Covid Vaccine Priority

SamA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone know where Diabetics will feature in the priorities ? Is any type of D considered a health issue ?

Who is making representation on behalf of Ds in the policy definition ?

S

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Everything is still up in the air until further information is received. The interim list of priorities is age based.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...e-on-priority-groups-for-covid-19-vaccination

This interim ranking of priorities is a combination of clinical risk stratification and an age-based approach, which should optimise both targeting and deliverability. A provisional ranking of prioritisation for persons at-risk is set out below:

1. older adults’ resident in a care home and care home workers1
  2. all those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers1
  3. all those 75 years of age and over
  4. all those 70 years of age and over
  5. all those 65 years of age and over
  6. high-risk adults under 65 years of age
  7. moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
  8. all those 60 years of age and over
  9. all those 55 years of age and over
  10. all those 50 years of age and over
  11. rest of the population (priority to be determined)2
The prioritisation could change substantially if the first available vaccines were not considered suitable for, or effective in, older adults.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Everything is still up in the air until further information is received. The interim list of priorities is age based.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...e-on-priority-groups-for-covid-19-vaccination

This interim ranking of priorities is a combination of clinical risk stratification and an age-based approach, which should optimise both targeting and deliverability. A provisional ranking of prioritisation for persons at-risk is set out below:

1. older adults’ resident in a care home and care home workers1
  2. all those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers1
  3. all those 75 years of age and over
  4. all those 70 years of age and over
  5. all those 65 years of age and over
  6. high-risk adults under 65 years of age
  7. moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
  8. all those 60 years of age and over
  9. all those 55 years of age and over
  10. all those 50 years of age and over
  11. rest of the population (priority to be determined)2
The prioritisation could change substantially if the first available vaccines were not considered suitable for, or effective in, older adults.
I believe under 65 and with diabetes (not shielded) puts into level 7. From what I have read, if you were forcibly shielded (and under 65) then you are a 6

Most diabetics I don’t believe were classed as clinically vulnerable

Believe still open for debate as certain ethnic groups have been found to be at higher risk but haven’t been put higher in the chart

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If anyone wants my place in the queue you're welcome to it.
I'll be right at the back behind the bike sheds.

Reactions: Flora123

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And having had Covid19 I can think of nothing worse than being injected with more of the stuff. If having the virus didn't make me immune for long how the **** is a vaccine going to help?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And having had Covid19 I can think of nothing worse than being injected with more of the stuff. If having the virus didn't make me immune for long how the **** is a vaccine going to help?
You are assuming the vaccine contains the virus, which it doesn't.

Reactions: Redshank
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I just saw on the news, first in line 'the elderly' but no actual age was given.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is scary that people who refuse to be vaccinated could ruin the whole project for everyone (including the NHS). I don't think frontline workers should have to risk their lives to care for patients who have not done their best to protect themselves.

Reactions: Cloobie and SamA

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is scary that people who refuse to be vaccinated could ruin the whole project for everyone

How exactly?

If/when you've had your vaccine you'll (allegedly) be fine.

When I don't have mine then I'll be at risk which is exactly as it should be.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

But we don't actually know what is in the vaccine, meaning the virus it's self. It wont be available until stringent tests are done. it normally it takes 4 stages and up to 10 years for a vaccine to be used. For me, I would take it. Like most medicines, it may not be effective for all, with possible side affects too.
For me, two injections, 3 weeks apart is nothing compared to being in ICU so critically ill, it is something I wouldn't want anyone or their families to go through.
I wish you well :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It is scary that people who refuse to be vaccinated could ruin the whole project for everyone (including the NHS). I don't think frontline workers should have to risk their lives to care for patients who have not done their best to protect themselves.

People do have the right to decline a vaccine, it's their choice, personally, I feel it's a bad one

Reactions: Cloobie

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How exactly?

If/when you've had your vaccine you'll (allegedly) be fine.

When I don't have mine then I'll be at risk which is exactly as it should be.
Anyone catching Covid risks passing it on to others, especially if they need hospital care. The main point of vaccination is not to protect the individual vaccinated. That can never be done 100%. It is to lower the risks for the whole community. If, unvaccinated, you catch Covid, will you accept to isolate at home alone however ill you may become and die there alone if need be?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If, unvaccinated, you catch Covid, will you accept to isolate at home alone however ill you may become and die there if need be?
I'll certainly isolate if ill.
As to whether I should die at home.. I think I've paid quite enough into the NHS to receive treatment thanks.. just like all the drunk drivers, injured rugby players and everyone else who could be considered to be the agent of their own problem.
However with decent metabolic health why should I be any more susceptible?
I think you need to consider exactly what you are suggesting before going too far down the path you seem to be on.

Reactions: lovinglife