What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Over sharing alert. "CRITICAL"....:wideyed:

:D:hilarious:

they do say it's all good, the point of imminent descent into death is when the humour goes.

think you got many more miles in that tank of yours..

we don't just laugh in the face of adversity,
we chuckle our T!ts off..Stuff you Covid flu.:D

I'm reminded of Spike Milligan's epitaph - “I told you I was ill” :)

There is nothing as powerful as the laughter of a human heart ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He is still frail @SaskiaKC but he is eating a little, and visits his cat tray in the bathroom when I visit the WC, and we both have a companionable wee. It feels very strange to have company in the bathroom.

Then he returns to my bed. He is not moving off that at the moment. My bed has always been a 100% safe space.

Thank you for asking.

I don't like humans being in the bathroom when I am there but I am used to the company of cats. :D As you say, companionable!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a large hula hoop in my garage.
A thought...
All I need to do is get a full short skirt of mine, and sew the hula hoop round the hem...
What do you think...
I would you know....

By the way do any of you young girls remember in the playground when you had something similar to a hula hoop round your full skirts?

But it was a bit of a malfunction when you sat on the swing....

I remember multi-layered, multi-colored tulle petticoats that stuck out like hoop skirts. I remember one Palm or Easter Sunday morning when the children's choir sang -- after we put on our choir robes the robing room was full of half-petticoats standing around on their own.
Can't imagine what they would have looked like under our robes -- but apparently the choirmistress could!

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember multi-layered, multi-colored tulle petticoats that stuck out like hoop skirts. I remember one Palm or Easter Sunday morning when the children's choir sang -- after we put on our choir robes the robing room was full of half-petticoats standing around on their own.
Can't imagine what they would have looked like under our robes -- but apparently the choirmistress could!
Very funny :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
aw, genn..that so reminds me of our belles.
anytime i sat on the loo, she'd come in do the guarding thing at my feet, and occasionally join me in a toilet break.
be using her Litter tray at the same time ....amazed she didn't keel over judging by the toxic odour her no 2's wafted towards me..:***::meh::mask:
You got me laughing there :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
would only work if others did it also.

BUT do think it should be COMPULSORY for all the "ESSENTIAL WORKERS :rolleyes: "
Making a mockery of the NHS staff and all those staying home, as they wander the land infecting as many as possible as they go.

Preferably like the dog cones, right across and up their necks.
so they can still work, if its really '"ESSENTIAL :rolleyes:"
but can't splutter their poison across the land.

There is too much casualness with this.

If one more person pushes past me during this coronavirus pandemic creating bodily contact in a narrow shopping aisle, I am so ready to show them I will shove them forcibly with both my hands flat on their chest so they will go flying.

I know this is so not a good idea.

(I can do it because I have already done this, many years ago on the pavement to someone who deliberately came at me, to the shock of the other person, who fell over, then backed away from me and left. I immediately went to the police station and told them what I had done. And described the person. They laughed, they knew who it was, told me to go home, and I would be fine, and I never heard any more about it).

I do not want to do this again.

Reactions: SaskiaKC and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
In fancy dress? He did the whole thing in full Spiderman costume today including face mask. He also ramped it up a bit with 35/25 second activity/ rest bursts. We will be so fit by the end of this ( she says hopefully)

Not got fancy dress although sometimes Mrs Miggins does think perhaps that I do have.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Two way ceiling light switch fitted in garden room and didn’t blow myself up.
Now looking at making some masks but not sure which template to use - answers on a postcard.

upload_2020-4-3_14-37-51.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now looking at making some masks but not sure which template to use - answers on a postcard.

View attachment 39966
Oh my goodness, each one I looked at was funnier than the last. Does a snorkel work better than a scouring sponge or coconut shell I wonder?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday the KittenCat seemed to see her reflection in my phone's black screen. So I found a video-for-cats on YouTube and held the phone for her to look at. It was fascinating to see the moment when she saw the squirrel and the birds onscreen, and to watch her eyes follow their movements. I could not see the screen from where I was holding the phone for her, and I was wondering what she was seeing that made her suddenly turn her head and look off beyond the phone screen. A couple of times she reached out towards it with a paw.

When she finally got bored and moved away, I watched the video and realized that different birds kept darting into the scene and then darting away just as suddenly, and those must have been the sudden movements she was following. I really enjoyed watching her watch the video, and it was nice to have some time when I knew she wasn't bored.

I think I will order a phone holder for her:

613SvTiEJOL._AC_SX425_.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 39966
new york now saying cover face if in public...mmm

wonder what they know we don't..?
once again the UK behind the curve.

and nice to see Hancock FINALLY understands that PPE might be a good idea for those who might
and are dying saving us..

Sure that will be some comfort to the family of the two nurses who died today.
RiP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-51952607

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryhia and geefull

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 today

extra run by mr gee into town today to take mum to get her pension as she was threatening to go on the bus :banghead: (but it's two weeks! - don't think she trusts the government not to snatch it back :hilarious: ) I don't think most of us would have expected a trip like that to feel so extra stressful so quickly :sorry:. Safely back (we hope!)

Loving all the humour here, I have offered to sacrifice my underwear in service as mr gee's comfort mask, he was not amused :D looks like I shall be getting my sewing machine out.

@OldButBold hope today brings some calm and rest :)

virtual hugs for all friends, human or otherwise, who would enjoy one :) hope your day is treating you kindly.

today's catch up art offerings -
no 1 is a slightly smaller than A5 pencil drawing of one of mum's ornaments with some added watercolour, done on shiny paper (back of a page from last years calendar :hilarious:) watercolour on shiny paper, just no!
upload_2020-4-3_15-46-30.jpeg

no 2 is on A4 typing paper, a drawing of a Christmas teddy stuffed toy done with a pack of children's coloured pencils from Home Bargains (took about 2 hours!).
upload_2020-4-3_15-52-0.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.3 today

extra run by mr gee into town today to take mum to get her pension as she was threatening to go on the bus :banghead: (but it's two weeks! - don't think she trusts the government not to snatch it back :hilarious: ) I don't think most of us would have expected a trip like that to feel so extra stressful so quickly :sorry:. Safely back (we hope!)

Loving all the humour here, I have offered to sacrifice my underwear in service as mr gee's comfort mask, he was not amused :D looks like I shall be getting my sewing machine out.

@OldButBold hope today brings some calm and rest :)

virtual hugs for all friends, human or otherwise, who would enjoy one :) hope your day is treating you kindly.

today's catch up art offerings -
no 1 is a slightly smaller than A5 pencil drawing of one of mum's ornaments with some added watercolour, done on shiny paper (back of a page from last years calendar :hilarious:) watercolour on shiny paper, just no!
View attachment 39974

no 2 is on A4 typing paper, a drawing of a Christmas teddy stuffed toy done with a pack of children's coloured pencils from Home Bargains (took about 2 hours!).
View attachment 39975
These are gorgeous @geefull

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Charlie and Lola look so happy and contented now.
They are Krystyna growing so fast...never stop eating or using the litter tray but making a difference especially in isolation watched them from the dining room in the garden Lola was stalking the grass so funny.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today. in the SketchClubApp
Been working on this for nearly four hours now.
Using one finger, it is therapeutic and is like moving acrylic paints around...

I am 16 here, and I used an old transparency to work with, and that has gone a bit funny. I don't have a viewer any more to look at it properly...

I don't look like this now :)

1669D7A8-FC8E-43B4-B70A-1F2B9E128196.jpeg