2020/21 Football Season.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The 2020/21 Premier League and EFL seasons are poised to get underway on September 12.

Fans have been eagerly awaiting news of a fixture release date ever since the plan for the new campaign was confirmed.

The Covid-19 pandemic meant that last season was elongated, with the top flight finishing on July 26 and the EFL officially wrapping up after Fulham beat Brentford in the Championship play-off final on August 4.

The new season, however, will be much shorter with all the league and cup games crammed into a smaller window to ensure the season finishes by May to get the calendar back on track for the future.

Despite the league set to commence in a month there is still no word on the fixtures or even when they will be announced, but that is about to change.

Yorkshire Live understands that fixtures for all four divisions in England will be released on the same day - Friday, August 21.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not long to wait to see who we'll all be playing in the start of the new season.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Let's hope it's a better season than last mate!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Let's hope it's a better season than last mate!

One thing's for certain the first half the season will be behind closed doors. Lets hope the 2nd one could be with fans in the stadiums. We can but hope.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And our pre season warm up starts on 26th August against Fleetwood Town. KO 4pm. Then Rivals Bradford City will arrive on the same day for a 7pm kick off. Interesting playing 2 games on the same day. They will be the first games our new manager Carlos Corberan will see us in action. Hopefully he will prove his worth and lick us in to shape.
Next Friday we will learn what our new season fixture list looks like. :watching:

Reactions: Lamont D

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5th September our lads travel to Spotland to take on Rochdale in the first round of the EFL Cup. Wonder how we'll do there. 3 more days and the new fixtures will be out.
Oh and just look at that. We travel to Southport on 22nd August for our first warm up match. Our owner came from there so what a surprise.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We were first out the bag and play the newly promoted yorkie club Harrogate.
First time meeting.
Be interesting!

Had our first pre season match v Welsh side TNS.
We lost by a single goal!

Reactions: Johnboy412

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Leeds have an easy 1st game. Liverpool at Anfield :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: zand

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nice easy 3 points :D They will be lost without their famous atmosphere lol MOT

Hi @zand, no surprise there, I don't think I will be travelling around this season as I'm not too good. I have started a thread in the RH forum.
Best wishes.
Keep safe.

Reactions: Johnboy412

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm going for an away fixture, probably down south!
Well, that is our first away fixture has been down there for the past few seasons!

Reactions: zand

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Mansfield away first game.
They have spent a few bob this season.

Not long now, I might have to sign up for Ifollow, if I want to see games.

Next pre season game tomorrow.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Huddersfield Town's scheduled friendly away to Southport on Saturday afternoon has been cancelled after 'a small number of positive tests' were returned in the latest round of coronavirus testing.

A club statement said: "Huddersfield Town’s friendly against Southport has been postponed following the Club’s latest COVID-19 test results.

"The Club can confirm there have been a small number of positive tests for COVID-19 following the latest round of testing at Canalside. The individuals will not be named due to medical confidentiality.

Oh dear lets hope they all get well soon.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Norwich at Home is our first match of the new season.

I can see a lot of postponed games because of the pandemic.
Any team that has anyone with the virus, they will have to isolate.

I can also see teams using it as an excuse to cancel games, if they don't fancy it!