Question: Is there a Study that identifies how long staying in the Sticky-Sixes produce issues?

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I’ve been successfully reducing my BG fasting morning number from 18 down to between 6<>7 . OK, I’ve called this range the Sticky-Sixes, is there a Study that can indicate just what might be happening to my body, good or bad, at remaining within these ranges?

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
No there isn't - for the obvious reason that a single test at a point in time says nothing about what your average BG levels are, or what your low to high range is.
If you want to observe better or to control better then you ned to either BG finger- prick before & after each meal, or to use a CGM.

WAGR57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve been successfully reducing my BG fasting morning number from 18 down to between 6<>7 . OK, I’ve called this range the Sticky-Sixes, is there a Study that can indicate just what might be happening to my body, good or bad, at remaining within these ranges?

The sixes is where I am as well, since going HFLC 11 months ago. Not sure if its because of my age plus the time I've been T2D. been 6.1% with A1C for the last six months, 9 month test to be done soon. Not sure if doing less carbs would help or not. Have you had a C-Peptide test to how the pancreas is doing? I live in Canada and I can't get a C-peptide through our health system, very frustrating.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Well we can all agree that you've done a fantastic job and that your 6/7 is a million times better than 18. I think generally that we are all so very different that a 6/7 for some people will not harm them at all and maybe for some others, it may cause them issues. I think it depends on overall health, DNA, lifestyle, the rest of one's metabolic/digestive system and sheer luck! Many people can hit those fasting numbers easily, diabetic or not so as others have said, it's the hb1ac that's also looked at plus a multitude of other factors, ie insulin production and so on. GOOD job btw. x

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To ALL, thank you and your applauding my achievements. ;)

OK, I’m taking time to read and reread all your responses. However, a big shout-out to @Oldvatr for providing a Link to those Graphs - stunningly straightforward!

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
No there isn't - for the obvious reason that a single test at a point in time says nothing about what your average BG levels are, or what your low to high range is.
I’d agree, except this is not a single point in time for me - I’ve been accruing my tests over a period of 12 months. I was doing 5 per day, now I’m down to 3: Pre Breakfast: Pre evening meal: 3 hours AFTER evening meal. So, I was wanting to know just what is appearing to me is this 6s Plateau.

Have you had a C-Peptide test to how the pancreas is doing?
Not that I’m aware? I’ve had COVID19 back in March and had a whole bunch of Tests, including an asked for an HBA1C too. I’ll look into it. I might add that this type of “follow-up” isn’t something I’m a little confused by by my GP surgery. Hmmm....

Well we can all agree that you've done a fantastic job
Well, thank you!

I think generally that we are all so very different that a 6/7 for some people will not harm them at all
OK, understood. I’m starting to consider just what my strategy for what objectives I’d need to be including in my regimen of dealing with this disease.

We are ALL different, so maybe hearing from as many people hereabouts to gauge just where I’m at. This is not an exact science, I get it.

Reactions: KK123