What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

was 4.1 this morning

- speaking of forgetting things I suddenly realised I hadn't hit post earlier :banghead:

Loved the misty field and fences @Muddy Cyclist and I'm envious of your courage in going for portraits! @gennepher going from strength to strength :)

good sleep and comfort to all :)

fairly boring catch up art today - still lifes I suppose ;)
no 1 was done with the cheap watercolour paint on typing paper - I wanted to try painting glass, no 2 is one of those physalis fruits done with some ancient gouache I found (from my schooldays :hilarious:), on typing paper.
View attachment 39872
View attachment 39873
Brilliant @geefull
The gouache one of the physalis fruits is beautiful.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, up with the lark and showing 7.5 with a surprisingly nice 35.4 temperature. We'll see how that goes through the day. managed five hours sleep sitting upright before the dry coughing woke me up.

Better to be woken up by coughing than waking up in one ;)

Symptoms so far are identical to the bouts of pneumonia I have had in the past, perhaps this time the coughing is slightly worse. This is a hopeful sign as #1 I have survived these symptoms before and #2 without an actual test it could be pneumonia. Beginning drug treatment was the right thing to do, this morning the minimal phlegm was very thick and white, sinus pain has stopped although headache upon coughing is still there.

Just in case all the stuff I am taking/doing is reducing the effects I will list them here.
T2: Metformin 500mg x 2 daily
Allergies: Fenofexadine 120mg daily
COPD: Symbicort Inhaler 200/6 usually 2 x 2 daily increased to x4 daily, Bricanyl Inhaler 1x4 daily, Spiriva 18mcg x 1 daily, just added 30mg Prednisolone daily
Infection: Amoxicillin
Supplements: Daily vit D 5000iu, Zinc 50mg, Selenium 200mcg, vit C 5000mg, Magnesium 375mg, vit B12 1000mcg
Exercise: being able to get to the loo is enough

Steaming every 3 hours using 4-5 drops Tea Tree oil and a smudge of Vicks Vapour Rub

None of the above is given as a recommendation for treatment and is listed only to illustrate how I am dealing with the virus. Please consult your doctor who will either dowse or check chicken innards as they aren't sure yet https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus:)

Don't worry, I won't be doing a 'dear diary' every morning, I was just bored ;)

Interesting thread here https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/beaten-the-virus.173262/#post-2242557

Reactions: karen8967

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening, folks, a 5.8 on the dice today. Glad you got some decent rest OBB.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, up with the lark and showing 7.5 with a surprisingly nice 35.4 temperature. We'll see how that goes through the day. managed five hours sleep sitting upright before the dry coughing woke me up.

Symptoms so far are identical to the bouts of pneumonia I have had in the past, perhaps this time the coughing is slightly worse. This is a hopeful sign as #1 I have survived these symptoms before and #2 without an actual test it could be pneumonia. Beginning drug treatment was the right thing to do, this morning the minimal phlegm was very thick and white, sinus pain has stopped although headache upon coughing is still there.

Just in case all the stuff I am taking/doing is reducing the effects I will list them here.
COPD: Symbicort Inhaler 200/6 usually 2 x 2 daily increased to x4 daily, Bricanyl Inhaler 1x4 daily, Spiriva 18mcg x 1 daily, just added 30mg Prednisolone daily
Supplements: Daily vit D 5000iu, Zinc 50mg, Selenium 200mcg, vit C 5000mg, Magnesium 375mg, vit B12 1000mcg

Steaming every 3 hours using 4-5 drops Tea Tree oil and a smudge of Vicks Vapour Rub

None of the above is given as a recommendation for treatment and is listed only to illustrate how I am dealing with the virus. Please consult your doctor who will either dowse or check chicken innards as they aren't sure yet https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus:)

Interesting thread here https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/beaten-the-virus.173262/#post-2242557

I am glad to read your post.
And what you are doing medical wise.
And the dosages you are taking.
It is all interesting (useful) information.

I am interested in Dear Diary...

Glad you made it through the night :happy:

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Strange to have all these Northerly winds. They have a name, the "Arctic Maritime", to be replaced maybe by the NW "Polar Maritime". Both are brass monkeys.

Losing weight, burning fat, LCHF diet no booze, FBG 7.3 mmo/lt at 0600. Temp. 36.3 C.

Trying the local farm shop today. They are making up vedge boxes to bring to your car, at £25. I know this is expensive but let's see the contents before making a judgement. Stay safe.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been up since 2:30 am

Fbg 6.1

Temp 34.9

Planning my excursion for this morning.
I need more cat litter. I thought I had enough for a long time, but Popeye is voluntarily self isolating. Which I never thought I would see because he has always loved the great outdoors.

It is not the attack on him a few weeks ago that caused this behaviour, but there are now several feral cats around here. They are getting bolder and bolder. And will come up to attack Popeye even though he is standing besides me in the garden.

There was a vicious attack a week ago. Popeye was sitting right by my feet, when through the undergrowth came a particularly nasty vicious looking black and white Tom cat. It leapt on Popeye. Popeye gave a brilliant account of himself. But I intervened, and so the Tom cat leapt up and attacked me. Luckily I had an outdoors coat on and managed to avert my face.

I hope next door’s nasty dog will get it, but I think it will win over the dog.

So, without people around outside like they were before, this situation is going to get worse.

There are another 3 feral cats out there which are getting bolder and bolder, and don’t run when I go out there to chase them, and also have gone for Popeye.

I assume people are chucking out their pets because of the coronavirus.

Popeye is going to be 28 years old in May. He is an elderly cat, but doesn’t behave his age...and neither do I.

Take care
Be safe

EDIT: It is not going to be long before we see packs of dogs roaming the streets, like there used to be in the 1950’s and 60’s.

Edit 2: I live next to very large ancient woodlands/park where people take their dogs for walks. The car park has now been closed. The skateboard park normally freely open had been closed, and the children’s playground etc. But you can still access the very large woodland park from various places, There was a notice outside one of the entrances. No idea what it said because I was driving, but it was enough to make some dog walkers turn round and not enter the park.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
01-04-2020
6.50am FBG 5.4
That would be the late dinner and very late chocolate.
@gennepher loved the seed video, thank you for posting it. Keep yourself and Popeye safe.
Either get well or stay well people.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been up since 2:30 am

Fbg 6.1

Temp 34.9

Planning my excursion for this morning.
I need more cat litter. I thought I had enough for a long time, but Popeye is voluntarily self isolating. Which I never thought I would see because he has always loved the great outdoors.

It is not the attack on him a few weeks ago that caused this behaviour, but there are now several feral cats around here. They are getting bolder and bolder. And will come up to attack Popeye even though he is standing besides me in the garden.

There was a vicious attack a week ago. Popeye was sitting right by my feet, when through the undergrowth came a particularly nasty vicious looking black and white Tom cat. It leapt on Popeye. Popeye gave a brilliant account of himself. But I intervened, and so the Tom cat leapt up and attacked me. Luckily I had an outdoors coat on and managed to avert my face.

I hope next door’s nasty dog will get it, but I think it will win over the dog.

So, without people around outside like they were before, this situation is going to get worse.

There are another 3 feral cats out there which are getting bolder and bolder, and don’t run when I go out there to chase them, and also have gone for Popeye.

I assume people are chucking out their pets because of the coronavirus.

Popeye is going to be 28 years old in May. He is an elderly cat, but doesn’t behave his age...and neither do I.

Take care
Be safe

EDIT: It is not going to be long before we see packs of dogs roaming the streets, like there used to be in the 1950’s and 60’s.

Edit 2: I live next to very large ancient woodlands/park where people take their dogs for walks. The car park has now been closed. The skateboard park normally freely open had been closed, and the children’s playground etc. But you can still access the very large woodland park from various places, There was a notice outside one of the entrances. No idea what it said because I was driving, but it was enough to make some dog walkers turn round and not enter the park.

Morning @gennepher .

Sorry to hear about the cats .
All of these things happening now we have retreated en mass.
We were only saying yesterday how many cats Seem to have noticed us humans have vacated the streets.. Many more of them mooching up and down the street. Still being fed it seems, most seem quite big n plump.

One in particular, looks like it has taken over next doors tree house.. We see it lounging in there most days now.

We are plagued by foxes usually. We hear that howlling sound I think the females make trying to attract a mate... Not seen many or heard them now you mention it?
No dogs as yet, Burt then I doubt too many have pushed them out yet. Dread to think that being possible. But on the bright side, Lauren will be out, adopting one or two, at least .. Hope not too many go feral.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A question

Laurens seems to have a bee in her bonnet
Air traffic.. Not followed intently.
But apparently flight paths no longer fly over London.... Guess too dangerous in current time (crash)
But for some reasons she's tracking flights into Heathrow.. Seems it's one every 5 minutes

I suggested repatriation .. Nope
Military . Nope
Cargo, perhaps flights we just never noticed before.. Any one aware so I can look clever in solving the riddle.?

Rough day yesterday, family etc.
So the name change for those playing got missed.
Apologies.

Name game today.
Guitar.
Any thing picture film book TV show purely of interest that involves GUITARS.
Be adventurous, put that 24 / 7 web browsing many are doing to good use .or just kill a little time and add content to share with others...sharing IS caring..:)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Laurens seems to have a bee in her bonnet
Air traffic.. Not followed intently.
But apparently flight paths no longer fly over London.... Guess too dangerous in current time (crash)
But for some reasons she's tracking flights into Heathrow.. Seems it's one every 5 minutes

I suggested repatriation .. Nope
Military . Nope
Cargo, perhaps flights we just never noticed before.. Any one aware so I can look clever in solving the riddle.?

Try this

https://www.heathrow.com/arrivals

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Morning @OldButBold ..:)

It's good to see you in good-ish fettle today .

A +1 for the info being useful and also liking the dear diary, for now at least until we know your safe :happy:

Take care fella .

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Name game today.
Guitar.
Any thing picture film book TV show purely of interest that involves GUITARS.
Be adventurous, put that 24 / 7 web browsing many are doing to good use .or just kill a little time and add content to share with others...sharing IS caring..

My contribution to GUITAR :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 today and a bit of rumbling tummy so codeine taken. Need to be fit to do big drive to get friend back to her house. @OldButBold glad you got some rest and the meds/steaming helping. @gennepher hug for the fright with Popeye. I wonder Could you get some cat litter delivered by say Amazon. Have you any sand in the shed you could use or topsoil? Only go out if you must.
Will check in this evening. Have a good Wednesday if you can. Stay/get well, stay safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Or is THAT what they WANT us to think .;)
:wideyed::woot:

aliens1-5ad5062f3037130037462d1c.jpg