2019/20 Football season

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear we got hammered 3-1 and now face back to back relegations. :( Our next game is away to Birmingham on Weds tea time. 9 games left in which to save our skin. :nailbiting:

Reactions: porl69 and Buzzer81

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Fingers crossed @Johnboy412 they will stay up

Good win for Leeds on Saturday, sitting pretty on the top of the championship. Was appalled at the Mitrovic challenge on Ben White which went unnoticed....just hop the the FA will take a look and issue a retrospective ban

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fingers crossed @Johnboy412 they will stay up

Good win for Leeds on Saturday, sitting pretty on the top of the championship. Was appalled at the Mitrovic challenge on Ben White which went unnoticed....just hop the the FA will take a look and issue a retrospective ban

Thanks mate.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Northampton Town dominated 10-man Exeter City to win the League Two play-off final and gain promotion to League One at an empty Wembley.

Well done Northampton.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well turn it around we sure did. We walloped Birmingham 0-3. :singing: Gets us out of the relegation zone by 3 points. Just hope we can get some more. Home to Preston on Saturday.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Great result! Let’s hope you can stay up. Potential Wigan -12 points as well which helps!!!!

I just do not understand the EFLs sense in the 12 point deduction for a club in financial difficulty. Surely the 12 point deduction and the chance of going down a division is going to put more financial stress on the club. To me that does not make any sense at all

Buzzer81

It’s to stop clubs overspending to gain a competitive advantage over teams who live within their means. It is harsh, but poor owners were exploiting the situation and also putting clubs at long term risk. In the Wigan scenario, I do feel for them as it seems it is a well run club which shouldn’t have any issues but new owners have pulled funding leading to administration..... it’s not right and they should be ashamed!!!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And we drew 0-0 at home to Preston. Leaves us 2 points above the relegation zone. Next stop Reading on Tuesday night. Lets see how we go on there.

Reactions: porl69

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just do not understand the EFLs sense in the 12 point deduction for a club in financial difficulty. Surely the 12 point deduction and the chance of going down a division is going to put more financial stress on the club. To me that does not make any sense at all

Yeah you'd have thought so. It makes no sense at all. If they finish in the relegation zone then they will get deducted 12 points next season. If they finish outside the relegation zone then A 12 point deduction at the end of this season would leave them in the relegation zone surely. Its a cruel blow to them. Either way they could be going down.

Reactions: Buzzer81

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another draw for us. Puts us 3 points above the relegation zone. I suppose a draw is better than loosing and as long as the teams below us don't pick up more than 1 point then we will be home and dry. Home to Luton on Friday night. Final 4 games = Luton, Sheff Weds, West Brom and Millwall. The nasty one will be Sheff Weds and possibly Millwall. Its going all the way to the wire I reckon.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Home to bottom place Luton kick off at 6pm We need 3 points off that which would put us 5 clear of Hull who take on Millwall tomorrow so with any luck Millwall will help us out.

Reactions: porl69

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
RIP Jack Charlton. So sad to see you go. Like so many other LUFC fans I won't ever forget you. :(

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sad to read of the passing of Jackie Charlton :( one of the beautiful game's great characters.

I wonder what he thought about that VAR:banghead:

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And we went and blew it last night. Lost 0-2 to Luton :( Now we are just 2 points above the drop zone with 3 games left. At the moment Hull are loosing so that saves our bacon a bit. Its going to go to wire now. We play Sheff Weds on Tuesday night which will be a nail biter.