COVID 2019 Comorbidity with Diabetes

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, nothing here, but not really expecting one unless they know something about our medical conditions that we don't!!
It has a link to the general advice page on the govt website, so I guess it's for me and not my aunt. It would have details about the vulnerable if it was for her.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It has a link to the general advice page on the govt website, so I guess it's for me and not my aunt. It would have details about the vulnerable if it was for her.

What did the text say exactly? I had one headed "Gov.UK Coronavirus alert." It just seems to be a generic one sent as a form of advertising the Gov.UK Coronavirus website to draw people's attention to it. Or at least that is how I read it. There is a similar thing pinned on Facebook. All GP practices will be sending out a letter to the seriously at risk people this week.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What did the text say exactly? I had one headed "Gov.UK Coronavirus alert." It just seems to be a generic one sent as a form of advertising the Gov.UK Coronavirus website to draw people's attention to it. Or at least that is how I read it. There is a similar thing pinned on Facebook. All GP practices will be sending out a letter to the seriously at risk people this week.
Yes it was that one. It said New rules in force now: you must stay at home. Then had the link to the website. I was just confused because my family didn't get one.
Re my aunt. I don't expect her to get a letter and she doesn't go out anyway. She wouldn't understand the letter if she got one :(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hubs got one too about 5 minute later.. maybe it was done by mobile company we're with three..

Spot on. They come from the mobile company after a request from the government. I am with EE and I got one. Hubby got one a while after mine. He is with 3.

Reactions: zand

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got one too - just assumed it was generic, but was hopefully making people think 'er, they must mean me then, since they have my number...' hopefully it will be another nudge to promote compliance with the Lockdown. I am with EE.

Reactions: Winnie53 and zand

Tedrick69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
religious extremism
Has anyone else had a generic government text saying to stay at home? I have but none of my family has had one yet.

Edit: I am asking as I am wondering if it is actually for my aunt as her surgery have my phone numbers in their records. Presumably it would have her name if it was meant for her. Although she is elderly with several conditions I didn't think she would be included in the 1.5 million to be 'shielded'.
I got a text this morning. I'd come under the underlying conditions category with 2 of them - T2D and HBP.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay! That's why I got one. I am with 3 too! Thanks you're a real star for giving me the answer to that one! :)
Not on that network.
I must admit I was confused by the text I got, too. A general ‘stay at home ‘ message. With link to tell me when I could go out. A contradiction. Haven’t been out at all for over a week, but did at first think message was the ‘sheltering’ one, as I was informed at hospital appointment last week that I was in the very vulnerable category, and to go how and pull up the drawbridge. Not due to diabetes, I hasten to add.
So, I hope that they give further clarification, because none of my family have received the text messagethat I got.

Jock187

Has anyone received the letter that was sent out yesterday?
Just wondering as diabetes’s seems to have disappeared from the list?
My employer has stated if receive the “vulnerable “ letter I will receive full pay for 12 weeks, if I don’t will receive statutory sick pay!
Thanks

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
uk lockdown: how will the police enforce the once a day walk, or will we be allowed to go for an extra walk if needed

They can't police it. I believe they will mainly be policing groups of people such as those youngsters seen on the news today still hanging about in groups and paying no attention to distancing. Idiots.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They can't police it. I believe they will mainly be policing groups of people such as those youngsters seen on the news today still hanging about in groups and paying no attention to distancing. Idiots.

I'm guessing for the most part that if we are fairly sensible no-one will be policing the exact number of times we go out.
Unlike in France where you have to have daily paperwork to permit your exit from your house. Some friends were almost fined when they amended the dates by hand on their dog walk permit so they didn't have to print another. Their paperwork was not in order so they were sent home! With the threat of arrest or a hefty fine if it happened again.

Last edited: