fish fingers left...but some frozen fish bits...

Anyway, here is my painting contribution for my painting a day challenge to myself...

View attachment 38596
Acrylics for background.
A4 size.
Have a good day.
Take care.
Hugs if you need them.

Haha. Mcmuffins... Who'd a thought it . ;):hilarious:

And pic.. Quite ethereal come to mind, oddly.

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its morning again in "little America" Slew of different fbgs but going with 5.9. Too high by a long way but big picture and all that. Resting pulse in a good place, sleep score good for me - 36th valentines day with Julie. Stepped outside to put a carton in the bin - bird songs and the lights plus billions of tax dollars of awesome/terrifying hardware clearly visible. Then Valentines day commemorates a Martyrdom in 269 so today the theme is duality. Nice young man coming to replace kitchen appliances. Collecting, feeding and transporting our grandson to stage school in Newmarket. Then smartly off to the other US airbase at Lakenheath to babysit youngest grandchild - 9 month old poorly little girl - so her mum and dad can celebrate Valentine's at Lord Iveagh's little pub/restaurant/hotel. Kind of why we moved here really. A day to remember Cyril and Methodius - but you knew that already didn't ya.
Have a great day with the littlies and enjoy the new gadgets. 37th VD for us but we dont do gifts or cards but I do have a few bottles of craft ale for Mr PM.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a great day with the littlies and enjoy the new gadgets. 37th VD for us but we dont do gifts or cards but I do have a few bottles of craft ale for Mr PM.
Can see why Mr PM thought you was a keeper..;)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First try 7.6
Second try 6.9

View attachment 38596
Acrylics for background.
A4 size.
Have a good day.
Take care.
Hugs if you need them.
Thank you a calm and serene setting in my favourite blues and greens. I have the giant fishfingers (Wait**** are best) because there is less breadcrumb to fish ratio but there may be other versions. I love them and rhey are not disastrous.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
freedom to travel -- is lost?
My car is essential here Saskia...we're rural I see a bus on the odd occasion not often...the local station has been closed for years the next accessible station is a ten minute drive...and for folk ike me who never know what time they'll finish work I'd be stuck & unemployed without my own vehicle

Last edited: