What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ye ha! Everyone in England (sorry @gennepher but you will have to be clandestine again) - book a haircut and a table at The Fat Duck.

upload_2020-6-23_13-6-56.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ye ha! Everyone in England (sorry @gennepher but you will have to be clandestine again) - book a haircut and a table at The Fat Duck.

View attachment 42278
Truly amazing how The (thoroughly independent) Science managed to deliver just when the polls showed some people doubted Kim Jong-Bozza. Could save a few jobs - among Govt Scientific advisers. Hurrah. Now we just need some people at the top able to tell their rs from their elbows. Very Billy Joel day. Honesty springs to mind. Others will prefer Just the way you are, as is their right. (I am an innocent man would strain credulity too far.)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 42278

Oh, is that a mature ruler...(my spellcheck altered metre to mature and I decided to leave it because it seems spellcheck makes its own fairy tales from what you write at the current point of time...).

I can do clandestine and stealth again...
t123005.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting today as guided by the Joy of Painting course.
Take an unsuccessful painting and more or less work on it.

I had this gel print I did a couple of years ago. It is a bit dark. I had been making some greeting/notecards/etc just for myself. So I used this. Glued it to the middle of the 8inch canvas. And did a bit of work around it using my fingers with the disposable gloves on, and also the sharp bottom edge of the paint tubes to paint with.

I think I am losing interest in the Joy of Painting course. The next one has very strict instructions...it is the last one to do...

I have just this minute watched the airbus climb the sky from the airport...

I feel tethered, like the falcon tethered to the post watching the aeroplane move in the sky.

Anyway I am rambling.

Here is the painting for today...

FF48E08F-AF9E-40C6-82F8-28DA5547FBC3.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I had this gel print I did a couple of years ago. It is a bit dark. I had been making some greeting/notecards/etc just for myself. So I used this. Glued it to the middle of the 8inch canvas. And did a bit of work around it using my fingers with the disposable gloves on, and also the sharp bottom edge of the paint tubes to paint with.

I think I am losing interest in the Joy of Painting course. The next one has very strict instructions...it is the last one to do...

I feel tethered, like the falcon tethered to the post watching the aeroplane move in the sky.

Anyway I am rambling.

View attachment 42281
I immediately thought Joni Mitchell, Blue. From me that is very good. Now, relax young lady.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 this morning

a mixed day, did nothing this morning then we went over to mum's to pick up her shopping list ready for the weekly trolley dash ;)

whilst we were at mum's we clipped and pruned all the bushes and trees overhanging the verge of the road outside back far enough to be able to see a good distance down the road so we can get out of the drive safely :) Then, being vaguely kn*ckered we sat in the garden and ate lunch followed by strawberries with ice cream for mr gee and mum and yoghurt for me in honour of 'Summer' :D :joyful:

Got back and have now raked up the strimming we did yesterday, it's such a pleasant evening so far that we may go for a walk round the village after dinner ;)

I think 'unsuccessful painting' to be worked on could be the one I did yesterday, I'm going to put that one aside and think about it for a bit :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - fine start to the next opus :), I look forward to the finished painting.

@gennepher - nice extension of the original, it works very harmoniously, once again a very graceful swaying form, like a Naiad throwing back water droplets from her hair in the moonlight :)

art catch up -
wanted to try slightly more abstract hills with the overcast sky and low cloud.

upload_2020-6-23_18-22-48.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher another adventure into the mysteries of your artistic mind, I like this very much, so dark, so graceful, so beguiling brilliant.

@geefull your abstract painting of the scene worked brilliantly, very well painted and still in your signature artistic style, like it very much.

So the second of my Missing the Sea paintings, finished today A4 watercolour, darker than my first in the series.
IMG_3398.JPG

I really am missing the sea but I think it will be September when all the schools are back that we will feel bold enough to risk a campsite in our VW camper. Looking at wash/toilet tent so we can avoid shower and toilet blocks or more easily visit sites with no facilities. Believe it or not our VW camper does have a shower and hot and cold water and a loo but more convenient to have it separate in a tent.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.6 this morning

a mixed day, did nothing this morning then we went over to mum's to pick up her shopping list ready for the weekly trolley dash ;)

whilst we were at mum's we clipped and pruned all the bushes and trees overhanging the verge of the road outside back far enough to be able to see a good distance down the road so we can get out of the drive safely :) Then, being vaguely kn*ckered we sat in the garden and ate lunch followed by strawberries with ice cream for mr gee and mum and yoghurt for me in honour of 'Summer' :D :joyful:

Got back and have now raked up the strimming we did yesterday, it's such a pleasant evening so far that we may go for a walk round the village after dinner ;)

I think 'unsuccessful painting' to be worked on could be the one I did yesterday, I'm going to put that one aside and think about it for a bit :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - fine start to the next opus :), I look forward to the finished painting.

@gennepher - nice extension of the original, it works very harmoniously, once again a very graceful swaying form, like a Naiad throwing back water droplets from her hair in the moonlight :)

art catch up -
wanted to try slightly more abstract hills with the overcast sky and low cloud.

View attachment 42282

Thank you very much for that compliment @geefull

Your hills work beautifully.
You have painted your body of water so that it looks really heavy and deep. I love your painting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher another adventure into the mysteries of your artistic mind, I like this very much, so dark, so graceful, so beguiling brilliant.

@geefull your abstract painting of the scene worked brilliantly, very well painted and still in your signature artistic style, like it very much.

So the second of my Missing the Sea paintings, finished today A4 watercolour, darker than my first in the series.
View attachment 42283

I really am missing the sea but I think it will be September when all the schools are back that we will feel bold enough to risk a campsite in our VW camper. Looking at wash/toilet tent so we can avoid shower and toilet blocks or more easily visit sites with no facilities. Believe it or not our VW camper does have a shower and hot and cold water and a loo but more convenient to have it separate in a tent.

Thank you very much for your compliments on my painting @Muddy Cyclist

A powerful painting of longing. The sea just out of reach.

I will be waiting until September also before I go to the beach again, assuming Wales has released us from our driving limit of only 5 miles by then.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you very much for your compliments on my painting @Muddy Cyclist

A powerful painting of longing. The sea just out of reach.

I will be waiting until September also before I go to the beach again, assuming Wales has released us from our driving limit of only 5 miles by then.
Thank you. I like your description.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.4 for me on this day.

Tesco forage at 6 am. Then picking up a garden sculpture I commissioned an artist friend to make for me from rusty metal. The afternoon will be our first family BBQ since lockdown, our son and daughter tell us we have to take our VW camper so we have access to our own loo and I am taking our Cadac (portable gas cooker) to cook our own food on, own eating implements and chairs. Is this concern to keep their 70 year old parents safe or a dastardly plan to reduce the amount of washing up? Sons garden is huge so social distancing will be fine and we will take our musical instruments and enjoy some singing and playing. I did note GOV banned singing at weddings and in churches, whoops! :) :singing:

Today be prepared to go along the path that time is taking. Be safe.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 5.9

Temp 35.7

A beautiful day.
Making a coffee, and going out in front garden to do some trimming...

Have a good day.
Take care

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Forgot to.post this morning.
Woken by cramp about 6,15am. But apt on until 7.30. Alarm.
FBG 6.1 again. Now for some of you that's fine, or even good. But as a prediabetic it should be lower. So once again lemon tea. Tested after an hour. Dropped to 6.0
More lemon tea. Didnt have time for any more of anything as neighbours were taking me shopping. So no breakfast.
Shopping over, had a smoked mackerel.salad for lunch which was extremely filling.
The To Do List is nearly completed. Maybe i should write a new one? All this sitting about reading and playing computer games cant really be good for me.
Will need to go shopping again, in search of a few elusive items. But not for a few days

6.20am FBG 5.2
Happier with that.
Might be walnut picking today. Will be testing a few first though, to see if they have gone over. Also bit of planting in pots now i have more compost.
Don't forget to be safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another morning of azure in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of salad days, but not cold in blood, came in at 5.2 this am. Get me ink and paper.

It’s international bin day again and General Bin Waste-Bin is out at the observation post awaiting the parade of the bin lorry.
Looks like scorchio today. I already have the back of the house open into the garden.The birds are at the feeders, filling up before the anticipated heat makes them too heavy to fly.
Choses de bébé are now getting out of hand. A high chair has now appeared and also one of those bouncy chair contraptions with it’s optional extras of gaudy, noisy, child distractors.
The last (for now at least) daily briefing went out on a high. Look out for repeats on Dave.

Have the most wonderful day that you can have. I will be sitting in the garden I expect, saluting to the sun. Koffy calls - track 2.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Anyway I am rambling.

View attachment 42281
Dark, very dark.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning on the way to 31+ here in The Brecks. Next slide please. Fbg 5.0 , 7 hrs sleep, 20 gms carb, 27 k steps, 74.8 kgs, sats 98, temp 34.5. With my Good News Bear/Populist Demagogue's Nelsonian eye I could spin that as World Leading. That is if I ignore the myriad of evidence from all around this forum and established facts that others do much better and I have performed so much better when properly managed. @Muddy Cyclist have a great day with the family; @dunelm the Grandad protests too much, methinks. Enjoy the heat wave as lying fake news health leaders doom mongers say a second wave of that which cannot be named is a coming.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning and Milly decided to pay me a visit at 5am. Luckily, for her, I was already up and gave her some chicken. She's sunbathing now, no doubt her ladyship will have words if she sees her ;)

f1.jpg
f3.jpg