Regular moderate exercise log

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal stunning sunrise indeed! What a gift to be able to get up that early (or is your sunrise at a "not crack of dawn" time these days). There is an oxymoron for us....

Those pics taken about 6.30am. I’m out around 6 to get to the river by that time. Up a lot earlier - in the summer was out around 5 or before. I love it, but would sometimes prefer the gift of being able to sleep!

Reactions: zauberflote

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening. 6.8 miles in total today. 5.5 in an early morning jaunt and the rest during a lunchtime breather from work.

Caught a glimpse of this fella in the park this morning. At a distance, so pic is a bit grainy, but one of the highlights of the day.

Attachments

• 8D7A1073-55FD-4F87-9EBF-BFB59AAA98F2.jpeg
    8D7A1073-55FD-4F87-9EBF-BFB59AAA98F2.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 210

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My exercise today was a gorgeous walk around the Lost Gardens of Heligan, I should have taken some photos. Just short of 5 miles but health app says 23 floors climbed - there were some very steep hills.
What a fabulous sight @Goonergal I don’t think I’d want to be any closer to those antlers.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Posing already as I’ll probably forget later.
I’ve just done the live Joe Wicks Children in Need Hiit class. I can’t believe he’s been exercising for 24hr I struggled with the 20 mins!
I also have another slot for Heligan at 11:30 so will take Dennis for a nice hilly woodland walk then.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Our James River is in magnificent dangerous flood today, which means I'll only get a pic of it if it floods the wetlands we live near as it did in 1985, as all area streets will be closed off and/or underwater. A whole park was under 6+ feet of water in 85. I could see water from the bottom of my (then) street, and the actual banks of the river were a quarter mile into the wetlands! It stank down there for a long time lol Where is a video drone when I need it!?

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Our James River is in magnificent dangerous flood today, which means I'll only get a pic of it if it floods the wetlands we live near as it did in 1985, as all area streets will be closed off and/or underwater. A whole park was under 6+ feet of water in 85. I could see water from the bottom of my (then) street, and the actual banks of the river were a quarter mile into the wetlands! It stank down there for a long time lol Where is a video drone when I need it!?
edit to add pic

IMG_1605303163.753897.jpg

Whaddya know-- I didn't think I'd be able to get this close! It's been much higher but this is beautiful anyway. And... there was a rescue effort going on around there. Some clown thinking they're bigger than the river....

Reactions: MrsA2 and Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s gone very quiet in here.

Didn’t post over the weekend. Saturday was a total washout, didn’t leave the flat. Sunday was up and out as soon as the sun popped out - completed 6.62 miles at a very sedate pace while taking pics in Greenwich Park. Got soaked on the way home, but that’s all part of the fun.

Today I managed 8.3 miles before work - at pace and very enjoyable. Christmas Tree is up near the Cutty Sark and decorations up at Canary Wharf, which was eerily deserted for 7am on a Monday morning.

Attachments

• 54C386EC-075C-4074-B91A-12160E538688.jpeg
    54C386EC-075C-4074-B91A-12160E538688.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 212
  • C6C104A7-A1B1-4372-B0ED-0941A2727D6F.jpeg
    C6C104A7-A1B1-4372-B0ED-0941A2727D6F.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 196
  • F809A2E5-3D67-4973-A80C-B5C68DB80273.jpeg
    F809A2E5-3D67-4973-A80C-B5C68DB80273.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 4A9A0142-1208-4FEE-BF67-F252C50D6941.jpeg
    4A9A0142-1208-4FEE-BF67-F252C50D6941.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 210

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great pictures. Reminds me there still a world out there.
The view from my bedroom window is rather limited but as I did a zoom exercise class today I did notice more of the trees are losing their leaves so even the colour is going

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t leave the flat yesterday but have clocked up almost 10 miles today. Very short mid-morning jaunt of 2.something miles after an early start to work.

Then after work a longer 7.3 mile walk. It wasn’t meant to rain, but did. Luckily not until I was about 15 mins from home. Got soaked but the shower awaited!

Attachments

• 9E015AC3-98F5-42D4-8CBC-D06E911F76C2.jpeg
    9E015AC3-98F5-42D4-8CBC-D06E911F76C2.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 2E464F96-784A-4997-A648-33B38B2AA796.jpeg
    2E464F96-784A-4997-A648-33B38B2AA796.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 202

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal I love your photos, didn’t realise how much I miss the bright lights.
Not done much walking the last couple of days as the weather has been so horrible - just enough for Dennis. He hates the rain so apart from toilet breaks we tend to play indoors. My PT session was cancelled this morning due to the weather, but luckily it had cleared up this aft for dog agility class
I’ve done a couple of Hiit workouts. 25 seconds work, 25 secs break 5 exercises and 5 rounds of each. Gradually getting better.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Congrats to everybody! I did a barre class Monday, had a recording gig Tuesday that taught me more about both audio and video recording than I'd ever known! So Tue my exercise was standing up stock still pretending to play along with our previous audio work, and, remaining in place waiting for cameras to shift around. Not much. I cancelled my barre class today for lack of proper sleep

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back in the routine of online classes. Did also get our for a walk today as its too easy just to be indoors. Very wet underfoot though and quite muddy even up on the chalk hills. I almost envy @Goonergal her city pavements

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Back in the routine of online classes. Did also get our for a walk today as its too easy just to be indoors. Very wet underfoot though and quite muddy even up on the chalk hills. I almost envy @Goonergal her city pavements

I'd think chalk would make worse mud than red clay (what I'm used to)!! Or does the soil drain well?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 every time I think I’ve convinced myself that I could live outside London, one wander along the river and I’m convinced I couldn’t! The HIIT sounds very energetic.
@MrsA2 I spend as much time as possible ‘off road’ - you’d be surprised how easy it is to wander on grass, trail type paths and full-on mud in and around London, even relatively close to the centre. I’ve bought a number of pairs of Goretex trail running shoes for the purpose. And then there’s the bed of the Thames itself when the tide is lit - love wandering along the mud/clay/sand/stones. Makes for great pictures too! One reason my walks have become so long is because I join up places using parks, waterways and paths. Discovered so many little gems during the first lockdown.

Off for a morning jaunt shortly. Just pondering on the route.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Goonergal I just put "walk Thames at low tide" on my bucket list! Our James is tidal to where I live, but I live upstream of "the Falls of the James" so I don't ever see the tide.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@MrsA2 what a gorgeous view! We are about there with the maples- all leaves off. Our types of oak trees tend to hold their leaves all brown and tan on the tree until January when I guess the new growth pushes them off.
No exercise today. Tomorrow I have to get up at 0600 to go babysit. I want to sleep well!

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely view @MrsA2
@zauberflote thats canals and the Thames when you visit!

Nothing for me yesterday either. Planned an evening walk but was exhausted - fell asleep on the sofa before 7.

Off out shortly for a pre-work walk.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No ‘proper’ exercise yesterday but I did plant a load of tulip bulbs which felt like the equivalent of a thousand squats afterwards.
I have been trying to do squats for the length of time it takes me to clean my teeth each time
That’s a lovely autumnal scene @MrsA2 I can almost smell the crisp fresh air.