2019/20 Football season

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The New normal begins today. Non essential shops re-opened. Wear masks on public transport. Football kicks off in 2 days time. Take care out there everyone and stay safe. Back to reporting on our performance on Saturday. Watch this space :)

Reactions: porl69 and Buzzer81

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Return of the Premiership tonight. Villa take on Sheff Utd. That should be another nail in Villa's coffin. And Man City take on the Gunners.

Buzzer81

Yes, 100 days have passed but finally some football. Let’s hope it goes well and season can be decided safely, on the pitch! I for one am very excited to watch it and particularly the league two playoffs tomorrow with my boys Colchester!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, 100 days have passed but finally some football. Let’s hope it goes well and season can be decided safely, on the pitch! I for one am very excited to watch it and particularly the league two playoffs tomorrow with my boys Colchester!

Good luck tomorrow night. Hope you win.

Reactions: Buzzer81

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Villa 0- Sheff Utd 0. Villa still not dead and buried.
City are beating the Gunners 2-0 so far.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Return of the Premiership tonight. Villa take on Sheff Utd. That should be another nail in Villa's coffin. And Man City take on the Gunners.

Can not wait to see Villa relegated. Hate Jack Grealish with a passion. ANYWAYS down to Cardiff on Sunday for the mid day kick off. No overnight stays??? How is that going to work? A good 4 1/2 hour drive for a mid day kick off, hmmmmmm. Plain ride I am guessing but that has its problems. I am guessing the EFL dont want Leeds to go up?

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can not wait to see Villa relegated. Hate Jack Grealish with a passion. ANYWAYS down to Cardiff on Sunday for the mid day kick off. No overnight stays??? How is that going to work? A good 4 1/2 hour drive for a mid day kick off, hmmmmmm. Plain ride I am guessing but that has its problems. I am guessing the EFL dont want Leeds to go up?

That's going to be interesting isn't it. You think your lot have problems take a look at our last fixture of the season.
Wednesday 22nd July
CHAMPIONSHIP

• Millwall00:00Huddersfield Town

Now how the hell is that gunna work a Midnight kick off in London? Me thinks there's a glitch there.

Reactions: porl69 and Buzzer81

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Some hotels are open, but I would imagine that the bigger clubs hire the whole hotel for the day! Most premiership clubs are flying to fixtures and they are hiring hotels for pre match meals and down time before games.
All these precautionary measures have been agreed with the government and local authorities, the FA, the EFL and every other Tom, **** and Harry!

This is one of the add on costs that leagues one and two can ill afford, unless they are on television!

Reactions: porl69

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And we lost 0-2 :( I sort of knew we would. That now puts us just 1 point above the relegation zone. Now we are really looking over our shoulders. Next stop Notts Forest away next Sunday (28th) And seeing as they are in the play off zone it could well spark disaster for us. Onwards and Upwards.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Oh my word.....Cardiff City are our bogey team. Leeds chance to go 10 points clear of Fulham and we blew it. GUTTED. To make matters worst we have got Fulham next game

Buzzer81

Our season could be over today... or onwards to an empty Wembley stadium!!! Even though you could easily socially distance our entire fan base into the lower bowl!!! Up the U’s

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Our season could be over today... or onwards to an empty Wembley stadium!!! Even though you could easily socially distance our entire fan base into the lower bowl!!! Up the U’s
Hope you get to Wembley, there should be allocated tickets for season ticket holders for the number of seats inside Wembley.
No longer makes sense to keep supporters away, as long as social distancing is used.
Maybe not for the premier but for league one and two!

Buzzer81

Ah man, so gutting to lose out like that. Thought we deserved more but in the end we missed chances and conceded poor goals. Shame and that’s the end of some good players contracts which will mean we’re a poorer side next term. Oh well, at least it was decided on the pitch! Good luck to the other teams still awaiting their fate. Let’s hope next season can start with fans in the grounds!!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Unlucky mate!

Your club will not be the only one who will suffer in the pre season with recruitment.
It could be that bad that some clubs may have to start with younger and youth players!

A wage cap will help but that will only mean that the better players will all be at the club's that will benefit them! The smaller clubs will suffer!

Buzzer81

It will be strange end of season.... don’t even know when the next season will begin and how it will look. The news out today fills me with optimism that crowds may return by sept/ October. But let’s not get carried away. In the meantime I am enjoying all the prem football and may even be able to raise a ice cold pint of beer on 4th July.... I think I’ll take the carb hit on that occasion, definitely deserve it after all this!!!!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Liverpool's 30-year wait for a top-flight title is over after Manchester City lost 2-1 at Chelsea to confirm the Reds as Premier League champions.

Well done Liverpool a well deserved title.