K-eto Life Bread

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fortunately I have no need to lay claim on the keto-life bread. :)
It has huge amounts of gluten in it, which would make me rather ill. So it is all his.
But if he’s going to inhale a loaf a day, he can fund his own habit. :hilarious:

Actually, I am delighted to have found a LC bread he enjoys. He was brought up on bread as a staple. He has been missing it profoundly. He has been doing well on low carb, but has no need to eat the way I do, so this keto-life stuff maybe great for him.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: DJC3 and Mrs T 123

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This isn’t the bread being discussed, but it is good - it’s the same as the Schneider Brot protein bread that Asda used to stock. Very expensive on Amazon (£4+ a loaf), but reasonably priced from these guys, with 5% off first order if you sign up to their emails: https://www.healthclick.co.uk/products/mestemacher-protein-bread-250g

Tagging @DJC3 and @ianpspurs as they may be interested
Thanks for the tag but all I ask is that no one ever associates me with the word keto again:angelic: I see the truly awful loDough was mentioned above as well. This is like my worst nightmare:arghh:

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This isn’t the bread being discussed, but it is good - it’s the same as the Schneider Brot protein bread that Asda used to stock. Very expensive on Amazon (£4+ a loaf), but reasonably priced from these guys, with 5% off first order if you sign up to their emails: https://www.healthclick.co.uk/products/mestemacher-protein-bread-250g

@Goonergal sounds like something I may be interested in - have you any idea how many carbs per slice or how many slices in a packet? many thanks:hungry:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks for the tag. I’m definitely interested. Still have a fair bit of the other bread in the freezer at the moment though so better hold off for a bit.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal sounds like something I may be interested in - have you any idea how many carbs per slice or how many slices in a packet? many thanks:hungry:
Nutritional Info value per 100g: 1100 kJ / 264 kcal, Protein: 22g, Carbohydrate: 7.5g, - of which sugar: 0.9g, Fat: 13.1g, - of which sat. 1.4g, Fibre 14.2g, Salt: 1.1g.
Seems like the Schneiderbrot - matches what I have on Chronometer for SB- so 250 gms overall, 5 slices @ 50 gms. I believe the officer in charge of provisions has ordered 4 packs. The fibre is a big plus for me. Basically just what I used to eat before joining this weird cult:angelic: If it is like the other one it freezes really well

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes, 5 slices per pack of 50g each with carbs 7.5g per 100g. It has a slightly ‘fruity’ taste. Lasts for ages.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly something @PenguinMum may find interesting. IMHO similar to the HiLo, moreso than the bread machine recipe - which contains egg(s). Eggs go on not in bread. Still, at least there was no cream cheese:bigtears:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You've never had brioche? Or Challah?
No - and very unlikely to now but I have obviously heard of them. You may not have heard of The Fens - things move very slowly here. Flour and eggs = cake or for covering politicians round here.:angelic:

Last edited:

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've ordered 12 rolls and 3 loaves today Saturday 19th from Amazon....I will let you know when they arrive....how long it takes
Update on delivery.....ordered on the 19th September and my order arrived this morning so it took 10 days. Now I know there is such a long delay I will order well in advance so I don't run out. The days of it taking just 3 days to arrive seem to be a thing of the past...probably because it is getting so popular and they are overwhelmed with orders.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update on delivery.....ordered on the 19th September and my order arrived this morning so it took 10 days. Now I know there is such a long delay I will order well in advance so I don't run out. The days of it taking just 3 days to arrive seem to be a thing of the past...probably because it is getting so popular and they are overwhelmed with orders.
10 days old bread doesn't sound very appetising.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10 days old bread doesn't sound very appetising.
It was 100% fresh....NOT in the post for 10 days. I got the email yesterday it had been posted and it arrived this morning. There is NEVER any issue with freshness. It was merely an update on how long it is taking them to dispatch orders for anyone ordering so they know to allow that time and don't run out

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was 100% fresh....NOT in the post for 10 days. I got the email yesterday it had been posted and it arrived this morning. There is NEVER any issue with freshness. It was merely an update on how long it is taking them to dispatch orders for anyone ordering so they know to allow that time and don't run out
I got an e-mail from them earlier so... hopefully mine will be delivered tomorrow - fingers crossed :hungry:

Reactions: Gezzabelle