What do you do during isolation?

D

Deleted member 308541

Some restriction have been lifted here in Queensland, you can now go for a short drive of 50 klms, as long as you do not cross state / territory borders doing so.

This was just played on the local ABC radio station, a song I have always liked from Redgum.

Reactions: hankjam

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I like their song "I was only 19" because it's real.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello
I’ve always been an avid gamer, mostly online games. Unfortunately I’m not very outdoorsy, I don’t have a garden so gardening isn’t on my list. A few gaming platforms have games on sale, so I recently bought sims 4. There are a lot of other free games that I do play in the mean time.

Reactions: Goonergal

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
And Frankie kicked a mine the day that mankind kicked the moon
God help me
He was goin' home in June

Though historically Frankie was not the one who kicked the mine Peter was but Peter did not survive whereas Frankie though injured survived Peter's name was left out of the song in deference to his family.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
As today is Astronomy day I think I will get my binoculars out as my telescope got bust somewhile ago and do a bit of star gazing tonight.

Centre of the Heart Nebula by Ivan Eder

centre_of_the_heart_nebula__ivan_eder.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I need a pair of binoculars as good as yours :D

You wouldn't be able to lift them and to get that photo you would need to be standing on top of a mountain in Chile in all probability.

The photo was an entry in the Astronomical Photograph of the year competition last year I believe submitted by Ivan Eder taken with equipment far superior to that which I would ever hope to own.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
You wouldn't be able to lift them and to get that photo you would need to be standing on top of a mountain in Chile in all probability.

The photo was an entry in the Astronomical Photograph of the year competition last year I believe submitted by Ivan Eder taken with equipment far superior to that which I would ever hope to own.

Quite right, that's why I look at the work of other also. It's a fascination, that's for sure.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Pity we'll never get there. Or anywhere near it. And that's from me, a space "nut"

Unless we break light speed by a factor of xxxx. Nice to see the images though .....

Where's that "wormhole" when you need one

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Pity we'll never get there. Or anywhere near it. And that's from me, a space "nut"

Unless we break light speed by a factor of xxxx. Nice to see the images though .....

Where's that "wormhole" when you need one

Perhaps Dr.Who can help? :D

I wish I had the camera gear setup, I have a telescope and can set up my camera on it (Nikon) and get real good look at the moon's surface, but I just don't have the spare change to get all the top gear. And the moon moves rather quickly, so you are always having to realign the camera to keep it in view.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Bordering on 50 years since we last visited. It'd be nice to get back

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Perhaps Dr.Who can help? :D

I wish I had the camera gear setup, I have a telescope and can set up my camera on it (Nikon) and get real good look at the moon's surface, but I just don't have the spare change to get all the top gear. And the moon moves rather quickly, so you are always having to realign the camera to keep it in view.
Yes motorized mounts are pretty expensive and I need a new telescope my telephoto lens just doesn't cut it.
I have a Nikon 5300 a decent enough camera.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Yes motorized mounts are pretty expensive and I need a new telescope my telephoto lens just doesn't cut it.
I have a Nikon 5300 a decent enough camera.

It;s an expensive hobby, but you can get some decent stuff done without needing to win the lottery. We're pretty fortunate to live now and to of seen what we have from the probes sent out on various missions. I think the pictures that have impressed me the most are those of Jupiter... I'm sure we all have a few faves in mind?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well just whiled away half a hour or so standing at my front door politely reminding people walking up and down the road on the pavement opposite that it's still 2 metres not 2 feet but had to to raise my voice to be heard over the sound of all the cars that have just reappeared travelling on our road. :banghead:

Got my self a graphics board now just have to figure out how to use it.

caius2x8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well was crew on the RAF Launch Sea Otter for a few years.

View attachment 40238

Yarr, thar she...

Grog
--------

60ml lime
2 tablespn (56g) brown sugar
3 measures dark rum
2/3 mug black tea
A few small leaves mint
4 cloves
A small pinch cinnamon

Make tea, while brewing, add all other ingredients to it except rum,

Remove tea bag

Add rum

Serve warm to hottish or cold if you must. Dont skip the cloves. They really make it. :)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
It;s an expensive hobby, but you can get some decent stuff done without needing to win the lottery. We're pretty fortunate to live now and to of seen what we have from the probes sent out on various missions. I think the pictures that have impressed me the most are those of Jupiter... I'm sure we all have a few faves in mind?

This

Attachments

• Juno Image.jpg
    Juno Image.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 287