What do centenarians around the world eat?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It's the amount of carbs that you eat, how frequently you eat them throughout the day, and if you mix them with fats. Factor in your genetics and sooner or later hyperinsulinemia wins out and hyperglycemia ensues.

Didn't apply to me or any of my family, which included my parents, my dad died at the age of 94, my 4 siblings, all aged over 60 and none of them have diabetes, either type 2 or type 1.
I am the only one.

Reactions: kev-w

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
If 6% of the UK population have diabetes that means 94%, presumably most of whom eat carbs, do not - a big majority as @lucylocket61 says.

They may be eating carbs, (I don't have a problem with that) but the statement I disagree with is regardless of how many they eat. I think defining the metabolic health of a populace is more then just a T2 diabetes stat. However, it's the world wide picture that paints a problem with surging rates of diabetes and obesity, poor metabolic health that creates imo more chronic conditions like vascular and organ problems. You don't have to become T2 diabetic to develop these conditions, but we're all free to disagree of course.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't apply to me or any of my family, which included my parents, my dad died at the age of 94, my 4 siblings, all aged over 60 and none of them have diabetes, either type 2 or type 1.
I am the only one.
None of my family including grandparents either....

Reactions: Robinredbreast