Let's play a positivity game...

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Everyone give one Benefits of being diabetic....
First of all I want say my benefit is that I have made strict schedule of eating and exercising and I take more healthy food...

Mine would be the same as yours.

One other thing it has had as a positive is the "opening of the eyes" to the sheer ignorance of the medical profession in being to understand it at the basic level. It has also opened my eyes to what a real healthy diet is for me and that is most certainly not what dieticians and doctors have been hammering out for the last 50 years.

It has also led me to the world of research and self discovery in what works for me as I wander my own maze of the condition. These are all positives. My knowledge base has increased dramatically thanks to the experts doing podcasts etc, such as Ivor Cummin's, Bikman, Mason, Kendrick, Fung and many others who do have a real understanding of it and it's other issues etc. And oh what a difference low carb and keto makes to all aspects of my health!

Bada bing!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tackling T2 and changing what I ate led me too

Reversing T2
Losing a lot of weight
Sleep Apnea gone
Acid reflux gone
Breathlessness gone
Hypertension gone

Multiple benefits alongside getting to know a lot of crazy people who are doing the same thing here!

Win, win, win...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s difficult to choose just one, but mine would be finding this forum, all the other benefits stemmed from advice here :)

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tackling T2 and changing what I ate led me too

Reversing T2
Losing a lot of weight
Sleep Apnea gone
Acid reflux gone

Me too....

oh, and the Return of the Full-Fat... cheese, butter, cream, Greek yoggie. Love me some dairy :cat:!

And Darjeeling tea, previously this exacerbated the acid reflux too much and I was forced to quit drinking it. It’s back!

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Having a better understanding of body chemistry and how lifestyle affects it. Weighing 71kg -same as over 40 years ago! Appreciating the kindness of other people as a direct result of how I was cared for as a sickly child. Taking nothing for granted.
Ironically it has given me an optimistic outlook throughout my life.

Aditya Singh

It means we are so lucky to have diabetes....so I named it that we all are diabetic warrior's....we are the one who know everything about our body and it's reaction...

Taxus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm prediabetic so I have to be careful what I eat... but I can have a glass of wine, olives, cheese and chorizo!

Reactions: Aditya Singh

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
A benefit for me was it got rid of my fear of needles, as a child I hated em use to have a screaming fit if I got within 10 miles of one.. then , I got the big D and whoosh phobia disappeared , it had to really or I’d no be here I suppose, plus I know more about my body than I would if I didn’t have it , ther are far far worse things to have .

Reactions: Aditya Singh
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It means we are so lucky to have diabetes....so I named it that we all are diabetic warrior's....we are the one who know everything about our body and it's reaction...

Lucky to have diabetes :wideyed: that is not a word I would ever wish to use :(

Benefits, well, tbh I personally can't think of any, I have it and it is just a small part of who I am, I manage it and try to get on with life the best way I can :)