Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
spot on!
That was exactly my reaction.
In fact, I enjoyed it so much I watched it too fast and need to find something else for tomorrow. :D

I quite liked Avenue 5 with Hugh Laurie very funny Scifi but the episodes are too short.
Star Trek: Picard I just loved.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I quite liked Avenue 5 with Hugh Laurie very funny Scifi but the episodes are too short.

we have both of those recorded, but not yet started. Also Westworld and the latest True Detective, although the latter is v hard going, and we may abandon it.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Jigsaw!
Music!

I'm on furlough!
Usually morning, doing chores and any shopping I can get, fresh dietary needs!

So fed up, nowt on television, because I'm a sports nut!
Day time television is absolutely garbage.
So reruns of my favourites, but getting bored with that now!
No projects to do, no other hobbies, other than an hour's walk daily around the footie field behind our house!

Definitely not use to this amount of time in the house!
Struggling! Because of so many reasons!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
We have been watching Netflix a little more, and have just finished watching a South Korean police drama called Tunnel.

Excellent story line and action packed all the the way through to the end of last episode.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/81167049?trackId=13630398
Well I have just watched the first three episodes not too bad at all but my Korean is a bit rusty so good job it's got subtitles.:)

lazyy98

Good idea for a thread @Tophat1900

I’m working from home and busier than ever during the working week. Go for an early morning walk before work starts and then pretty much a normal evening (aside from what would have been additional walks in good weather in the evening) fiddling around at home.

I’ve been unwell, so haven’t felt up to much at the weekends so pottering about at home with a couple of short walks has worked. Today is set to be the warmest day of the year so far in London. Under normal circumstances I’d already have been out walking near water for about 3 hours but have slept through those. It will start to get challenging from this point on, I guess. Am anticipating a lot more reading, sorting some of those projects saved for a ‘rainy’ day - I have physical photos from years back that never made an album; I have a collection of CDs that could do with uploading to the laptop for syncing with my mobile devices. That sort of thing.

hii
me also do working from home and learning per day something new....

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

Next gen with Picard is a great series. Voyager is dull and Enterprise is absolutely terrible...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Next gen with Picard is a great series. Voyager is dull and Enterprise is absolutely terrible...
What did you think of Star Trek: Origins I found it OK ish for a fan effort.

But I did like star trek: discovery which wasn't too bad.

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It’s great to see most of us are making the most of this time.
I love the gardens at Northgate Hall @JohnEGreen; happy memories of chasing small grandsons across the grass, playing peekaboo in the Japanese temple and trying to stop them eating everything in the fruit and veg garden. I want a small hut to live in in that fruit and veg garden!
We retired some years ago so this is not as restricting as it is for some. Husband’s been painting bits of the house that haven’t seen a brush for 30 years, mending wooden things and vying with the neighbour’s for the best power tool sounds. I reckon they could start a power tool orchestra!
I’ve been growing things, waging war on the weeds, and apologising to the bees whenever I remove runners from the invasive flowering stuff.
Apart from that, the warm weather’s made it seem like a holiday, without the restaurants and the sea to swim in.
Colder now, so time to nestle in with some good, and cheerful books. I can’t understand people who get stuck in to the serious stuff at a time like this, unless it’s trying to grow stuff to keep hunger at bay.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
What did you think of Star Trek: Origins I found it OK ish for a fan effort.

But I did like star trek: discovery which wasn't too bad.

Don't tell anyone, but I haven't seen them.... they just don't run them on tv here. I know, I haven't seen them, yes, you heard that right.... it's a shocking tragedy. I love the original series, but admit there were some ridiculous episodes in it, but not a lot and not a bad series for an original idea. I also have never really enjoyed the movies as much as the series.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Don't tell anyone, but I haven't seen them.... they just don't run them on tv here. I know, I haven't seen them, yes, you heard that right.... it's a shocking tragedy. I love the original series, but admit there were some ridiculous episodes in it, but not a lot and not a bad series for an original idea. I also have never really enjoyed the movies as much as the series.
Discovery is on netflix I think.

Reactions: Tophat1900
D

Deleted member 308541

Cleaned the food cupboard out yesterday as it was a complete pack rat paradise in it, as we had another online grocery order delivered yesterday. It will stay neat and tidy for a while.

Found three tin of sardines that are a couple of years old out of date that will be put to use out at the block.

mouseee

I have been getting up usual time dmfor work and doing 3 solid hours on the lap top. Some CPD which work have set and responding to parents and emails. I'm doing a bit of research into an aspect of learning which is really interesting too. Also have to check Facebook now as part of work! Might hold a zoom meeting with my class if it's been booked in.

Then I have decorated three rooms, sorted out cupboards, crocheted things, knitted things and surprisingly kept the flat almost tidy.

Also, made the balcony look very pretty, with passersby telling me so too.

Avoiding carbs has been a major task of mine today particularly and I have failed. But, tomorrow is another day. I intend to do yoga again tomorrow and avoid carbs!
20200331_165534.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Discovery is on netflix I think.

Seen it.! Critics & fans kind of panned the first series as being "3way feminist agenda" driven???
I disagree. I enjoyed the ride in this Star Trek spin off.. (Don't wanna disrupt the topic about the refreshing predesssesors of non victim charactors such as Princess Leia & Ellen Riply?)

I was however disappointed at the new doctor who. It did seem to have the original William Hartnell ethos of a time traveling history lesson? (The fist Doc.).)
However Jodie Whitteker portrayed the benevolent alien hero like Victoria Wood?? Though I do like the nod to Peter Davidson with the outfit.
Where was the wild eyed loner, staring at the gates of oblivion with the timeless knowledge...

Video calls.. The joys of speaking to my elderly mother on my sister's phone, & my mum saying "I'm eating something, want some?"
Yeah, mum. Just poke it down the little hole at the front of the phone & I'll lick the ear piece...

Bemusement & amusement.. & my sister's phone going through the wringer.. :hilarious:

Whatever you do, keep a sense of humour whilst playing safe.. :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been getting up usual time dmfor work and doing 3 solid hours on the lap top. Some CPD which work have set and responding to parents and emails. I'm doing a bit of research into an aspect of learning which is really interesting too. Also have to check Facebook now as part of work! Might hold a zoom meeting with my class if it's been booked in.

Then I have decorated three rooms, sorted out cupboards, crocheted things, knitted things and surprisingly kept the flat almost tidy.

Also, made the balcony look very pretty, with passersby telling me so too.

Avoiding carbs has been a major task of mine today particularly and I have failed. But, tomorrow is another day. I intend to do yoga again tomorrow and avoid carbs! View attachment 40355

Hi,

Your balcony looks great.! :cool:

The whole "garden centre" thing is a no no. But we managed to get a little joy from what we have too.

I'm no real green finger.

Edit to add a resized photo & for some reason, I thought we had daffodils planted last year?
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Sushibabes14

Curious as to what people do during isolation. What do you do for fun etc. I'm not interested in cleaning, precautions and all that jazz, but what you do for entertainment. Can't spend all day on the net. We all have our own routines, so do share if you will.

Some of the things I have started doing that I wasn't before, but used to before the world of social media took over.

Jigsaw puzzles
Board games... remember those?...scrabble, monopoly, etc.
Some xbox games
Researching stuff to cook that I haven't experimented with before (Obviously with myself it's low carb stuff). Trying a Vanilla cloud cake with coffee butter cream today... hopefully it comes out edible and no fire extinguishers are required.
Will post the recipe if it is a success.

So, feel free to share what you do. Ideas are a good thing.
Curious as to what people do during isolation. What do you do for fun etc. I'm not interested in cleaning, precautions and all that jazz, but what you do for entertainment. Can't spend all day on the net. We all have our own routines, so do share if you will.

Some of the things I have started doing that I wasn't before, but used to before the world of social media took over.

Jigsaw puzzles
Board games... remember those?...scrabble, monopoly, etc.
Some xbox games
Researching stuff to cook that I haven't experimented with before (Obviously with myself it's low carb stuff). Trying a Vanilla cloud cake with coffee butter cream today... hopefully it comes out edible and no fire extinguishers are required.
Will post the recipe if it is a success.

So, feel free to share what you do. Ideas are a good thing.