K-eto Life Bread

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if anyone has tried this bread....available on Amazon...The Seriously Low Carb Loaf ...fast delivery and very tasty bread. 33 calories a slice and only 0.9g of carb in each. Very filling and has all but zero effect on blood sugar. Much nicer than Livlife bread and SERIOUSLY low carb

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if anyone has tried this bread....available on Amazon...The Seriously Low Carb Loaf ...fast delivery and very tasty bread. 33 calories a slice and only 0.9g of carb in each. Very filling and has all but zero effect on blood sugar. Much nicer than Livlife bread and SERIOUSLY low carb
At pretty much £5 a loaf it’s not cheap but the reviews seem to indicate it’s pretty good. But at that price I’d need to really be missing bread. Still, it’s good there are options

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's freezable so going to give it a try. Thanks for the heads up.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At pretty much £5 a loaf it’s not cheap but the reviews seem to indicate it’s pretty good. But at that price I’d need to really be missing bread. Still, it’s good there are options
As it is a 280g loaf rather than a normal 800g loaf it is very expensive. The main ingredient is wheat gluten so not suitable if you have an intolerance. If anyone is still interested they can buy 1 loaf direct from https://www.facebook.com/seriouslylowcarb/

Reactions: katie505

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is just what I have been looking for - what exactly is it called so I can get it from Amazon? - neither Morrisons or Tesco near me do Hilo or Livlife

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is just what I have been looking for - what exactly is it called so I can get it from Amazon? - neither Morrisons or Tesco near me do Hilo or Livlife
It's called The Seriously Low Carb Loaf. It is expensive but if you want bread in your diet it is well worth it. It's light but very filling. I use Livlife too and get that from Amazon as well but have to say I prefer this one more. It has to be kept in the fridge and freezes well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seriously-Low-Carb-Loaf-Multipack/dp/B08CNLRN76/ref=sr_1_5?crid=321IIJDM76X70&dchild=1&keywords=seriously+low+carb+bread&qid=1597746610&sprefix=seriously+low%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-5

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrs T 123

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ordered the bread and the rolls. Wil report baack.
I just saw the rolls.....have to say they are on my next order list....expensive yes but mmmm soo yummy and the thought of a nice big burger with bacon and cheese on one of those buns is too much to resist :D

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's called The Seriously Low Carb Loaf. It is expensive but if you want bread in your diet it is well worth it. It's light but very filling. I use Livlife too and get that from Amazon as well but have to say I prefer this one more. It has to be kept in the fridge and freezes well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seriously-Low-Carb-Loaf-Multipack/dp/B08CNLRN76/ref=sr_1_5?crid=321IIJDM76X70&dchild=1&keywords=seriously+low+carb+bread&qid=1597746610&sprefix=seriously+low%2Caps%2C153&sr=8-5
Many thanks - much appreciated - I really do miss bread - just what I have been looking for :)

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks - much appreciated - I really do miss bread - just what I have been looking for :)
Just checked my bloods.....ate 2 slices of it buttered with lean ham and a tiny bit of mayo.....5.7 to start.....6.3 after 1 hour.....5.8 after 2 hours.....that is the best result I have ever had from any bread....be it Livlife or the old Lidl high protein rolls so I am VERY happy with that :)

Reactions: DJC3 and Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just checked my bloods.....ate 2 slices of it buttered with lean ham and a tiny bit of mayo.....5.7 to start.....6.3 after 1 hour.....5.8 after 2 hours.....that is the best result I have ever had from any bread....be it Livlife or the old Lidl high protein rolls so I am VERY happy with that :)
Thanks so much for sharing - bread will be back on the menu again - I can't believe it - wooo hoo - happy days! :):hungry:

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much for sharing - bread will be back on the menu again - I can't believe it - wooo hoo - happy days! :):hungry:
Enjoy every mouthful lol.....it is worth every penny trust me....and it's bigger slices than Livlife or Hilo...just remember to keep it in the fridge....it freezes really well too...as you say...happy days indeed :D

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One in the fridge and two in the freezer. One piece of very acceptable toast. One cheese and hot lime pickle sandwich. Got the rolls on the way. Getting some beef burgers. Will try those at the weekend.

Yes I think they are a little pricey, I will probably save the bread for sandwiches.

My glucose levels are not very reliable at the moment due to steroid reduction, however, post cheese butty they are going down.

Reactions: DJC3

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I made a recipe for yeasted low carb bread which was very similar to this, and found the taste of the flax seeds very intrusive - sort of ‘fishy’. How does it seem in this bread, pls?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
RATS!

Husband has just announced that he likes it much better than his own bread and I should order more. Fortunately, we had a small chest freezer delivered yesterday supposedly for the dog food.

I missed the cut off date for ocado so beef burgers will have to wait.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I made a recipe for yeasted low carb bread which was very similar to this, and found the taste of the flax seeds very intrusive - sort of ‘fishy’. How does it seem in this bread, pls?
The only time I notice anything ''fishy'' is the smell when I toast it but there is no taste from it. It is delicious bread and very filling and have to say it has kicked my blood sugar to the wall....I have never had such low readings ...not only after eating it but overall. My fasting blood from overnight is now 5.0 where it used to be 6.4 to 6.8 and the only thing I have changed is to eat this bread.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One in the fridge and two in the freezer. One piece of very acceptable toast. One cheese and hot lime pickle sandwich. Got the rolls on the way. Getting some beef burgers. Will try those at the weekend.

Yes I think they are a little pricey, I will probably save the bread for sandwiches.

My glucose levels are not very reliable at the moment due to steroid reduction, however, post cheese butty they are going down.
One in the fridge...2 in the freezer and 6 more on the way lol.....an amazing find that is having amazing effects on my sugar levels....lower than I have ever achieved and without any effort at all. I live alone so eat a lot of sandwiches for meals ...the rise is all but nothing after an hour and after 2 hours its back to the start level which is considerably lower than it has ever been