Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning, discovering that homemade polenta and spelt flour cake for breakfast isn’t quite the same as toast. Added more jelly babies to the shopping list our lovely neighbour’s getting for us. Really missing cruising the aisles at Lidl on a regular basis. Lovely GP neighbour’s very keen we don’t do it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, another sunny start to the day, 6.3 on waking too :happy:
Need to call GP surgery regarding an injury to the lower right side of my back, it is still painful after 2 weeks and if I sneeze, the pain is so bad, so best I have quick word about it.
No real gardening today, but I do have to pick up my prescription very soon.
Take care and stay safe x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning, discovering that homemade polenta and spelt flour cake for breakfast isn’t quite the same as toast. Added more jelly babies to the shopping list our lovely neighbour’s getting for us. Really missing cruising the aisles at Lidl on a regular basis. Lovely GP neighbour’s very keen we don’t do it.

I have had eaten and made polenta cake in the past and my BG soared, so I stay away from it now :wideyed:
I need to get some shopping soon, maybe tomorrow ?
Take care of yourself and stay safe :)

Reactions: kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, another sunny start to the day, 6.3 on waking too :happy:
Need to call GP surgery regarding an injury to the lower right side of my back, it is still painful after 2 weeks and if I sneeze, the pain is so bad, so best I have quick word about it.
No real gardening today, but I do have to pick up my prescription very soon.
Take care and stay safe x
Hope you get something for that pain, ouch!

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning :) I've discovered I don't particularly like Cravendale milk, or the stuff I put in a bucket outside a week back, my porridge tasted odd but I've used the same semi skimmed milk for 30 odd years (not the same carton obviously as it'd have run out years ago), I can't taste it in my chilli scrambled egg but I could in my coffee which is worrying as I've 2 x 2l outside in a bucket again and the one now in the fridge.

Milk....

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I’m expecting my bloods to be climbing Everest later when the polenta kicks in Robs. They’ve just come up from a 2.7 so it’s going to be an interesting day!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just entering the lower foothills. How much to dose to avoid the switchback. Still, helps to take my mind off the big bad outside world.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Stores are still running out of toilet paper. I have a theory. Since so many people are staying home instead of at work or school or wherever they might have been. More toilet paper is being used at home too.................just saying!!!!!

Reactions: SueJB

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

6.2 and I have work later. I appreciate the late start because I really needed that sleep. So I’m enjoying a cup of tea, I would prefer iced coffee but I don’t want to take my chances to get sugar free syrup. I’m assuming most shops are closed.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning :) I've discovered I don't particularly like Cravendale milk, or the stuff I put in a bucket outside a week back, my porridge tasted odd but I've used the same semi skimmed milk for 30 odd years (not the same carton obviously as it'd have run out years ago), I can't taste it in my chilli scrambled egg but I could in my coffee which is worrying as I've 2 x 2l outside in a bucket again and the one now in the fridge.

Milk....
Chilli scrambled eggs sounds great though. Wish I’d had that for breakfast. Make porridge with water and then lots and lots of rice pudding? If you’ve got rice.

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think the food shops will be open, not sure about getting the sugar free syrup tho.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, a lie-in and a 4.8 :)

Passed all my assessments yesterday, including non-emergency ambulance driving :) Thrilled with that, as the last time I drove a vehicle that size was in 2004 when I drove a long wheelbase transit van to Alicante and back. Been fitted for the virus proof masks too - they are HORRIBLE. Really tight across your nose and around the edges, people are getting quite bad facial bruises from wearing them for a long time. But they work, and I’m grateful for them - let’s just hope we have enough when we need them.

Might have a potter in the garden today - just a terrace on my garage roof but I like it.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The washing machine’s fixed, phew! Sadly, I’ve no idea, yet, where the gremlins gained access.

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Passed all my assessments yesterday, including non-emergency ambulance driving :) Thrilled with that, as the last time I drove a vehicle that size was in 2004 when I drove a long wheelbase transit van to Alicante and back. Been fitted for the virus proof masks too - they are HORRIBLE. Really tight across your nose and around the edges, people are getting quite bad facial bruises from wearing them for a long time. But they work, and I’m grateful for them - let’s just hope we have enough when we need them.

Might have a potter in the garden today - just a terrace on my garage roof but I like it.
Can we all open a bottle now to celebrate your results? Group cheering? Enjoy the gardening.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Take realy good care of youself Mel..

It's no longer "a friend of a friend" via Facebook for me.
I've just put the phone down.
This thing has just come closer to home...

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, @kev-w our tiny local pub had been offering basic supplies at cost price; the staff were working as volunteers to provide the service. Neighbours are doing bits of shopping for me though I'm keeping what I ask for to essentials. I thought I could save them some effort by getting milk from the pub. They've closed the service as of yesterday for various reasons so I was gettin g the tail end of what they had. They leave it on one of the outside tables and you pay by contactless, easy peasy. Picked it up, it only had two days to run in date and was off by this morning. So now I've had to ask a neighbour anyway.

@LooperCat, as usual, fully expected you to pass everything, congrats to one of our NHS superstars!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Congrats @LooperCat Stay safe!
Hope your back feels better soon @Robinredbreast
Sorry to hear that @Jaylee

I might be in the same boat with a friends husband being really sick and they live in an area of Washington that’s been hard hit

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh no, @Jaylee, I wanted to send you more than a hug but there’s no real way to say what I suspect we’re all feeling.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
And there’s husband’s friend too who had surgery to remove his pancreas (recently diagnosed cancer) stopped at the last minute - he was first on the list, pre-meds in, as all the beds in ICU were taken by covid19 patients. Not holding breath that an ICU bed will be available in the significant future.
Soooooo pleased to hear you’ve now got a well fitting mask @LooperCat

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Stores are still running out of toilet paper. I have a theory. Since so many people are staying home instead of at work or school or wherever they might have been. More toilet paper is being used at home too.................just saying!!!!!
I've just got back from the supermarket and they have massive quantities of loo paper but I didn't need any. What I really needed was T to go with the G!!