1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Approved MSc Research Project: Type 2 diabetes participants required for online questionnaire survey

Discussion in 'Diabetes Research' started by Sam23136, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Sam23136

Sam23136 · Newbie

Hi everybody,

I’m a final year MSc student at London South Bank University (LSBU) and currently gathering data for my research project via an online questionnaire survey (see the link below) . The study is aimed at type 2 diabetes and has been approved by LSBU ethics committee . The online questionnaire survey is anonymous and confidential .
    The research project will contribute to the field of diabetes self management and factors to reduce diabetes distress.
    Your participation will be highly appreciated . Please participate if you can.

To participate in this research project, please click on the link below. You will first be directed to the information sheet of the research project and following the arrow at the end of the page, you will be directed to subsequent pages of the online questionnaire survey until you completed it.

https://lsbupsychology.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_29QqZDXwLlXpvdX

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration in participating in this research project

Samshad

Edited by Mod, to add the Approved prefix to the thread.

#1 Sam23136, Jul 6, 2020 at 2:17 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2020
  2. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

This needs to be approved first. Is it?

3. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just curious if you've got approval for this, all research requests have to be approved, @DCUKMod can probably help in telling you how to do so.

4. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

@Pipp and @Rokaab - This has been approved, as per the prefix, added by me a moment ago..

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sam23136

Sam23136 · Newbie

Many thanks
    Sam

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Sam23136

I found the questionnaire interesting to complete, and hope that my contribution helps with your research.

There is however, one comment that I would like to make.

As someone who has, in the past, experienced some extremely dominating and life affecting cravings, I am well aware of their effect on my food choices and feelings of emotional distress and lack of control.

However, now that I have eliminated the cause of the food cravings, I no longer experience those things.
    In short, the eating of carbohydrates caused knock on food cravings. The elimination of carbohydrate heavy foods also massively reduced/eliminated the food cravings.

Consequently, I could have completed your questionnaire twice, once as an out-of-control-carbohydrate-binger, and once as a low-carb-eater-largely-immune-to-carb-cravings.
    I can switch from persona to persona by simply reintroducing carbs to my way of eating.

Needless to say, I am a much more positive, contented person while low carbing - and my blood glucose is stable too. So that is the persona I choose to live with.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Sam23136

Sam23136 · Newbie

Hi
    Thank you very much for completing the online questionnaire . Your participation will support the research study .
    Thanks for the comment and sharing your experience.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Thank you. Always happy to participate in approved research.

9. Sam23136

Sam23136 · Newbie

Much appreciated

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook