What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 today

extra run by mr gee into town today to take mum to get her pension as she was threatening to go on the bus :banghead: (but it's two weeks! - don't think she trusts the government not to snatch it back :hilarious: ) I don't think most of us would have expected a trip like that to feel so extra stressful so quickly :sorry:. Safely back (we hope!)

Loving all the humour here, I have offered to sacrifice my underwear in service as mr gee's comfort mask, he was not amused :D looks like I shall be getting my sewing machine out.

@OldButBold hope today brings some calm and rest :)

virtual hugs for all friends, human or otherwise, who would enjoy one :) hope your day is treating you kindly.

today's catch up art offerings -
no 1 is a slightly smaller than A5 pencil drawing of one of mum's ornaments with some added watercolour, done on shiny paper (back of a page from last years calendar :hilarious:) watercolour on shiny paper, just no!
View attachment 39974

no 2 is on A4 typing paper, a drawing of a Christmas teddy stuffed toy done with a pack of children's coloured pencils from Home Bargains (took about 2 hours!).
View attachment 39975
Really lovely thank you for sharing.

Reactions: Ryhia and HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are Krystyna growing so fast...never stop eating or using the litter tray but making a difference especially in isolation watched them from the dining room in the garden Lola was stalking the grass so funny.
Meant to say earlier photos were fab and the chair illustrates how they have grown. I am glad you got them before this lockdown, good for you and them.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today. in the SketchClubApp
Been working on this for nearly four hours now.
Using one finger, it is therapeutic and is like moving acrylic paints around...

I am 16 here, and I used an old transparency to work with, and that has gone a bit funny. I don't have a viewer any more to look at it properly...

I don't look like this now :)

View attachment 39977
Stunningly good all round and in every way

Reactions: Ryhia and HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher that portrait is quite amazing, cant get my head around the tecnique you used but it took a lot of skill and patience. Beautiful girl.
It is taking me longer and longer each time I use this sketch club app @PenguinMum
It doesn't matter how much 'paint' or layers of paint you put on, it never goes muddy like real life paint.
It completely calms me down from the stresses and strains of life at the moment. Which is why I cannot stop working on it.
I have other things I should be doing!

Thank you.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is taking me longer and longer each time I use this sketch club app @PenguinMum
It doesn't matter how much 'paint' or layers of paint you put on, it never goes muddy like real life paint.
It completely calms me down from the stresses and strains of life at the moment. Which is why I cannot stop working on it.
I have other things I should be doing!

Thank you.
How is Popeye doing?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today. in the SketchClubApp
Been working on this for nearly four hours now.
Using one finger, it is therapeutic and is like moving acrylic paints around...

I am 16 here, and I used an old transparency to work with, and that has gone a bit funny. I don't have a viewer any more to look at it properly...

I don't look like this now :)

View attachment 39977

How lovely. :)

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.3 today

extra run by mr gee into town today to take mum to get her pension as she was threatening to go on the bus :banghead: (but it's two weeks! - don't think she trusts the government not to snatch it back :hilarious: ) I don't think most of us would have expected a trip like that to feel so extra stressful so quickly :sorry:. Safely back (we hope!)

Loving all the humour here, I have offered to sacrifice my underwear in service as mr gee's comfort mask, he was not amused :D looks like I shall be getting my sewing machine out.

@OldButBold hope today brings some calm and rest :)

virtual hugs for all friends, human or otherwise, who would enjoy one :) hope your day is treating you kindly.

today's catch up art offerings -
no 1 is a slightly smaller than A5 pencil drawing of one of mum's ornaments with some added watercolour, done on shiny paper (back of a page from last years calendar :hilarious:) watercolour on shiny paper, just no!
View attachment 39974

no 2 is on A4 typing paper, a drawing of a Christmas teddy stuffed toy done with a pack of children's coloured pencils from Home Bargains (took about 2 hours!).
View attachment 39975

They are beautiful. Thank you for posting them. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today in the grocery store I was in the checkout line, 6 feet away from a young woman with a young child in front of me, when a man crowded up behind me and started hitting on her. I told him to move back six feet. He said no. I said he had to, there was tape on the floor, and it was the rule.
He then called me a racist. He said I wanted him to move away because I was a racist.
There is no reasoning with people who think that way. I called for the manager and another customer said "They're all really busy." I said they are supposed to be on the floor to protect their customers, but that I was being physically threatened and verbally accused by this guy.
Nobody cared.
I had to get in another line. The woman who opened up the new checkout lane is the same woman who a few minutes earlier had come speeding down the aisle and nearly knocked me and my shopping cart down, and when I glared at her she laughed at me.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today in the grocery store I was in the checkout line, 6 feet away from a young woman with a young child in front of me, when a man crowded up behind me and started hitting on her. I told him to move back six feet. He said no. I said he had to, there was tape on the floor, and it was the rule.
He then called me a racist. He said I wanted him to move away because I was a racist.
There is no reasoning with people who think that way. I called for the manager and another customer said "They're all really busy." I said they are supposed to be on the floor to protect their customers, but that I was being physically threatened and verbally accused by this guy.
Nobody cared.
I had to get in another line. The woman who opened up the new checkout lane is the same woman who a few minutes earlier had come speeding down the aisle and nearly knocked me and my shopping cart down, and when I glared at her she laughed at me.
Oh thats awful for you. Why do some people behave so badly and irresponsibly? My son claims that strict restrictions are only necessary because the minority just refuse to toe the line. I think he’s got a point.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two way ceiling light switch fitted in garden room and didn’t blow myself up.
Now looking at making some masks but not sure which template to use - answers on a postcard.

View attachment 39966
Thought this may be more up your street...
171219855ed99f03dcb1.jpeg

Reactions: SlimLizzy and DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull more good Pencil work and well observed drawing, pleased .you are sharing your talent.

@gennepher amazing! What else can I say?

I have started a landscape in my early light and Trees series but the fine weather and Mrs MCs persuasion meant garden work followed by taking Moet our Labrador a longer walk than he usually gets, he's fast asleep now.

I will try and finish my landscape before Midnight. Depamds on how much red wine I consume.:joyful: