are you panic buying toilet roll ?

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
If so why ? the coronavirus doesn't cause the runs , you can't cook with it unless there is a new recipe book out with 100 ways to make a meal from toilet roll .

I don't get it the shelves are empty , i really baffled by the need to panic about toilet roll .

If anyone has any logic please let me know because it seems embarassing .
A national emergency , lets all rush out and panic buy toilet roll ??????

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just enough to see my household through 2 weeks of isolation (ie no shopping) as was the advice until yesterday.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, the shelves are not empty in my area.

But the COVID virus from what I've read can (and could) possibly "gateway" to the gut? Aswell as the respiratory system.

By all accounts, it's a little funny like that..

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Get a lead from a few moronic idiots and the sheep will surely follow. Stupid is as stupid does

mouseee

I felt guilty buying a pack of loo rolls today. There were so few on the shelf I bought a pack as we're getting through the ones we have. The shelves were empty of weird things like microwave rice.

Reactions: WackyJacky64

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Reactions: Barb McD

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Whatever happened to common sense?
Since January we have been told over and over there is a virus outbreak that is looking like it will become a pandemic .... lots of eyes glazed over.
Then we were told yes it's a pandemic .... the same eyes glazed over.
I had no need to panic buy as I always carry a reasonable store of stuff especially this time of year because I live where I might get snowed in again ... where I'm likely to get power cuts because the electricity comes into the villages around here overhead on poles.
I make sure I have enough coal and logs and bottled gas .... no mains gas here.
If you came and lived here and didn't make preparations for something like this that might never happen you'd be seen as the village idiot.
It turned out we have had no snowins this year and no power cuts so our winter store has now become our virus epidemic store.
But a pandemic will be much tougher and longer lasting and more of a life threat than a bad winter so we started buying in extra stuff weeks ago .... no panic and no affecting anyone else .... toilet rolls tinned fish dried goods long life milk etc.
If you are considered at extra risk from this virus because of health issues and me and my wife have a few between us .... and presumably if you're posting on here then you do to .... but haven't prepared yourself then I can't even feel sorry for you.
Italy exports three hundred thousand tons of pasta to the UK each year .... zero now.
All the car manufacturers across the world can't get parts from China the airlines .... asll the airlines across the globe are about to go bust engineering chemicals drugs all under huge threat as countries close their borders and nothing is allowed in or out .... and some of you didn't even think to buy some extra stuff .... including toilet rolls.
Daft questions about how does this virus cause people to need more toilet rolls .... I can't believe what I'm reading!
The towns and villages are going into lockdown .... cities too.
Whole countries isolating themselves and now even continents with America declaring a state of emergency and shutting out another continent called Europe and some of you wonder why I'm prepared for when I can't go out and for when the last minute lunatics have fought each other for the last crumb.
Every countries industries and economies are going down the pan.
All foreign troops on foreign soil may well have to be brought back to their own countries because the world is spiraling into chaos and some of you wonder why people think .... best do what I can to be comfortable as possible while we ride out this storm.
And the sleepy arrive at the shops and think .... why's there no stuff?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
People in America were given hardly any advice but the wise did a little research of their own and discovered 80% of drugs medicines medical aids etc come from China.
Well China went into lockdown so they made sure they got their hands on everything a diabetic could need and even some for their friends and neighbours.
Those with the glazed over minds are now seriously worrying about their situations.
As for the panic buying everyone on this planet that has ever heard there might be a shortage of something in a few weeks know beyond any doubt how the masses will react .... they'll strip the shelves bare so before that behaviour starts .... why aren't you casually buying some extra stuff before the scenes of insanity start?

Reactions: NaijaChick

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
It's always been the same .... here's a guy three thousand years ago telling it like it is .... no religious preaching meant as this kind of advice can be found in most religious works philosophical works and even psycology books of old .....

Proverbs 27:12
The prudent see danger and take cover; but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.

Reactions: NaijaChick
D

Deleted member 308541

Plenty of old newspapers to cut up for toilet paper, just like the good old days before this softly softly stuff people use nowadays.

Reactions: SugarBuzz

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Actually this virus can cause diarrhoea. The Spanish Doctor said it can go on for awhile. Plus people are not buying for the virus but because of the potential lockdown.

Reactions: JTL

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Plenty of old newspapers to cut up for toilet paper, just like the good old days before this softly softly stuff people use nowadays.
Trouble with that one I stopped buying the papers and get my news online.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
If so why ? the coronavirus doesn't cause the runs , you can't cook with it unless there is a new recipe book out with 100 ways to make a meal from toilet roll .

I don't get it the shelves are empty , i really baffled by the need to panic about toilet roll .

Because, (as I said to someone last week) they need more toilet paper because they have '**** for brains' too, obviously the S word has been edited.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Even if I could find some, I would not panic buy !!

Reactions: WackyJacky64

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
It's always been the same .... here's a guy three thousand years ago telling it like it is .... no religious preaching meant as this kind of advice can be found in most religious works philosophical works and even psycology books of old .....

Proverbs 27:12
The prudent see danger and take cover; but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.
Philippians 4:19
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Last edited:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Philippians 4:19
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
I think you're expected to buy your own toilet roll though.

Reactions: Barb McD

Barb McD

Local shop. Owner is a friend. We are sure that we will have access to everything we may need. The Shopkeeper is insistent (& I believe him) that he has been aware of difficulties sourcing loo roll since November.

BEFORE THE VIRUS

Perhaps, humbly (not ) it’s...

Brexit.

One thing. I’m responsible only for my own happiness. No one has to be responsible if they don’t want to be. Yet.