Status quo....

VMK

I am T2 using diet and exercise only to control blood glucose. In the first 9 months from diagnosis I reduced my HbA1c from 48 to 43 and then 41. My most recent HbA1c was 41 again. This has been maintained by staying under 100g of carbs per day. I would obviously like to get it lower but feel that this level of carbs keeps my appetite satisfied. Plus I over indulged a bit over Christmas!

So, not perfect but OK for me. Thanks for all the info available on this forum.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am T2 using diet and exercise only to control blood glucose. In the first 9 months from diagnosis I reduced my HbA1c from 48 to 43 and then 41. My most recent HbA1c was 41 again. This has been maintained by staying under 100g of carbs per day. I would obviously like to get it lower but feel that this level of carbs keeps my appetite satisfied. Plus I over indulged a bit over Christmas!

You could consider increasing fats and proteins whilst lowering carbs to keep you satisfied.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Define perfect.
You sound very happy with how things are. Don’t fall into a trap of trying to match other people’s claims of perfection.
Oh and well done.

VMK

Define perfect.
You sound very happy with how things are. Don’t fall into a trap of trying to match other people’s claims of perfection.
Oh and well done.

Thank you. Perfect would be not having BG spikes but I do sometimes!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a 41 and 42 on 50 gm of carbs a day, so thought I'd try 40 gm for a while - bound to go down I thought.
Nope - 42, 42 answer to life, the universe and everything......

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a 41 and 42 on 50 gm of carbs a day, so thought I'd try 40 gm for a while - bound to go down I thought.
Nope - 42, 42 answer to life, the universe and everything......
Thanks for all the fish

Reactions: VMK

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

In my persona view, VMK, most people have a bit if a happy place when it comes to this T2 diabetes malarkey. Happy of course being a compromised happy on a scale of eating anything and everything we want to at any time or day, versus an unsustainable regime of deprivation and unhappiness. It looks like you might either be there, or close to it.

When folks encounter that "happy place", in my observation, their A1cs sort of almost dance around a number, only varying one or two points, and their weight also tends to stabilise, but te good thing is, they often find the regime that got them there to be acceptable over the longer term.

Great progress, and at 100gr carb a day, your lifestyle and eating patterns can likely be quite varied. Well done.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree if you have a place that you can sustain that keeps your levels down to a non-diabetic level then you have hit the jackpot.

Congratulations .