Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
564B06FC-23B9-4E8E-80F0-7C4D8F27A0BE.jpeg

10 point downward Trend in 12 days!

Sure, I realise this is a BG Trend, and that the the over-arching HBA1C is the long term, Gold Standard, but here is evidenced based proof that I appear to be arriving at some type of liveable, sustainable food and medication regimen. I wanted to share this here hoping my experience gives strength to other T2 who’d been newly diagnosed, and possibly like me back in September 2019 I was in shear panic! Oh yeah, back then I had a starting point of 18.

surdoux

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Idiots
That is fantastic, I think you deserve more than the Winner Badge for that.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. It's the right direction, that's all that matters. Keep on keeping on!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I noticed that your bloods were gradually coming down from your postings on "What is your FBG (Very Low Chat) thread. Well done you! Its great to see effort paying off. Have you gone low carb and when do you get your next HbA1c check?

M

Member496333

Excellent, and very well done!

Off topic maybe, but HbA1c is overrated anyway. It's both indirect, and a mean average. Yes it's the diagnostic "gold standard" but, in my humble opinion, your own min/max data is far more relevant. Keep up the good work.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Have you gone low carb and when do you get your next HbA1c check?
Hi Ryhia! Yes LCHF-ish. Presently no HbA1c planned, but that can change.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks to all for the supportive comments and Emojis. You all help. I couldn’t do all this without this Forum. I’ve needed you all. And again, I hope similar T2s can get some courage and ideas about collecting stats for a purpose.

Reactions: ziggy_w

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Great effort and thanks for sharing with us. It really does inspire newbies who are searching for some good news on these threads. Now- the challenge is to keep the trend going and don't panic at the first signs of an upturn. As the young'uns say - you got this!

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Now- the challenge is to keep the trend going and don't panic at the first signs of an upturn.
I agree! The parallel Challenge is to Enjoy Life and the other/"alternative" Foods I now eat. I celebrated tonight with a bowl of SpagBowl. The portion was at least 1/2 of what I used to eat AND no seconds, accompanied by a small glass of Rioja and I'm satisfied. And, yes I know, I'll get a potential early morning spike tomorrow, however, I know looking at my trend line that that will pass. And that's the point I guess: Now I have a bank of evidenced-based results to fall back on. Back in September, I was in a panic and emotionally needing to recognize I have a disease, called diabetes.

Here's my new brekkie:
  • Handful of zapped Almonds & half Apple
  • Mound of Low/No fat Cottage Cheese and Yog
  • Light dusting of Linwoods Milled Flaxseed Sunflower Pumpkin Sesame Seeds & Goji Berries.
E

Reactions: timbo_dolman

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
that's brilliant well done . I need to keep a chart see what it shows .

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
that's brilliant well done . I need to keep a chart see what it shows .
Thank you. I’m a bit of an evidenced-based results nutter! I need to facts, even more so with this variable-rich, head banging Endocrine system. Need the facts man, give me the facts.