What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Both Dennis’s in my vicinity are behaving at the moment. Long may it last.
@PenguinMum hope the power stays on and good luck with the viewing.
@dunelm your posh sounding syndrome sounds rotten, good luck with the torturous exercises.
@gennepher I can well understand the sense of well-being you get just by doing. I go to a ‘nature art’ class on Wednesdays which is about the same sort of thing - we create stuff just for the sake of it, just for the calmness and peace it brings. ( I like the picture btw). The foot pain that you and @Cumberland describe sounds horrendous. I know pain can take one to a very dark place where nothing else exists. The horror of going through an amputation to find the pain is still there must be indescribable.
@HarryBeau I sympathise over cardboard box gate! It’s a constant battle to get to the post before D spots it. Today I narrowly managed to get to Mr C’s new bank card before Dennis. He was most disappointed, and I am squelching in my slippers this morning after he found one and chewed up the insole again - it’s really soggy now!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 this morning. Both Dennis’s in my vicinity are behaving at the moment. Long may it last.
@dunelm your posh sounding syndrome sounds rotten, good luck with the torturous exercises.
@gennepher I can well understand the sense of well-being you get just by doing. I go to a ‘nature art’ class on Wednesdays which is about the same sort of thing - we create stuff just for the sake of it, just for the calmness and peace it brings. ( I like the picture btw). The foot pain that you and @Cumberland describe sounds horrendous. I know pain can take one to a very dark place where nothing else exists. The horror of going through an amputation to find the pain is still there must be indescribable.
@HarryBeau I sympathise over cardboard box gate! It’s a constant battle to get to the post before D spots it. Today I narrowly managed to get to Mr C’s new bank card before Dennis. He was most disappointed, and I am squelching in my slippers this morning after he found one and chewed up the insole again - it’s really soggy now!

Thank you @DJC3
That sounds amazing your 'nature art' class.
I can imagine the calmness, peace, and tranquility that brings...probably there's humour there too :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I sympathise over cardboard box gate! It’s a constant battle to get to the post before D spots it.
We spend a fortune on toys & gadgets to keep them interested...mine much prefer a cardboard box...my shoes...slippers & anything I might need or find useful...now they know how to open their room everything has to be battened down...keep your head down Dennis

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

All calm before the storm here.

@Debandez looks like a well deserved rest and good time is being had in The Lake District.

@OldButBold sorry for restlessness.

@gennepher foot pain is so unpleasant, one of the awful symptom of this Diabetic annoyance. Hug for pain, winner for dealing with it and being so stoical.

@trick60 Hope Dennis passes your daughters house by.

MIL visit this morning then family around for night of music. Also today is the challenge of cooking for a Vegan, my sons new partner, going to be interesting, not so much the ideas but the Vegan Ingredients.

Be constructive, achieve something new, share your wisdom and make the day special.
I have been following a carnivour diet since the beginning of the year - got my blood sugars well controlled. However, at the end of this month I am switching to a vegan diet for two months to see if I get similar results.

So , diet doctor is being looked at for ideas . This one from Jamie Oliver looks good also and could be a winner for everyone:
https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/vegan/whole-roast-cauliflower-with-warm-harissa-hummus/

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Dunelm, you make me laugh so much but how I feel your pain. At one physio session they put me on a rack to stretch me, didn't work still the same height. Lol. Should be walking my hands up and down the wall as and twisting my neck as in the exorcist as we speak. Drinking Koffy's good arm exercise.
Got to love a good Physio, the difference between the one towards the end of the film “Braveheart” and the one I saw yesterday is that she had a nice white uniform on to lull victims into a sense of concerned security before revealing the bed of pain.

Reactions: DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. This syndrome is so posh that I wish that I had not disposed of my sit-stand desk when I retired - still, I can practice walking round with my hands behind my back like royalty.

Reactions: DJC3 and jjraak

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We spend a fortune on toys & gadgets to keep them interested...mine much prefer a cardboard box...my shoes...slippers & anything I might need or find useful...now they know how to open their room everything has to be battened down...keep your head down Dennis

Yep! Same here - he had a huge pile of toys and chews on the floor when he spied the slipper and thought it was more fun.
Clever C&L though, managing to open their door. They must be very intelligent cats.

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. This syndrome is so posh that I wish that I had not disposed of my sit-stand desk when I retired - still, I can practice walking round with my hands behind my back like royalty.

I feel mean laughing at this because of the pain you’re in, I love your attitude.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm hug for the difficult syndrome but winner for the humour you show in dealing with life's vicissitudes. @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher your artistic talents continue to amaze and delight. Hope storm Dennis leaves you all as unscathed as can be - get the strength of the insurance companies around you time. Of all the eventualities I gamed the 2 hour you shall not pass horror this morning wasn't considered. Carni diet and not worrying about fibre a route I won't ever travel. Grandparent duties went well yesterday and today we have sole charge of another granddaughter - Moana it is then.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm hug for the difficult syndrome but winner for the humour you show in dealing with life's vicissitudes. @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher your artistic talents continue to amaze and delight. Hope storm Dennis leaves you all as unscathed as can be - get the strength of the insurance companies around you time. Of all the eventualities I gamed the 2 hour you shall not pass horror this morning wasn't considered. Carni diet and not worrying about fibre a route I won't ever travel. Grandparent duties went well yesterday and today we have sole charge of another granddaughter - Moana it is then.

Thank you @ianpspurs

Storm Dennis has just suddenly hit with full force, wind and rain. Don't go out driving in this anyone...

I paid extra for a good insurance in January....

Take care all.

UPDATE: Just got an email from the Met office saying Storm Dennis has been upgraded from yellow to amber...
So no driving over bridges or flyovers...
These gusts are powerful....

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The cardboard box delight applies equally to small children and pets. My boys had some of their most imaginative play with cardboard boxes. Pirates on the high seas anyone..probably not today though o_O. Another trick is to put an old sheet over a small piece of furniture and both species again in their element hiding and ambushing.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The cardboard box delight applies equally to small children and pets. My boys had some of their most imaginative play with cardboard boxes. Pirates on the high seas anyone..probably not today though o_O. Another trick is to put an old sheet over a small piece of furniture and both species again in their element hiding and ambushing.
Going to try that suggestion PM...things are getting damaged now so we have to set some boundaries...my bedroom is now firmly off limits with the door closed...will leave their room open & any time I have to go out they can have access to their room the study & the kitchen...going to get tough now honest!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.3 on the dice, off to work again this morning hopefully a short shift and then building a garden room for daughter and son in law, Dennis permitting.
Have a lovely weekend all.

Give Dennis a pair of slippers and he should leave you in peace to build. :D

Reactions: Ryhia and HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

So it's gone down.

I did eat my same meals in a shorter time frame yesterday. Stopped eating at 2pm...it's just the way the day worked out...

Painting for today...
A4. Acrylics. Mixed media on top...basically children's tempera paint sticks...
3 hours spent on it so far. It's not about a finished painting, this one. With the tempera paint sticks I was building up layers and spreading and blending with my fingers. It was the slow work of gently, slowly blending. And I was away into myself in another world...

I was texting a friend just now and she asked to see today's painting, so I sent her a photo. Oh no, I don't like that she texted back, it's not finished, you need to do this and that and the other...

I explained it was about the satisfaction of using my fingers etc etc, but she couldn't see it at all...

So that was me a little out of sorts...

Every painting does not have to be a carefully executed piece of 'finished' artwork. And not every painting I post will be 'finished' so to speak, but I will have got what I want out of it. And that is what it is about for me.

View attachment 38639

Have a good day
Take care
Hugs for those who need them. Don't forget that the basket of hugs is unlimited...

I like it very much. To me it shows a green hermitage down the road from a village, with a bigger town/city in the distance, too far away to be influential, thank goodness.

Hugs for the pain, and also for the darkness. Sometimes you remind me of me.
I have one story that I have tried for ages to complete but I just keep rewriting the first chapter. Maybe that is worth something in itself ... I have enjoyed the rewriting of it when I haven't been frustrated by not getting beyond it.
The journey not the arrival, maybe.

Reactions: Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...some aches & pains from Thursday evening but still laughing about my gymnastics...excellent sleep last night although interrupted by 2 little beasts who now know how to open their room door...they're growing up fast luckily I had anticipated that so closed both the living room & kitchen doors no disarray in those rooms yet...the latest great drama here 'Cardboard Box gate' now in full mode...lots of squabbling over the empty Amazon delivery box … what next I wonder...the wind is picking up we will be hiding indoors today...woke to a 6.6.

View attachment 38642

Win for getting that rug so spotlessly clean of shredded toilet paper! Charlie and Lola remind me of my old Mascat -- she loved boxes even as an old lady. (Or maybe you didn't want to hear that ... ) :)