Diabetics and 12 weeks isolation

Ross101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all just wondering has anyone on here received a letter off their doctor telling them to isolate for 12 weeks? I now know 2 people who have type 1 diabetes who recieved letters yesterday telling them they had to stay at home for 12 weeks. They are both in their 50s and have no other conditions. Are we now going to being told to stay at home or is this dependant on your doctors? I have attached a copy of the letter they received. I have just contacted my doctors for clarification

Attachments

• 7F370C5E-AFC5-4EE0-868D-A1834C78C8E2.jpeg
    7F370C5E-AFC5-4EE0-868D-A1834C78C8E2.jpeg
    409.4 KB · Views: 578
  • 63461A5A-D8D6-4079-BE41-78EA92A4C013.jpeg
    63461A5A-D8D6-4079-BE41-78EA92A4C013.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 472
  • CE2283D9-8B4E-4315-9CB0-926DBF19749B.jpeg
    CE2283D9-8B4E-4315-9CB0-926DBF19749B.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 446
  • 614CF685-74F3-46A7-AAFA-D9CEE068BBF1.jpeg
    614CF685-74F3-46A7-AAFA-D9CEE068BBF1.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 574
Last edited:
Reactions: fatrats

Ross101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Update I have received a reply from my doctors not confirming or denying a letter is being sent just states that “we are still in the process of sending letters out”

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I don't think it's dependent on the doctor per se, rather a body like Public Health England running some sort of computer program that analyses everybody's medical records and then spews out lists of 'at risk' patients to be sent out to GP's.

Some people are getting the letters who shouldn't, some people who should get letters are being missed.

I have not received anything myself.

Reactions: Ross101 and fatrats

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I now know 2 people who have type 1 diabetes who recieved letters yesterday telling them they had to stay at home for 12 weeks. They are both in their 50s and have no other conditions.

Just wondering what their hba1cs are? I believe others have said that an hba1c over a certain level puts you into the extra high risk category.... ( over 79????)

Ross101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Guys huge update

spoke to my doctors they said anyone with diabetes will be getting told to isolate for 12 weeks. They have been finalising them this week and letters are going out and will be landing next week. I have been told I’m getting one so I imagine everyone else will be too

fatrats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
current confusion regarding life in general
Just wondering what their hba1cs are? I believe others have said that an hba1c over a certain level puts you into the extra high risk category.... ( over 79????)
Hi
my husbands gp yesterday said 75. unfortunately he is not my gp and my hba1c is 80 and my gp said they could not give me a letter.

Reactions: Ross101

Ross101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi
my husbands gp yesterday said 75. unfortunately he is not my gp and my hba1c is 80 and my gp said they could not give me a letter.

I was just told by my doctors it’s not based on management it’s based on if you have an underlying health condition full stop

fatrats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I was just told by my doctors it’s not based on management it’s based on if you have an underlying health condition full stop
thankyou Ross. My gp sympathised but said I would have to use my husbands shielding letter with my employer. Diabetes did not count! All I want is to be able to work from home like thousands already are who have no underlying conditions.

Reactions: Ross101

Ross101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
thankyou Ross. My gp sympathised but said I would have to use my husbands shielding letter with my employer. Diabetes did not count! All I want is to be able to work from home like thousands already are who have no underlying conditions.

how recent were you told this? From the sounds of it this is something that’s changed this week

fatrats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
how recent were you told this? From the sounds of it this is something that’s changed this week
we spoke to my husbands gp yesterday. He was great. Spoke to mine this morning and they knew nothing but were sympathetic.

Ross101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
we spoke to my husbands gp yesterday. He was great. Spoke to mine this morning and they knew nothing but were sympathetic.
Ah ok well I’m not sure what’s going on then that’s what I was told from my doctors why it would be different for other I don’t know

I’ll update this thread when/if I get a letter

fatrats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ah ok well I’m not sure what’s going on then that’s what I was told from my doctors why it would be different for other I don’t know

I’ll update this thread when/if I get a letter
thankyou. should be same for all. perhaps its just a communication delay. think I may change doctors if I survive this.

fatrats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Ross101 update: My husband had a shielding letter from his GP which now means I must work from home to protect him. My own gp still says that I can self isolate but need to use letter from nhs website, so not backed up by GP, so no use at work as far as I know. So I am at home at least. still plan to change doctors!

fatrats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
just to add that fortunately work have agreed to this