Approved MSc Research Project: Type 2 diabetes participants required for online questionnaire survey

Sam23136

Hi everybody,

I’m a final year MSc student at London South Bank University (LSBU) and currently gathering data for my research project via an online questionnaire survey (see the link below) . The study is aimed at type 2 diabetes and has been approved by LSBU ethics committee . The online questionnaire survey is anonymous and confidential .
The research project will contribute to the field of diabetes self management and factors to reduce diabetes distress.
Your participation will be highly appreciated . Please participate if you can.

To participate in this research project, please click on the link below. You will first be directed to the information sheet of the research project and following the arrow at the end of the page, you will be directed to subsequent pages of the online questionnaire survey until you completed it.

https://lsbupsychology.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_29QqZDXwLlXpvdX

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration in participating in this research project

Samshad

Edited by Mod, to add the Approved prefix to the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This needs to be approved first. Is it?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just curious if you've got approval for this, all research requests have to be approved, @DCUKMod can probably help in telling you how to do so.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Sam23136

I found the questionnaire interesting to complete, and hope that my contribution helps with your research.

There is however, one comment that I would like to make.

As someone who has, in the past, experienced some extremely dominating and life affecting cravings, I am well aware of their effect on my food choices and feelings of emotional distress and lack of control.

However, now that I have eliminated the cause of the food cravings, I no longer experience those things.
In short, the eating of carbohydrates caused knock on food cravings. The elimination of carbohydrate heavy foods also massively reduced/eliminated the food cravings.

Consequently, I could have completed your questionnaire twice, once as an out-of-control-carbohydrate-binger, and once as a low-carb-eater-largely-immune-to-carb-cravings.
I can switch from persona to persona by simply reintroducing carbs to my way of eating.

Needless to say, I am a much more positive, contented person while low carbing - and my blood glucose is stable too. So that is the persona I choose to live with.

Sam23136

Hi @Sam23136

I found the questionnaire interesting to complete, and hope that my contribution helps with your research.

There is however, one comment that I would like to make.

As someone who has, in the past, experienced some extremely dominating and life affecting cravings, I am well aware of their effect on my food choices and feelings of emotional distress and lack of control.

However, now that I have eliminated the cause of the food cravings, I no longer experience those things.
In short, the eating of carbohydrates caused knock on food cravings. The elimination of carbohydrate heavy foods also massively reduced/eliminated the food cravings.

Consequently, I could have completed your questionnaire twice, once as an out-of-control-carbohydrate-binger, and once as a low-carb-eater-largely-immune-to-carb-cravings.
I can switch from persona to persona by simply reintroducing carbs to my way of eating.

Needless to say, I am a much more positive, contented person while low carbing - and my blood glucose is stable too. So that is the persona I choose to live with.

Hi
Thank you very much for completing the online questionnaire . Your participation will support the research study .
Thanks for the comment and sharing your experience.

Reactions: Brunneria