What are people thinking about a second lockdown?

Are you worried about a second lockdown?

• Yes

Votes: 34 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is all a shambles and unbelievable illogical.

Today, Liverpool (among other towns) is under stricter restrictions. It has the highest rate of infections in the country. All well and good. However, my borough has been under the exact same restrictions, no differences, for about 2 weeks. Yet at the time it was put under these restrictions about 2 weeks ago we had less than half as many infections per100,000 than Liverpool. I fail to understand.
I find it easier to cope if I do not expect logic to play any part in the decisions of Hancock et Al....However my mother, who often visits Nice, tells me that the French police are a good deal more forceful in their enforcement of the rules. I really hope it doesn't go that way here in spite of Boris's threats.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How can it be a lockdown when children are in school, mixing at the school gates, playing together outside school, living with siblings in different groups. There is no lockdown. Its just words to make it sound like the government is doing something, when they are not.

The pubs etc closing at 10pm means there is a crowd coming out at the same time. People are meeting up in small groups, then going to their respective homes and spreading the virus.

its a mess, and lipservice to save the money for having a proper lockdown again. Have the government calculated the cost of medical care for someone in ICU versus the cost of furlough payments?

Reactions: Jbicheno

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
someone in ICU versus the cost of furlough payments

I sincerely hope so!

Furlough is costing billions.. a prophylactic dose of HCQ/zinc/vitD would likely be very cheap and save many lives.

What a shame our "wonderful" NHS seems incapable of doing this and instead tells everyone to stay at home, take a painkiller until they need to be admitted to hospital on oxygen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jbicheno

stu60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I sincerely hope so!

Furlough is costing billions. a prophylactic dose of HCQ/zinc/vitD would likely be very cheap and save many lives.

What a shame out "wonderful" NHS seems incapable of doing this and instead tells everyone to stay at home, take a painkiller until they need to be admitted to hospital on oxygen.

There does seem to be an aversion to using anything cheap and off the shelf to mitigate the situation despite the many reports of its efficacy in the field elsewhere. Assuming all those doctors who say they have used it with success are not telling porkies, It would allow society to return to normal if it was just given to the vulnerable, and allow them to have a closer interaction with families etc. Keeping young grand children at 2x arms length is not easy especially as we start to head into the winter months. I would also say if given to those on diagnosis showing symptoms would be of benefit in minimising complications instead of waiting till people need hospital admission before treatment, it seems the wrong approach to me, especially as it can have major long term health effects. Personally I am taking Vit D and Zinc If I could get HCQ I would take that too, I have used it a number of times in the past with no ill effects. IMHO The lockdown seems to be doing more harm than good.

Tannith

BANNED
I sincerely hope so!

Furlough is costing billions.. a prophylactic dose of HCQ/zinc/vitD would likely be very cheap and save many lives.

What a shame our "wonderful" NHS seems incapable of doing this and instead tells everyone to stay at home, take a painkiller until they need to be admitted to hospital on oxygen.
HCQ No Longer Approved Even a Little for COVID-19 ...
www.medpagetoday.com › infectiousdisease › covid19

15 Jun 2020 - The FDA rescinded its emergency use authorization (EUA) of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to treat COVID-19 patients, citing concerns about ...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HCQ No Longer Approved Even a Little for COVID-19 ...
www.medpagetoday.com › infectiousdisease › covid19

15 Jun 2020 - The FDA rescinded its emergency use authorization (EUA) of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to treat COVID-19 patients, citing concerns about ...

Which likely caused more excess deaths in America

https://thenewamerican.com/death-toll-mounts-with-fda-denial-of-hcq-for-outpatient-covid-therapy/

Edit to add.. don't you find it a bit odd that with this "terrible, pandemic respiratory disease that will likely kill millions" NHS advice is to stay at home and take a paracetamol until the time you require oxygen.. ?

Last edited:

Tannith

BANNED
I sincerely hope so!

Trump took HCQ. It doesn't look as if it did him much good.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
a prophylactic dose of HCQ/zinc/vitD would likely be very cheap and save many lives.
Interesting since I thought you believed that few die OF covid and more die WITH it. To suggest these supplements would save many lives appears contradictory to the first belief. Apologies in advance if I have misunderstood your position.

I happen to agree though, it would be an excellent preventative/mitigation measure to take nationally and I take vit D, K, C and since myself.

Reactions: lucylocket61

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think a second lockdown is inevitable as we have no vaccine and test and trace isn't really working as people refuse to self isolate when positive. The selfish rats who are too young to suffer much from the disease themselves and the covid and mask deniers are all out there spreading it as fast as they can. They are "all right Jack" because they think that their healthy diets or whatever protect them from serious disease. They argue that deaths are down. Well they are so far, but that can't last once the stupid snowflakes have spread it to their parents, grandparents and the vulnerable. It's the callous covid deniers we shall have to thank when our grandparents and vulnerable relatives start dying and our parents & friends are crippled by long haul covid.
I agree with most of what you are saying but its not just the young that are disregarding the safety of others I know many in my age group and slightly younger that just ignore things and carry on.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a little concerned as I work in a secondary school and we have already had 2 confirmed Covid cases since we have been back on 7 September. Having said that, I don't think it is a good idea to lock down again as we will just be back to square one again. I think these latest measures are a good idea to get it back into people's heads that they need to distance, wash hands and wear a mask when required.
I agree and love the cat by the way :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting since I thought you believed that few die OF covid and more die WITH it. To suggest these supplements would save many lives appears contradictory to the first belief. Apologies in advance if I have misunderstood your position.

I happen to agree though, it would be an excellent preventative/mitigation measure to take nationally and I take vit D, K, C and since myself.

I've never said people don't die "of it" although I do think many more have died "with it" and that even many of those "with it" don't really "have it".

However I do find it strange that the UK treatment regime is so poor and that may explain why some of those who have died "of it" might still be alive today had they received better treatment.

It seems you would agree.

Reactions: HSSS

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trump took HCQ. It doesn't look as if it did him much good.

Well if he as an overweight, older man (one of the most at risk groups) can shake it off after 2 days then maybe.. just maybe it has done him some good?
I have no skin in that particular game but it will be interesting to see.
Although we are going a tad off topic.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Rather than another lockdown, maybe a review of shielding criteria, with special consideration and support instituted for those who are more likely to suffer badly, or die from Covid, would be better. It wouldn’t be foolproof, and support would depend upon measures that helped maintain mental health too.
It’s very hard to retain social contact for people who are vulnerable and ensure contacts don’t transmit the virus (no tea and crumpets with certain politicians) but this is where everyone would need to be prepared to adjust their behaviour.
I think, on reflection, this is as likely as a Moonshot.

Reactions: Jbicheno and HSSS