What are you doing now and humorous banter.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
@Cumberland hello how are you now, how’s the diet going?hows whisper, this diabetes is a blooming pain that’s for sure.My cataract op is in hand now....
No holidays this year.. we had booked for Morocco....no sign that this COVID is abating or in control
Have been made redundant boss not paying my redundancy pay though says he can’t afford to....going to acas to sort it
Say hello to the mr’s from us

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

Well wet and windy in the Midlands. I thnk I'll stay home until it is time to look after the wee ones.

Looks like my Turkey trip is off. Thanks to corona and the govt. This is the third planned trip we had for this year nad all have been cancelled. I'm going to ask hubby to get the money back and stick it in our bank rather than the tour operator and wait it out. Looking at this we might both be 60 before we get away :meh:.

Things here are OK. Had a trip into Birmingham to buy something for hubby's 50th birthday. I've wrapped it so he cant see it until Wednesday. He knows it' s a watch, but he doesnt know what brand etc.

Quiet day planned tomorrow, might watch some tv who knows. Looking forward to a lie in tomorrow morning.

Hope you're all well. Enjoy the weather folks

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

Beautiful sunny day here in the Midlands. Grandchildren due later on today. Little one had a major hyper the other day due to someone giving her toad in the hole and chocolate cake. I do keep cake her for both the girls but due to my diabetes all I have in the house are the Fibre One bars so a little bit to try with few carbs and little sugar.

Little one also in the wars as she sliced her palm open on a glass that shattered in her hand. Had to do the rush around to their house to administer first aid. All seems to be healing well. We have suggested that my daughter do a first aid course as there will be many occassions when the girls will need help.

Still doing lots of babysitting. Due there tomorrow evening and then Sunday.

Turkey was cancelled so hubby didnt listen and booked us for Madeira instead. Due to fly out 30th October. Who knows? Got currency yesterday so have to wait and see.

@Molly56 have you had the other eye done now? How you doing?
@Cumberland how's things up north?
@Clivethedrive how are things going with the redundancy? Any more lovely produce to show us?

Take care folks

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Morning all

Beautiful sunny day here in the Midlands. Grandchildren due later on today. Little one had a major hyper the other day due to someone giving her toad in the hole and chocolate cake. I do keep cake her for both the girls but due to my diabetes all I have in the house are the Fibre One bars so a little bit to try with few carbs and little sugar.

Little one also in the wars as she sliced her palm open on a glass that shattered in her hand. Had to do the rush around to their house to administer first aid. All seems to be healing well. We have suggested that my daughter do a first aid course as there will be many occassions when the girls will need help.

Still doing lots of babysitting. Due there tomorrow evening and then Sunday.

Turkey was cancelled so hubby didnt listen and booked us for Madeira instead. Due to fly out 30th October. Who knows? Got currency yesterday so have to wait and see.

@Molly56 have you had the other eye done now? How you doing?
@wolfie11969 ....had my second eye op on 17th September and have my post op check up booked for next Monday (19th) so should get all clear and any new glasses that I need then....will need some prescription ones for reading etc as just getting by with a cheap pair from Superdrug in the meantime.
The incident with the shattered glass reminds me of when my youngest son was at primary school and he grabbed hold of a cactus on the windowsill just as we were about to leave for school....had to send eldest son with neighbour whilst I spent next half hour pulling cactus spines out of his hand with tweezers....and move the offending plant out of reach.....hope your granddaughter has recovered from her ordeal.
Madeira is an interesting choice ....is somewhere I would love to go as it is supposed to have some spectacular gardens.....hope you have a great time.....am I correct that this is your first holiday abroad for a while
Keeping busy at home with garden and craft projects....currently knitting scarves to sell on a well known auction site for something to do....like to knit but not keen on knitwear for myself so seems a good plan
Hope everyone else is ok :)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had to do an interview with someone in the Pacific Islands at 8am this morning. Sweet guy but my LORD it was like pulling teeth.
Now having to transcribe the interview and... when you consider that it takes roughly double the time of the length of the interview to transcribe it... it is... slow going!

Example: Q: How do you feel coastal rowing will help smaller, developing nations like Vanuatu continue to be on rowing's map? A: [/looooooooong pause]... yeah. We enjoy. Waves. fun.
Me: Looks at 800 word article commission form, curls up in foetal ball and wails

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wolfie11969 ....had my second eye op on 17th September and have my post op check up booked for next Monday (19th) so should get all clear and any new glasses that I need then....will need some prescription ones for reading etc as just getting by with a cheap pair from Superdrug in the meantime.
The incident with the shattered glass reminds me of when my youngest son was at primary school and he grabbed hold of a cactus on the windowsill just as we were about to leave for school....had to send eldest son with neighbour whilst I spent next half hour pulling cactus spines out of his hand with tweezers....and move the offending plant out of reach.....hope your granddaughter has recovered from her ordeal.
Madeira is an interesting choice ....is somewhere I would love to go as it is supposed to have some spectacular gardens.....hope you have a great time.....am I correct that this is your first holiday abroad for a while
Keeping busy at home with garden and craft projects....currently knitting scarves to sell on a well known auction site for something to do....like to knit but not keen on knitwear for myself so seems a good plan
Hope everyone else is ok :)

Hiya

Yes granddaughter's hand healing now. It does take a while with the good old diabetes.

And yes first holiday abroad for hubby, i havent been abroad since the early 90's. A week to go and *fingers crossed* all seems to be the go ahead. Will have to have a covid test when we get there and isolate in our room until results are back. I dont mind that, it seems sensible to me.

Little one has been granted funding for a diabetic pump so takes a bit of pressure off. The diabetic team are hoping to get it all in place before Christmas which should make it a bit easier on my daughter and the wee one.

Other daughter's first wedding anniversary today so they are off to some Argentinian restaurant for a meal for 2. They are off next week and having some renovations done to their garden as they cant go anywhere. Son in law works at the local hopsital, he's an advanced nurse practitioner, and has been given the talk of not going too far, rule of 6 in the house etc. I'm sure there will be further talks if we move to tier 2 like most of our neighbouring towns and cities.

And yes I hope you make some money for your scarves. I cant wear wool/ acrylic etc as it makes me itch so I have a lovely cotton scarf a friend bought me a couple of years back. I wear fleece outerwear and I think I possess one knitted jumper which is my Christmas jumper. Lasts about half hour lol

Have a good week all, I'm sure I'll be back

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@wolfie11969 .....here is my latest creation as modelled by Sophie....
8D2AE105-589A-4B73-BE95-41A7E90E17DD.jpeg
....Sophie is the name I gave to the tailors dummy I recently purchased....she is very useful when it comes to photographing items I want to list on a well known auction site...they look so much better than hanging on a hanger/ laid on table.

Hope all goes well with the packing for holiday ...will be time to go before you know it :)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wolfie11969 .....here is my latest creation as modelled by Sophie....
View attachment 44835
....Sophie is the name I gave to the tailors dummy I recently purchased....she is very useful when it comes to photographing items I want to list on a well known auction site...they look so much better than hanging on a hanger/ laid on table.

Hope all goes well with the packing for holiday ...will be time to go before you know it :)

oh wow that scarf is beautiful. Lovely set of colours.

SilverK

I’m trying to wake up. Yes, I know it’s nearly noon but I don’t do mornings and having to juggle pills and needles hasn’t made me like them any more.
Had to get up “early” to take my Lantus. Been reading, curled up in a chair wrapped up in a cozy shawl, now I don’t want to move!
Things to do. I’m a silversmith, so stuff to make. Possibly a mistletoe inspired set for winter. More of the stud earrings that the shops keep running out of, some tiny angel pendants maybe? There are plenty of things I want to make just for the sake of it, - playing with my toys and trying new techniques, but I feel that I need to do the more commercial bits first.
Bit different this year, obviously, with all the shows cancelled. I don’t exhibit at the start of the year, mostly July onwards, with the biggest ones in the run up to Christmas obviously. This year everything stopped. Not a problem, luckily, as I have another job too, but the timing has been doubly spooky. Had a heart attack and now all this insulin stuff... all literally the day before my day job was due to dive back into the fray (I’m a peripatetic teacher and we were just due to head back out into schools having been on free school meal/emergency shielding pack deliveries and tech support since March!). Don’t know yet when I’ll be allowed to go back. Off til mid Nov definitely then my boss is talking “shielding” and “phased return”. I have orders and commissions to do and a website that needs sorting out, even a couple of virtual craft events that I’ve signed up for, but I’m dithering. Trying to keep stress levels down, yes, but basically dithering.
So, that’s what I’m doing now.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Just had my initial eye examination at spa Medica eye hospital...good news..cataract on right eye being operated on in two weeks time

Reactions: wolfie11969

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wolfie11969 how was your holiday

bl00min great ty. Did us good to get away

Madeira is beautiful. Hubby hired a car and drove so many days. We had a jeep safari by an island expert around the flora and fauna and some tourist sights.

Hotel was great. Food on arrival, food for tea with wine. They left 4 bottles of wine, 2 bottles of water, 6 bottles of beer and 6 cans of pepsi in our room when we first got there. Food was great.

Good weather apart from one day when it rained (there were mad people in their swimwear sunbathing in the rain!)

Oh and covid tests not pleasant. Madeira do a test when you get there and then isolate you in your hotel room til results come through. Results back in about 10 hours.

I'd recommend people go and see the island as its lush and sunny and warm.

Ty @Clivethedrive , hope you and @Molly56 are well

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hello everyone sorry not been active on here of late

Hope all are keeping reasonably well

If anyone is struggling in lockdown I’ll listen so please PM me.

Tek care

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Today is my last day of work as I have a lovely 10 day holiday!!! I can’t wait to chill and rest!

Then it’s nearly Christmas, I just wonder and hope if we will be able to visit family, the situation in the uk appears to be getting worse and I am not sure if they are going to end lockdown on 2nd December as they origianlly said.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Well I'm really at a loose end. Cant go shopping, cant go the library, cant go to seee the gp oh but I can walk the dog but not visit my family. I'm a bit fed up to be honest.

My diabetic granddaughter is in isolation as her teacher is covid positive. I think she is due to finish this time next week. We're doing door step drops for my daughter and the little one doesnt understand why nanna and grandad cant go and give hugs.

Eldest granddaughter still expected to go to school but I guess she needs some normality even though a few of the years in her school are off due to no teaching staff.

Little one gets her diabetic pump on 8th December so hoping that works for her. Her bloods are all over the place and we're not sure if she is coming down with a cold which has led to the upside down blood results.

Hubby that bored he has stripped the bathroom so now needs to finish the ceiling and then repaint. Me I guess I should start wrapping Christmas presents, if I can find some reasonable priced tags. Got no gumption although I've written the Christmas cards at long last. Only one to go

I wish you all a good week. I'm off to sort the laundry