Collecting prescriptions

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apologies if this has been covered in an earlier thread but I couldn’t find anything when I searched.

Is it considered to be safe for us to collect prescriptions from the pharmacy? I’ve been before I was diagnosed, wore a mask & socially distanced. But now wondering if I should be more careful in general.

My son does all the extra shopping that can’t be delivered but he’s only 17 so I’m assuming they won’t handover a box of needles.

What’s the general consensus on risk?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies if this has been covered in an earlier thread but I couldn’t find anything when I searched.

Is it considered to be safe for us to collect prescriptions from the pharmacy? I’ve been before I was diagnosed, wore a mask & socially distanced. But now wondering if I should be more careful in general.

My son does all the extra shopping that can’t be delivered but he’s only 17 so I’m assuming they won’t handover a box of needles.

What’s the general consensus on risk?

I consider myself perfectly safe to collect, but our pharmacy is delivering everything (super efficiently) to just about everyone it seems.

Have you been shielding, or are you very newly diagnosed?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @TashT1

I think risk is a personal decision based on weighing up the pros and cons, a pharmacy should be a clean hygienic place and as long as precautions are in place for both yourself and at the pharmacy then it shouldn’t pose a threat.

I personally have collected my own and haven’t felt afraid to, but the call really does lie with you and your perceived level of risk.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you been shielding, or are you very newly diagnosed?

Yeh I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago. My household has been very careful due to someone else being in the shielding group, essential trips out only.

But now that I think about it, the pharmacy is about as essential as the trips to hospital for diagnosis. So I should stop over thinking it.