Scrambled eggs

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
See, that’s why I love this site. A simple question has given me & I dare say others a lot of fantastic ideas, thank you all

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I have an electric omelette maker and can't speak enough about how good they are. Also love poached with a huge side of field mushrooms and hollandaise sauce

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 or 3 eggs, handful of grated Cheddar, squish of Dijon mustard, splash of double cream. Mixed and nuked for a couple of mins stirring now and then whilst cooking.

Fast, yummy and nutritious.

edit to add: my son adds tinned oily fish to it for even more nutrition. I’m trying.....oily fish just doesn’t do it for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I make a wicked souffle omelette, really easy with a good sized grill - mine is in the top of the oven.
Very useful trick when there are two hungry children and only three eggs.

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Loving these replies, thank you.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Feta and spinach omelette
Omelette filled with prawns with fresh coriander and a dash of soy and chilli sauce
Omelette filled with smoked salmon, ricotta, dill and capers
Random cheeses omelette - uses up those scraps and is a bit of a Russian roulette!

Reactions: Krystyna23040

Jam&Scones

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmm, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs - the only time I ever eat bread. I noticed in the supermarket you can buy free range omega 3 rich eggs (i.e. the chicken was fed on an omega 3 rich diet, whatever that entails...), I tried them and found you get lovely deep orange yolks. Tasty.

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
I’m hoping that everyone is getting something from all these wonderful posts. Definitely going to start taking the eggs to cook at work tomorrow. I can’t do smoked salmon but I could crumble some ordinary salmon into my scrambled eggs. Whilst on does anyone ever allow themselves a treat of some description? I’m absolutely addicted to egg & bacon baguette and started having this as a Friday treat but then it’s definitely banned on keto

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m hoping that everyone is getting something from all these wonderful posts. Definitely going to start taking the eggs to cook at work tomorrow. I can’t do smoked salmon but I could crumble some ordinary salmon into my scrambled eggs. Whilst on does anyone ever allow themselves a treat of some description? I’m absolutely addicted to egg & bacon baguette and started having this as a Friday treat but then it’s definitely banned on keto
Just eat the filling and ditch the bread? Or if you making it yourself replace the bread with lettuce leaves?

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
I do have a nice fry up & use lettuce leaves for hot dogs & burgers. Oh well, looks like I’m going to have to kick them into touch

Lucylemonpip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You can also get microwave friendly egg poachers; they’re really good.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Braised leeks and eggs, and bacon, and hot sauce.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds delicious, thank you
I add bacon usually but have used pretty hot chorizo with success....and four eggs, and cheese.
greens and eggs.JPG

Reactions: HSSS

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
My breakfast looks like @Tipetoo 's

Omelette and bacon, don't forget the coffee.

Eggs are great, anything you read online that states eggs will kill you is written by an idiot who can't tell the difference between a carrot and a pork chop! :D

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My friend s hens have just started laying again 2 scrambled eggs with an little butter and black pepper yesterday .Bright yellow and yummy
Carol

Reactions: nomoredonuts
M

Member496333

My friend s hens have just started laying again 2 scrambled eggs with an little butter and black pepper yesterday .Bright yellow and yummy
Carol

Crikey. That doesn't sound good :nurse:

Sorry, couldn't help myself :angelic:

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Sounds wonderful. Because recently I’ve had a chest infection I (stupidly) just grabbed anything I.e sandwich, crisps. I was always hungry. Yesterday though having my scrambled eggs at lunchtime I only wanted a light dinner as I was still full. Interested to see what happens today. I’ve started with my coconut oil coffee, looking forward to lunch.