Scrambled eggs

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I did this omelette in the microwave, but I cannot remember how long I nuked it for though. :D

I think after the first hour, you might have thought to check it!
;)
kvMRx9O.jpg

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Been having my scrambled eggs this week with diced ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese, butter, and have been loving it. Today I tried scrambled eggs, tomatoes, salmon. Smell was dreadful but was not too bad to eat. I’m really not a fish lover so won’t be trying that again. I love my lchf way of life but am getting thoroughly wee’d off with having veggie & vegan rammed down my throat.

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Nor will I ever again lol

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Room temp on top of a poached egg, yes. Cooked? Nope.

Spinach (finely chopped) and a sprinkling of very finely cut spring onions are good as well :))

Reactions: Spirit01

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
C'mon @Resurgam
You can't just tease us like that! Can we have a recipe please?
I'll have to work on a written version - I'm afraid that I'm a great experimenter, I used to take the standard bread dough mix made by Lyons and create croissants and baguettes and plaited fancywork, back in the 1970s, and so when I wanted low carb bread I took my original recipe and added all sorts to it so that the carbs per slice went down - I'll have a go baking something soon.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Colombian scrambled eggs. Fry some chopped baby plum tomatoes with salt, pepper and chilli. Add eggs and scramble. Serve on smashed avocado seasoned with salt, pepper and lime juice.
Marsala scrambled eggs. Fry some chopped onions and garlic. Add chopped fresh tomatoes, green chilli, fenugreek seeds and eggs. Scramble.
Remember the old jingle 'If there's an egg in the house, there's a meal in the house!'

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'll have to work on a written version - I'm afraid that I'm a great experimenter, I used to take the standard bread dough mix made by Lyons and create croissants and baguettes and plaited fancywork, back in the 1970s, and so when I wanted low carb bread I took my original recipe and added all sorts to it so that the carbs per slice went down - I'll have a go baking something soon.

Me too. Don't you find a baking day is a sunny day? When's summer coming??

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And there's me giving away my breadmaker when I started low-carbing. I found something on Paleo with Mrs P, but I may be able to adapt this one. The pictures certainly look good. Thanks.
Did you note that it refers you to an oven rather than breadmaker version?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Did you note that it refers you to an oven rather than breadmaker version?

Missed that. I always thought breadmakers were the lazy option anyway- me being a pro and all!

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
I’m probably going to look very thick here but here’s what’s happened today. Got a phone call from my Surgery & the Dr told me that they have been checking patient records. They’ve spotted that I’m type 2, 63 years young, and my last blood test in January showed my Cholesterol as 4. something. Whilst he explained that this was nothing to worry about he would like me to start taking a low dose Statin. He asked my opinion but all I could say was that I have not ever read up on them much but have only ever heard bad things. However, I explained that he was the Dr so I would follow his advice. Sat at home this afternoon & made the mistake of asking Google. Not a good move because some denounced them as the medicine sent from Hell where others considered them to be good. Now very confused I decided to ask the wonderful community on here. Whilst on thank you all for the great replies about scrambled eggs. I now take 4 to work & mix them with Kerrygold, cheese, diced tomatoes. Delicious

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m probably going to look very thick here but here’s what’s happened today. Got a phone call from my Surgery & the Dr told me that they have been checking patient records. They’ve spotted that I’m type 2, 63 years young, and my last blood test in January showed my Cholesterol as 4. something. Whilst he explained that this was nothing to worry about he would like me to start taking a low dose Statin. He asked my opinion but all I could say was that I have not ever read up on them much but have only ever heard bad things. However, I explained that he was the Dr so I would follow his advice. Sat at home this afternoon & made the mistake of asking Google. Not a good move because some denounced them as the medicine sent from Hell where others considered them to be good. Now very confused I decided to ask the wonderful community on here. Whilst on thank you all for the great replies about scrambled eggs. I now take 4 to work & mix them with Kerrygold, cheese, diced tomatoes. Delicious

read even half of this thread and a quarter of the links and you’ll be better educated than most gp’s

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/cholesterol-and-statins.156985/page-15#post-2218395

Reactions: bulkbiker

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Tried but it went way above my head

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went way over my head
Crux of it? Cholesterol isn’t going to kill you. Total cholesterol is meaningless. Ratios have more relevance. Even ldl needs to be broken down into damaging small dense particles and large fluffy harmless particles. Cholesterol accumulates as sites of damage, caused by excess unprocessed carbs. They are the firefighters at the fire. Present but symptoms not causes. Statins increase blood glucose levels. People with high cholesterol actually live longer. I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole I’m constantly trying to get my much loved mother to stop taking them.

Edit : From scientific reports not opinion I should add