Can your aversion/ reaction to food change with t1

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
Seems somethings changed with my foods or me , keeping a good grip on things but some foods are now spiking my bg that never did

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hmm, got any T2s in your family? I'm certainly more insulin resistant than I used to be....

Shannon27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seems somethings changed with my foods or me , keeping a good grip on things but some foods are now spiking my bg that never did
What types of food are spiking? Your natural insulin resistance might have changed which means you may need to juggle your insulin to carb ratios about, if that's what you use :)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Have you been diagnosed fairly recently? It could be that the so called honeymoon period is coming to an end and so you simply require more insulin for the food rather than becoming insulin resistant? x

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
Have you been diagnosed fairly recently? It could be that the so called honeymoon period is coming to an end and so you simply require more insulin for the food rather than becoming insulin resistant? x
Seen this mentioned before and it could be it, not quite a year yet, could be random foods , lately its porridge, seem to do better with cereal rather than the oats, porridge always gave me a good steady start to the day , but spiking it to 12+ at times