What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

All calm before the storm here.

@Debandez looks like a well deserved rest and good time is being had in The Lake District.

@OldButBold sorry for restlessness.

@gennepher foot pain is so unpleasant, one of the awful symptom of this Diabetic annoyance. Hug for pain, winner for dealing with it and being so stoical.

@trick60 Hope Dennis passes your daughters house by.

MIL visit this morning then family around for night of music. Also today is the challenge of cooking for a Vegan, my sons new partner, going to be interesting, not so much the ideas but the Vegan Ingredients.

Be constructive, achieve something new, share your wisdom and make the day special.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of some interesting home made corned beef came in at 4.8 the am.

According to my physio session yesterday, I have managed to snag a syndrome (how posh) - Piriformis Syndrome, - so a muscle problem pressing down on my sciatic nerve). The medical solution to this is a beat box mixture of movements inspired by medieval torture practices and Karma Sutra poses. I am supposed to do these exercises 5 or 6 times a day - oh how we roll - or is it howl.

Have as wonderful a day as you can - I will be making lots of pathetic noises and drinking kofee.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.6 after lovely fish dinner, would have expected lower but never mind. The wind is getting up, need to get my ironing done. No 2 son swinging by later, another viewing which conveniently dovetails with us being out. Hoping to retain power for at least today but we’ll see.
@Muddy Cyclist sounds like a fun evening and to be repeated. @OldButBold I can recommend an afternoon snooze on the sofa especially when its howling outside. @Debandez loving your postcards from the Lake District, so many lovely places in this country to enjoy. @trick60 hope the build goes to plan and Dennis doesnt get in the way. Have the best Saturday everyone. Stay well. Stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning.

Not sure whether or not to cancel my 2pm class this afternoon as the wind speed isn't supposed to quite as bad as Storm Ciara. So have been dithering this morning and not making any decisions. Am off shortly to my classes and will assess the conditions on the 20 mile journey.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

So it's gone down.

I did eat my same meals in a shorter time frame yesterday. Stopped eating at 2pm...it's just the way the day worked out...

Painting for today...
A4. Acrylics. Mixed media on top...basically children's tempera paint sticks...
3 hours spent on it so far. It's not about a finished painting, this one. With the tempera paint sticks I was building up layers and spreading and blending with my fingers. It was the slow work of gently, slowly blending. And I was away into myself in another world...

I was texting a friend just now and she asked to see today's painting, so I sent her a photo. Oh no, I don't like that she texted back, it's not finished, you need to do this and that and the other...

I explained it was about the satisfaction of using my fingers etc etc, but she couldn't see it at all...

So that was me a little out of sorts...

Every painting does not have to be a carefully executed piece of 'finished' artwork. And not every painting I post will be 'finished' so to speak, but I will have got what I want out of it. And that is what it is about for me.

17654B13-56D9-45F3-A6ED-B11439A73ECB.jpeg

Have a good day
Take care
Hugs for those who need them. Don't forget that the basket of hugs is unlimited...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning.

Not sure whether or not to cancel my 2pm class this afternoon as the wind speed isn't supposed to quite as bad as Storm Ciara. So have been dithering this morning and not making any decisions. Am off shortly to my classes and will assess the conditions on the 20 mile journey.

Take care.
I do that too, assess conditions on the journey, but I usually end up carrying on instead of being sensible and turning back!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...some aches & pains from Thursday evening but still laughing about my gymnastics...excellent sleep last night although interrupted by 2 little beasts who now know how to open their room door...they're growing up fast luckily I had anticipated that so closed both the living room & kitchen doors no disarray in those rooms yet...the latest great drama here 'Cardboard Box gate' now in full mode...lots of squabbling over the empty Amazon delivery box … what next I wonder...the wind is picking up we will be hiding indoors today...woke to a 6.6.

box.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mrs MC spent the afternoon cooking tarts with our granddaughter so I snook off to do a watercolour painting, then snook back to be the Nave of Hearts, I'm sure Dracula will see I pay for it later.

So here is my watercolour, A4 took just over one and a half hours not counting the sky drying time. Inspired by all the ploughing on the nearby farm and the sunsets we have been getting in this neck of the woods..

View attachment 38608

Wow. I have to say absolutely amazing!
Totally my kind of scene.
I used to find this kind of scene, the ploughed fields, when I walked the dog by the canal by Lydiate a few decades ago. I used to photograph them for J who did pastel paintings from my photography. That has brought some nice memories back @Muddy Cyclist
Thank you :)

And thanks for the compliments on my painting :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
14th 5.8
15th 4.1! Middle of the night quick test

Eaten so much on this break. Low carb managed quite well which has reflected in my libre graphs. Too much alcohol though me thinks!

Had a wonderful 2 days in Barrow in Furness and now in an Airbnb windermere.

Some pics before I go back to sleep.
Brilliant photos Debs
Enjoy the rest of your break @Debandez

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Battern down the hatches, shorten the sails and head for a sheltered harbour if you follow the bbc's work of science fiction and fantasy known as the weather foreast.

A 6.7 this morning hmmmm not surprised and happy with that readng.

Well folks my day is sorted. Mrs J has issued orders, banned my pals chaos and mayhem, my other me's have gone into hiding.
I hope your day will be easier and a lot more than fun than mine.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.1

So it's gone down.

I did eat my same meals in a shorter time frame yesterday. Stopped eating at 2pm...it's just the way the day worked out...

Painting for today...
3 hours spent on it so far. It's not about a finished painting, this one. With the tempera paint sticks I was building up layers and spreading and blending with my fingers. It was the slow work of gently, slowly blending. And I was away into myself in another world...

I was texting a friend just now and she asked to see today's painting, so I sent her a photo. Oh no, I don't like that she texted back, it's not finished, you need to do this and that and the other...

I explained it was about the satisfaction of using my fingers etc etc, but she couldn't see it at all...

Every painting does not have to be a carefully executed piece of 'finished' artwork. And not every painting I post will be 'finished' so to speak, but I will have got what I want out of it. And that is what it is about for me.

View attachment 38639

Have a good day
Take care
Hugs for those who need them. Don't forget that the basket of hugs is unlimited...

I do like this paining, I can fill in the details myself and it reminds me of those earthwork boundary banks through woodland, perhaps in Shropshire or Offas Dyke - ancient land boundaries and well worn paths made by centuries of folk taking produce to markets or carrying coffins over trails like the Lyke Wake Walk over the moors.
My mother used to teach Chinese brushwork in Bristol and had students practicing zen brushstrokes to master technique - each one a gem, never quite finished, always on a journey.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do like this paining, I can fill in the details myself and it reminds me of those earthwork boundary banks through woodland, perhaps in Shropshire or Offas Dyke - ancient land boundaries and well worn paths made by centuries of folk taking produce to markets or carrying coffins over trails like the Lyke Wake Walk over the moors.
My mother used to teach Chinese brushwork in Bristol and had students practicing zen brushstrokes to master technique - each one a gem, never quite finished, always on a journey.

Thank you @dunelm
I like that comment very much. So many potential stories...
Yes Chinese brushwork...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
14th 5.8
15th 4.1! Middle of the night quick test

Eaten so much on this break. Low carb managed quite well which has reflected in my libre graphs. Too much alcohol though me thinks!

Had a wonderful 2 days in Barrow in Furness and now in an Airbnb windermere.

Some pics before I go back to sleep.

Looks like you’re having a wonderful break Debs, and oh that food!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

All calm before the storm here.

@Debandez looks like a well deserved rest and good time is being had in The Lake District.

@OldButBold sorry for restlessness.

@gennepher foot pain is so unpleasant, one of the awful symptom of this Diabetic annoyance. Hug for pain, winner for dealing with it and being so stoical.

@trick60 Hope Dennis passes your daughters house by.

MIL visit this morning then family around for night of music. Also today is the challenge of cooking for a Vegan, my sons new partner, going to be interesting, not so much the ideas but the Vegan Ingredients.

Be constructive, achieve something new, share your wisdom and make the day special.

Have you looked at the DietDoctor website? They have a section for vegan recipes which are also low carb. Might be easier if you could find something there that you’d all enjoy. Have a fun evening
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/vegan

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.1

So it's gone down.

Painting for today...

View attachment 38639

Have a good day
Take care
Thank you @gennepher it does look like an ancient well trodden path @dunelm says and I like the tones. Great FBG btw. Take care today you and Popeye.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of some interesting home made corned beef came in at 4.8 the am.

According to my physio session yesterday, I have managed to snag a syndrome (how posh) - Piriformis Syndrome, - so a muscle problem pressing down on my sciatic nerve). The medical solution to this is a beat box mixture of movements inspired by medieval torture practices and Karma Sutra poses. I am supposed to do these exercises 5 or 6 times a day - oh how we roll - or is it howl.

Have as wonderful a day as you can - I will be making lots of pathetic noises and drinking kofee.
Oh Dunelm, you make me laugh so much but how I feel your pain. At one physio session they put me on a rack to stretch me, didn't work still the same height. Lol. Should be walking my hands up and down the wall as and twisting my neck as in the exorcist as we speak. Drinking Koffy's good arm exercise.