What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like a really good outing Saskia , so glad you got your drivers licence renewed and well done for challenging yourself with the stairs. You must have been in heaven in the saddlery shop, was the smell the same - All leather and polish?

Yes. As soon as we walked in the door. :)
Thank you for asking.
How is Mr Dennis today? I hope he has recovered from the effects of his cousin's visit yesterday! (Storm Dennis, the relative nobody mentions at the dinner table ... )

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mrs MC spent the afternoon cooking tarts with our granddaughter so I snook off to do a watercolour painting, then snook back to be the Nave of Hearts, I'm sure Dracula will see I pay for it later.

So here is my watercolour, A4 took just over one and a half hours not counting the sky drying time. Inspired by all the ploughing on the nearby farm and the sunsets we have been getting in this neck of the woods..

View attachment 38608

That is beautiful. It reminds me of "We plough the fields and scatter the good seed on the land ... "
It also reminds me of Auburn, Alabama, under a spring storm watch. I think this is my favorite of yours so far.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly my fbg has gone up this morning at 4 am
First try 7.6
Second try 6.9

I had nuts for breakfast yesterday.
Before I went out, I was in a rush and had boiled eggs and ate two at midday. I wasn't hungry and hadn't felt like eating.
By the time I got home, and sorted cat etc, it was 6 pm, so it was 5 fish fingers out of the freezer (cooked of course). I still didn't feel hungry, I don't.
Black coffee and tea and a cup of chicory coffee at bedtime. And a tiny packet of pork scratchings.

So, therefore, it must have been the breakfast McMuffin, the day before, which reduced my fbg for yesterday....honest........

Today, the nuts have been eaten for breakfast. I have to use up a packet of sliced meat in the fridge, and some ready to eat salmon, so that is me over next couple of days. No more fish fingers left...but some frozen fish bits...

Anyway, here is my painting contribution for my painting a day challenge to myself...

View attachment 38596
Acrylics for background.
A4 size.
Japanese fude pen for the trees.
Paint sticks for the ferns and moss.
Have a good day.
Take care.
Hugs if you need them.

Beautiful painting. Thank you for posting it. :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 5.0 this morning

it's warmer today thankfully, I'm really feeling the cold this last couple of days. Think I'm getting a bit of a cold, I feel ok generally, just have a runny nose and feeling the cold :sorry:

Last spring I bought a big woolly jumper that comes down to mid thigh level, put it away for the winter and then forgot about it, but I found it yesterday and it's really lovely and warm :joyful:

lovely watercolour @Muddy Cyclist

Hope your day treats you kindly everyone :)

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is beautiful. It reminds me of "We plough the fields and scatter the good seed on the land ... "
It also reminds me of Auburn, Alabama, under a spring storm watch. I think this is my favorite of yours so far.
Thanks @SaskiaKC Auburn Alabama seems exotic. However this is on a walk we frequently do on Wolseley Estate sadly lost to Lord Wolseley who's family had been there for over 800 years. lord Wolseley was a friendly landowner who would regularly stop and chat to anyone enjoying his land, he had no restrictions and encouraged walkers, horse riders, kids playing in the stream, probably another reason why he went bankrupt, death duties also had not helped. Now access is very restricted to paths and bridleways by the new owners.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @SaskiaKC Auburn Alabama seems exotic. However this is on a walk we frequently do on Wolseley Estate sadly lost to Lord Wolseley who's family had been there for over 800 years. lord Wolseley was a friendly landowner who would regularly stop and chat to anyone enjoying his land, he had no restrictions and encouraged walkers, horse riders, kids playing in the stream, probably another reason why he went bankrupt, death duties also had not helped. Now access is very restricted to paths and bridleways by the new owners.

That is tragic. He must have been a very nice man.
I have never lived any place where there was any sort of right-to-roam law, even restricted access. Farms are fenced off behind barbed wire and there is no way anyone could get onto the land, not even kids on ponies wanting to go to another barn just down the road to ride with friends. :(
To have that freedom for hundreds of years, and then have it taken away ... what are the new owners afraid of? Lawsuits?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

was 5.0 this morning

it's warmer today thankfully, I'm really feeling the cold this last couple of days. Think I'm getting a bit of a cold, I feel ok generally, just have a runny nose and feeling the cold :sorry:

Last spring I bought a big woolly jumper that comes down to mid thigh level, put it away for the winter and then forgot about it, but I found it yesterday and it's really lovely and warm :joyful:

lovely watercolour @Muddy Cyclist

Hope your day treats you kindly everyone :)

I'm glad you found your jumper. It sounds wonderful! I have a big flannel shirt that I wear over my pajamas on cold mornings. It is soft and warm and about as long as your jumper. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
...Rawhide!

You're right. I probably should have said "Wagons ho!" but the other always sounded more fun to me.
Now, I wonder if Clint Eastwood will be free on my moving date ...

The-Mule-Review-Kam.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC I am not clever 3nough to post the link but try going on youtube and find Bosch Worcester boilers tv cat advertisement. I love it and I think you might too!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

Thank you for this post
Can I ask if the whole of your feet hurt or just the toes?

I understand when you say that you wanted your toes amputated, with me it’s all of my feet to the ankle I keep saying to my doc to chop the bleeders off

Pain varies from stinging nettle sensation, pins and needles, to stabbing or slicing with a sharp knife

I’ll be looking for Colman’s mustard next time in Tesco
I hope you find a way through this and get some relief. It sounds really horrible. I dont know if you are a mustard aficionado but it stinks I imagine even with socks! Good luck to Mrs C. Not funny though I hope it helps.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. As soon as we walked in the door. :)
Thank you for asking.
How is Mr Dennis today? I hope he has recovered from the effects of his cousin's visit yesterday! (Storm Dennis, the relative nobody mentions at the dinner table ... )

He’s been good as gold today thanks Saskia, quite worrying really! Apparently storm Dennis hasn’t actually arrived yet - what I thought was it yesterday must have been the end of Storm Ciara. Dennis arrives tomorrow, I’m locking my slippers away. Feeling anxious about those poor folk who are still recovering from flooding last weekend. It’s a nerve wracking time for them.

Reactions: SaskiaKC