How much basal are you using per day?

TypeZero.

Just interested because I want to predict by how much my Lantus might increase, I know everyone is different but still.

On 15 units at the moment whilst 61kg. My dietitian is saying I will need more insulin in the future but using the general reference it looks like I’m already getting enough. Total insulin dose = 0.5 units per kg of body weight and 50% of dose is basal

Reactions: Struma

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
11 (and yes I'm heavier than 61kg) - I'm on Tresiba now but was also on 11 when I was on Lantus before - and have certainly produced none of my own insulin for an awful long time

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just interested because I want to predict by how much my Lantus might increase, I know everyone is different but still.
You cant predict it is the simple answer I'm afraid, you will just have to wait it out til your honeymoon ends and as @In Response says it can vary day by day anyways

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
On pump and my basal is around 16 units. I am not on a low carb diet....in fact eating around 250g carbs daily on average

Reactions: Je21 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
80kg 14u Tresiba, moderate complex carb diet, on Lantus I used 22u, Humalog between 16u and 20u depending what I eat.

The Tresiba will drop to 13u when I get back in the gym and the pool...

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use 16 units levemir daily at the moment (split into 2 injections), gradually increased from 2 units a day. Low carbing since diagnosis 4 years ago since diagnosis maybe 10 years since T1 condition triggered.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’m on 24 units of Levimir and to be honest I dinny care how much i take as long as my blood sugars are ok. As we all know diabetes is totally individual to the individual, and tomorrow it could all change that’s what being diabetic is all about .

Last edited: