K-eto Life Bread

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been in bed the last 3 days. Awful stomach ache, bloated, wanted tone sick but couldn't.
Hubby had a flare up of IBS. The only thing we have in common are these rolls. And I have 20 in the freezer :(

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Total rip off at those prices.

I make my own. Very easy to do by hand. It's sort of like wholemeal brioche in texture and very good. Excellent sandwiches. 28g carbs per loaf.
What recipe do you use and have you also made rolls?

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been in bed the last 3 days. Awful stomach ache, bloated, wanted tone sick but couldn't.
Hubby had a flare up of IBS. The only thing we have in common are these rolls. And I have 20 in the freezer :(
Hope you are all feeling better now....funnily enough I find I'm a bit constipated since I started eating the bread....could be it the cause as you seem to have issues too?...sorry for the too much information part. I have ordered just 4 rolls to try them....hope they don't give me any problems....

Schmoukes

Not sure if anyone has tried this bread....available on Amazon...The Seriously Low Carb Loaf ...fast delivery and very tasty bread. 33 calories a slice and only 0.9g of carb in each. Very filling and has all but zero effect on blood sugar. Much nicer than Livlife bread and SERIOUSLY low carb

Just got my loaves and rolls!! Thanks for the tip! I made hot buttered toast for the first time since my diagnosis last Nov. HEAVEN!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have placed my order for rolls and bread - they should be delivered Wed/Thurs this week - already thinking what I can have on them - burgers are top of the list!

Reactions: Schmoukes

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have placed my order for rolls and bread - they should be delivered Wed/Thurs this week - already thinking what I can have on them - burgers are top of the list!
Crispy bacon and avocado for me....yummmmmm to heaven and back again :D

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Crispy bacon and avocado for me....yummmmmm to heaven and back again :D
Great idea - I wouldn't have thought of them together - and low carb also - do you just mash up the avocado with lemon juice and add it to the bacon?

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What recipe do you use and have you also made rolls?

I've always made my own bread (until diagnosis in March) and find the "dough" fairly easy to use to make any shape needed. The main difference is that you don't get a taut skin, but it holds itself together well during proving so that's not much of an issue.

The below gives a normal sized loaf, much like a wholemeal brioche, that contains 46g of carbs.

10g Psyllium Husk
70g Flaxseed Meal
190g Vital Wheat Gluten
10g Salt
1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum (optional)
8g Instant Yeast
15g Erythritol (optional, you could also add a spoonful of real sugar or honey instead if you want as the yeast will use it up anyway)
Mix those dried ingredients.

Add 250ml tepid water and one egg
30g softened Butter or olive oil

Knead for a good 10 mins. Use a machine, it's very hard to hand knead.

Shape with wet hands, or put in a greased tin.
Let rise in a warm place for up to 2 hours until doubled.

Bake c. 40 mins at 200 C

(above edited to simplify following lots of practice)

Last edited:

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If anyone is in the north west and want the contents of my freezer, PM me for details. :(

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've always made my own bread (until diagnosis in March) and find the "dough" fairly easy to use to make any shape needed. The main difference is that you don't get a taut skin, but it holds itself together well during proving so that's not much of an issue.

25g Psyllium Husk
70g Flaxseed Meal
190g Vital Wheat Gluten
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum

Mix those dried ingredients.

Dissolve:
8g Instant Yeast
1 tsp Honey

in 250ml tepid water

Add to mix along with
2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
30g softened Butter

Knead for a good 10 mins.

Shape, or put in a greased tin.
Let rise in a warm damp place for up to 2 hours until doubled.

Bake c. 40 mins.
Thanks for that - I will give it a try when I get some Xanthan Gum.

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for that - I will give it a try when I get some Xanthan Gum.

I'm starting to think you don't need it, as it's usually there to make up for the absence of gluten - hardly an issue with this bread!

I'm going to make some now, without, and will report back.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great idea - I wouldn't have thought of them together - and low carb also - do you just mash up the avocado with lemon juice and add it to the bacon?
I smash the avocado and spread it on the bread instead of butte...no lemon....is delicious....I also smash and spread avocado on to a slice of bread...bit of salt and pepper then fry it avocado side down in butter....is to dieee for,,,,Bacon and avocado are made for each other :)...avocado on its own sliced and fried in butter is yummy too

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
RATS!

Husband has just announced that he likes it much better than his own bread and I should order more. Fortunately, we had a small chest freezer delivered yesterday supposedly for the dog food.

I missed the cut off date for ocado so beef burgers will have to wait.
Mine is due for delivery tomorrow - was yours delivered on the day it was expected to arrive?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I smash the avocado and spread it on the bread instead of butte...no lemon....is delicious....I also smash and spread avocado on to a slice of bread...bit of salt and pepper then fry it avocado side down in butter....is to dieee for,,,,Bacon and avocado are made for each other :)...avocado on its own sliced and fried in butter is yummy too
Another great idea - frying avocado - never thought of this either. My order is due to be delivered tomorrow - did your order arrive when expected?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm starting to think you don't need it, as it's usually there to make up for the absence of gluten - hardly an issue with this bread!

I'm going to make some now, without, and will report back.
Looking forward to your report. I was surprised about the kneading. Normal bread requires kneading to extract the gluten from the flour but it is already extracted. The rolls I make are vital wheat gluten based and I don't really knead them at all.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another great idea - frying avocado - never thought of this either. My order is due to be delivered tomorrow - did your order arrive when expected?
I hated avocado until I fried it in butter...now I am an addict lol. My bread arrived exactly when they said it would....so now you have time to decide what you are going to have on your sandwich.....hot buttered toast....crispy bacon....endless possibilities ....:D

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
At a fiver a loaf to expensive . I actually really like livlife and at only 1.55 a loaf it’ll do for me. And only 3.8 grs of carbs a slice

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At a fiver a loaf to expensive . I actually really like livlife and at only 1.55 a loaf it’ll do for me. And only 3.8 grs of carbs a slice
Where do you buy livlife - I have tried many different shops and can't find it anywhere?