1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Can your aversion/ reaction to food change with t1

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Diabeticger, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Diabeticger

Diabeticger Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Seems somethings changed with my foods or me , keeping a good grip on things but some foods are now spiking my bg that never did

2. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hmm, got any T2s in your family? I'm certainly more insulin resistant than I used to be....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shannon27

Shannon27 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What types of food are spiking? Your natural insulin resistance might have changed which means you may need to juggle your insulin to carb ratios about, if that's what you use :)

4. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Have you been diagnosed fairly recently? It could be that the so called honeymoon period is coming to an end and so you simply require more insulin for the food rather than becoming insulin resistant? x

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Diabeticger

Diabeticger Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Seen this mentioned before and it could be it, not quite a year yet, could be random foods , lately its porridge, seem to do better with cereal rather than the oats, porridge always gave me a good steady start to the day , but spiking it to 12+ at times

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook