What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...what a busy busy week worked so much and now have a ton of paperwork admin to do...finished a job last night at 11:30 pm I've turned my phone off need some time to catch up on things...tried my best to catch up here but this thread moves like the wind will browse through it later...hoping to get my paperwork finished this weekend if I don't succumb to the sofa & Netflix then drive it down to the office in London...next doors garden landscaping estimated to last ten days is likely to take lord knows how long...they arrive at 10 am & finish at 3 pm not exactly a full day...exhausted yesterday watched the Trump/Biden debate again not sure it was worth the time invested...about to slump on the sofa yesterday afternoon met with some resistance...this
charlie lola small.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...what a busy busy week worked so much and now have a ton of paperwork admin to do...finished a job last night at 11:30 pm I've turned my phone off need some time to catch up on things...tried my best to catch up here but this thread moves like the wind will browse through it later...hoping to get my paperwork finished this weekend if I don't succumb to the sofa & Netflix then drive it down to the office in London...next doors garden landscaping estimated to last ten days is likely to take lord knows how long...they arrive at 10 am & finish at 3 pm not exactly a full day...exhausted yesterday watched the Trump/Biden debate again not sure it was worth the time invested...about to slump on the sofa yesterday afternoon met with some resistance...this
View attachment 44859
A very good use of the sofa...cats grow very long don't they?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very good use of the sofa...cats grow very long don't they?
They are shameless gennepher & huge now nothing like the two little scraps that arrived last December...busy with work just as I was about to sit down & relax they where straight on the sofa...how do they know?

Reactions: UserABC2021

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are shameless gennepher & huge now nothing like the two little scraps that arrived last December...busy with work just as I was about to sit down & relax they where straight on the sofa...how do they know?
They know the moment you think it ....:)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.50am FBG 6.1 knew it would be up, but then also knew I had probably eaten too many carbs. It's the campaign to Finish-up-everything-perishable to blame.

lindisfel

Expert
I had occasion to ring the doctor's up yesterday morning due soreness and discomfort from the bottom end of my food pipe.
They don't like one using the medical terms cos they think you have been using Dr Google! :)
Well they insisted on doing an ecg because of the pain on the mid line of my chest.
I think the problem is a left over from my stomach upset.
So they insisted I go to the surgery yesterday pm.
The ECG was fine, which I knew, and as I also expected, I came back with a PPI.
But it appears to have worked straight away.

I hope there was no virus about, but one can't keep away from people entirely.
It was nice to talk to friendly medical staff.
Some of these health care assistants are paid peanuts, the one I talked to when on the ECG machine is hoping to take a nursing qualification whilst still working.
Good luck to her.
D.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh you are awful, but I like you. Brunch
View attachment 44861
Hope you enjoyed it all and thanked Mrs AJ? Nice plain white plate which earned the winner:) The beauty of this thread is our differences don't turn nasty - other threads can't make that claim. Personally, I might eat an egg on top of mashed avo on toast (minus the pepper) but fair play to you for walking the LCHF walk as well as talking the talk. You're a top, top man.

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the continuation of the krebs cycle in the dark and dangerous north

@gennepher - massive hug for your two week staycation in the 11th C - another example of those in charge unable to manage change - no, let’s call it what it is - a cluster cluck. Again, they had all week to let people and businesses know what was coming.

I am in Quasimodo mode - woke to double cramp (buy one - get one free) and my lower back throwing a fit. Pain relief waving from my dresser but I’m not going there - will go for a walk once I have warmed up with some koffy. Have a blast of a day if you can - lots of distraction activities. I am thankful that I do not live 20 floors up in a cramped apartment.

View attachment 44858
Brilliant @dunelm
I love this rocky painting...
Gentle hugs for your cramps...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My local MP who I had started to think may be a half decent guy despite being an ex miner now turned Conservative politician has moved heaven and earth he tells us to have poppies adorning our street lamps on the high street voted in parliament against providing free school meals over the holidays for the children of families in difficulty in this time of crisis.

Does he not know what those people the poppies commemorate fought and died for it was to make this a better place to live in and not for their children or children's children to go hungry you don't honour their memory by putting poppies on the street while allowing their grand children or great grand children to suffer.

I had an email from him yesterday asking for feed back you can imagine my reply.

My fbg was 4.8 I seem to be bucking the trend I have been having of late.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am cross...
My neighbour and his wife, the not very nice objectionable man, has got his daughter and her partner and grandchildren over today. Plus an additional two cars with more members of their extended family over for lunch. The tantalising smells of a roast wafting over to mine alerted me, as did the incessant barking of their dog which has been chucked out due to their bungalow being overcrowded. The only have the same size bungalow as I have and it is difficult even for me and cat to social distance in a room.

My horrid neighbour didn’t think the rules of the last lockdown which went on for a few months applied to him and constantly flouted the rules on a weekly basis.

We are on first full day of the Welsh Firebreak, and yet again he doesn’t think the lockdown rules apply to him and his extended family.

I have just been in my garden and castrated two tall Budliah trees. Normally I have difficulty cutting more than one branch at a time. But I was more than angry. Until the rain drove me in, otherwise the whole garden would have been levelled...

Lying on the couch now...

lindisfel

Expert
You disappoint me, dunelm, I would have thought the Otto four stroke cycle would more on your mind?
:) ;)

Good morning everyone from the continuation of the krebs cycle in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of porcine undercarriage and red cabbage with leeks clocked in at 5.6 this am - I did enjoy the apple sauce.
@Muddy Cyclist - lots of drama, great colours, hope that you can rescue it. Brilliant transformation in weight bye the way, congratulations you can now go to Hameln.
@lindisfel - great view for dinner.
@geefull - thank you and also for your thoughts regarding my SIL. A fine and delicate watercolour from you, among the fields of barley. Yep, very versatile.
@jjraak - Uber - good call - do we have such things up here in the north?
@gennepher - massive hug for your two week staycation in the 11th C - another example of those in charge unable to manage change - no, let’s call it what it is - a cluster cluck. Again, they had all week to let people and businesses know what was coming.
@RFSMarch - all the best with your physio - keep on trucking.

Seems like the young are still being highlighted as the virus spreaders - https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/young-driving-covid-cases
MIL going to hospital this morning for a scan so Mrs Miggins will be tied up for the morning. I am in Quasimodo mode - woke to double cramp (buy one - get one free) and my lower back throwing a fit. Pain relief waving from my dresser but I’m not going there - will go for a walk once I have warmed up with some koffy. Have a blast of a day if you can - lots of distraction activities. I am thankful that I do not live 20 floors up in a cramped apartment.

View attachment 44858

lindisfel

Expert
My local MP who I had started to think may be a half decent guy despite being an ex miner now turned Conservative politician has moved heaven and earth he tells us to have poppies adorning our street lamps on the high street voted in parliament against providing free school meals over the holidays for the children of families in difficulty in this time of crisis.

Does he not know what those people the poppies commemorate fought and died for it was to make this a better place to live in and not for their children or children's children to go hungry you don't honour their memory by putting poppies on the street while allowing their grand children or great grand children to suffer.

I had an email from him yesterday asking for feed back you can imagine my reply.

My fbg was 4.8 I seem to be bucking the trend I have been having of late.

Marjorie's dad was a regular before the war and through it. He didn't talk about it much but told me once about Dunkirk where he fought in the rear guard. He was in the second to last boat off, but the Stukas got the one in front and behind. I think he never like Gerry.
When he came back and was demobbed, her dad was a farm worker and her mum only had just pence in her purse at the end of the week. They lived on rabbits which her dad shot. She eventually hated rabbit.
We have never eaten it.
I suppose it has always been the same, John.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Marjorie's dad was a regular before the war and through it. He didn't talk about it much but told me once about Dunkirk where he fought in the rear guard. He was in the second to last boat off, but the Stukas got the one in front and behind. I think he never like Gerry.
When he came back and was demobbed, her dad was a farm worker and her mum only had just pence in her purse at the end of the week. They lived on rabbits which her dad shot. She eventually hated rabbit.
We have never eaten it.
I suppose it has always been the same, John.
Inspiring and heartbreaking story in equal measure. My paternal grandfather was also at Dunkirk in the rearguard - never talked about it but we investigated his service record (other one was somehow in WW1). Here in the UK we have had a decade of non shooting Civil War inspired by oh so brave warriors invoking the Dunkirk/blitz spirit who would poo their pants at the first sign of real combat but would see children go hungry for ideological purity. As @JohnEGreen said Majories's dad, my grandfathers and countless others didn't fight for a country like this.

Last edited: