Pump Accessories

MarcoPUK

I am new new to pumps. My new pump is on order and posting here to see what accessories are recommended. Keen for any help and advice on waist bands, holsters etc. I'm a keen runner so would be great to know what you are using. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @MarcoPUK and welcome :)

I am also a keen runner, the only accessory I use is a pump belt so tuck my pump into that and then pull my shorts over it so it doesn’t bounce about, I like things firmly in place when I run ;)

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't had my pump long (started end of July), but I've got a pump pouch/belt as well, mainly so I can secure it whilst sleeping as I tend to toss and turn a lot and don't want it flying off the bed. I also got a silicon case for mine as well (from the pump manufacturer) for when I inevitably bash it on something, or accidentally send it plummeting to the floor.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I am new new to pumps. My new pump is on order and posting here to see what accessories are recommended. Keen for any help and advice on waist bands, holsters etc. I'm a keen runner so would be great to know what you are using. Thank you for your help!

A pump belt is a must for sleeping. I move a LOT when in bed so I have a Hid-in belt for bed. Possibly a silicon skin from your pump manufacturer would be a good idea as well

Reactions: Medusa41

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Thanks - which pump belt are you using?

I brought mine off eBay from Pouchforall - I think they have a website, I like it as my pump sits sideways and there’s a snap fastening on it to hold it in place, also it’s made of Lycra so lots of stretch.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Amazon do some good pump belts although you will get one with the pump. I hate velcro so prefer the security of a strap and zipped compartment as I am a PT but also ran a marathon with one in my sports bra! I tend to wear it all the time though you can easily sleep without it!
I keep a bag of spares in my day bag in case I need to do an insertion or tubing change but other than this I didn't buy anything else.
Best of luck with your new kit anyhow.

Reactions: MarcoPUK

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Belt clips are great if you wear belts or trousers with belt loops I suppose.
I have a belt clip on my pump (medtronic 640g) but I don't think I own any trousers with belt loops :D I use the clip on any and all waistbands (trousers, skirts, tights, undies, pjs) and on my bra.

Reactions: NicoleC1971