'Sweet Like Syryp' - would you trust this product?

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a faux maple syrup product, and said to be diabetic and keto friendly. Would you trust this because to me it looks too good to be true.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sweet-Like...dchild=1&keywords=keto&qid=1596047942&sr=8-40

Ingredients: Isomalto-oligosaccharide, natural flavor, sweetener (stevia extract), natural coloring.

81XIgGPZ4cL._AC_SS350_.jpg

41VRJ7UjkDL._AC_.jpg

From the website...
  • DELICIOUS KETO FRIENDLY SWEETENER SYRUP – Good Good Sweet Like Syrup tastes delicious and with the correct texture. With Low Calorie and carb advantage, you can add it into your Keto diet too! All our natural sweeteners carry the sweet taste with zero or very few calories.
  • NO SUGAR, JUST NATURAL SWEETENERS - Traditional syrup are 70-80% sugar however our Sweet Like Syrup contains all natural ingredient that delivers excellent taste and guilt-free eating.
  • MADE FOR KETO DIET, VEGAN CONSUMERS AND ALSO SUITABLE FOR DIABETICS- Now enjoy your Jams & Jellies without the worry of increasing the blood sugar levels in your body, satisfy your sweet cravings even for diabetic, vegan & diet conscious audience that looks for weight loss or fitness stability
  • ALTERNATIVE TO CHEMICALLY PROCESSED SUGAR PRODUCTS - We believe that life should be sweet but without any added sugar. Added refined sugar (glucose or fructose) is the one of the single worst ingredient in modern diet. TRY GOOD GOOD SWEET LIKE SYRUP for sweetened sugar free experience!
  • WHY GOOD GOOD BRAND - Good Good is a brand offering a range of healthy sugar-free and free from sugar products widely available across USA. For the sweet taste we use the highest quality natural sweeteners available containing zero or very little calories.

Newlysweet

Wikipedia says this about isomalto-oligodisaccharide: ‘Health claims for the various classes of oligosaccharides have been investigated by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) and found to be insufficiently substantiated. Therefore, health claims for oligosaccharides and prebiotics are prohibited in the European Union.[6]’ I find it so ironic that the blurb for a highly processed product is claiming it’s an alternative to chemically processed sugar products - yer what??

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Isomalto-oligosaccharide, natural flavor, sweetener (stevia extract), natural coloring.

I'd keep it for a treat. Probably a little laxative at best and it will just perpetuate your sweet tooth. Nothing very natural about that ingredient list either!

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Isomalto-oligosaccharide, natural flavor, sweetener (stevia extract), natural coloring.

I'd keep it for a treat. Probably a little laxative at best and it will just perpetuate your sweet tooth. Nothing very natural about that ingredient list either!

The sweet tooth thing passed through my thoughts too. But then again (here comes the 'excuse') perhaps a little of something I'm craving saves a blow-out.

My thought is to replace sweet chilli sauce with something low carb, a teaspoon of the chilli sauce goes a long waY in marinades and salad dressings. Loading the faux syrup with dried chilli flakes may do the trick?