Curalin an answer yes or no

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm just wondering if apart from weight loss, lifestyle and low carb eating whether anybody has any suggestions of supplements, medicines and so on which have a huge beneficial effect on blood sugars. One product I have read big things about is Curalin. Does anybody have any thoughts or experiences on this supplement or any other types of supplement. Another thought is Ayurvedic medicine, has anybody had any successs with various herbs etc.

Thanks for any feedback

mallins

I'm just wondering if apart from weight loss, lifestyle and low carb eating whether anybody has any suggestions of supplements, medicines and so on which have a huge beneficial effect on blood sugars. One product I have read big things about is Curalin. Does anybody have any thoughts or experiences on this supplement or any other types of supplement. Another thought is Ayurvedic medicine, has anybody had any successs with various herbs etc.

Thanks for any feedback
Hi Just to let you know I've been taking Curalin for 2 years now and it works for me. My blood sugars are now in the normal range even though I'm not perfect with my carb intake and diet. It is quite expensive at £59 for one bottle but it does work and I have had no side affects.

Reactions: Speedbird

Hba1c5.8

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
i was reading the posts here regarding curalin, but just not sure who is telling the truth, for those who says its just a waste of money but not have tried it, then how would you know. And for those people who have tried it, how can we tell that you do not work for curalin? So what I did today, i just bought 1 bottle to try it for $75. since people saying that within a few days they already getting good results. Just to clarify, I joined this forum 2015, currently I am on a LCHF diet, and not taking anti diabetic tablets, my last hba1c was 6.4 3 months ago. I will try this 180 capsules in a bottle for the first week as 3 x day, and see if there will be any change at all. if nothing i will continue the 3 x day until i get good results. And once the 180 cap is finished I will have a blood test , so keep following this post.

Hba1c5.8

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have received the capsules, and have started taking it. I started 22 SEPT, 2 CAPS a day breakfast and Dinner. on the 15 sept, I took metformin 500mg as well in the morning , So far I am already getting good results, but It's too early to confirmed this as I am also in a LCHF diet (but not strickly low carb), I will keep you updated, next time I will do an excel file to show the readings properly.

Hba1c5.8

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Just to let you know I've been taking Curalin for 2 years now and it works for me. My blood sugars are now in the normal range even though I'm not perfect with my carb intake and diet. It is quite expensive at £59 for one bottle but it does work and I have had no side affects.
how many do you take a day

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to see a plausible explanation of how it works. Without that, even if it is effective it might work in a way that is undesirable.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
According to the Express paper
"The CuraLin supplement contains 10 Ayurvedic herbs: swertia chirata, turmeric, fenugreek, gymnema sylvestre, bitter melon, picrorhiza kurroa, syzygium cumini, tinospora cordifolia, melia azadirachta and amla."

Note: this list is commonly also found in many Indian curries and the supplement originated in India, which happens to have one of the highest concentrations of T2D.

I have also seen a report that it also contains St John's Wort which has a warning against it for triggering mental issues such as depression.

As has been pointed out by others, if this was actually producing significant effects, then Big Pharma would be synthesizing it to mass produce a pill for all. After all, there is no copyright on a shopping list, but in a synthesized product = ££££'s None of the ingredients listed has made it into an OTC pill. I doubt even Herbalife or Vitalife would touch it. Seems to be MLM operators only hence the inflated price.

PS I have used some of these as supplements myself, and with a small amount of success, but now I use diet instead. Its cheaper that way.

Last edited:

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oldvatr
“Note: this list is commonly also found in many Indian curries and the supplement originated in India, which happens to have one of the highest concentrations of T2D.“

To clarify, they may also eat a lot of rice and nan bread

Reactions: Hba1c5.8

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oldvatr
“Note: this list is commonly also found in many Indian curries and the supplement originated in India, which happens to have one of the highest concentrations of T2D.“

To clarify, they may also eat a lot of rice and nan bread
To clarify, it means that the ingredients are generally considered 'safe' in a large population. There is no evidence that either rice or naan bread causes T2D either. The second point is that if these are in common foods used by a large population then are they that effective?

Last point - T2D is a recent 'pandemic' in modern times, but rice and naan bread were being popular long before the recent rise in cases. Same with the Chinese and Filipinos who also suffer recent increasing diabetes rates on rice based diets similar to what their ancestors ate without 'harm'.

Reactions: Sad21+

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Rice and nan are considered high carb. That’s what I was pointing out. Best to make things clear.
Just to add that there are numerous factors that could contribute To type2, Lifestyle being one of them. I hope that’s clear.

Reactions: Sad21+

mallins

Hi

All I can tell you is that I have been taking Curalin for ages and I am still in the non diabetic range even though my carb intake isn't very good. I also still take 1 metformin but I have found that the Curalin seems to get my sugar levels down much quicker when I've had a high carb meal. I am planning to have a go at the 8 week blood sugar diet but who knows my willpower isn't very good. It would be great to get off everything but Curalin is working very well for me at the moment. Just to let you know before I started taking Curalin the doctor wanted to increase my metformin.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rice and nan are considered high carb. That’s what I was pointing out. Best to make things clear.
Just to add that there are numerous factors that could contribute To type2, Lifestyle being one of them. I hope that’s clear.
In my first post I was making the point that there have been extensive human 'trials' on that large continent, and they have been using Ayuvedic medicine for many years, but there is as yet no proof scientific that the treatment works even on individual components in the list. So again, if it was really the answer to a maidens prayer, then it would be accepted by mainstream health institutes and pharma by now. Metformin has a pitiful effect on blood sugars, but that was a healing herb (French Lily) that made it out from the test tube. Aspirin was another old wives cure that also did, as did digitalis (foxglove) But not so for those ingredients in the Curalin list. Their evidence is so far mostly anecdotal and mixed results.

For example, I used Bitter Melon for over 3 months and thought I was getting good results. Then I stopped taking it, and I saw absolutely no change in bgl levels. I cut back on Metformin on another occasion, and within a week I saw my daily average rise by the appropriate amount (about 1 mmol/l), and it dropped low again when I restored the Metformin. That is the difference between a supplement and a medicine IMO.

Hba1c5.8

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
According to the Express paper
"The CuraLin supplement contains 10 Ayurvedic herbs: swertia chirata, turmeric, fenugreek, gymnema sylvestre, bitter melon, picrorhiza kurroa, syzygium cumini, tinospora cordifolia, melia azadirachta and amla."

Note: this list is commonly also found in many Indian curries and the supplement originated in India, which happens to have one of the highest concentrations of T2D.

I have also seen a report that it also contains St John's Wort which has a warning against it for triggering mental issues such as depression.

As has been pointed out by others, if this was actually producing significant effects, then Big Pharma would be synthesizing it to mass produce a pill for all. After all, there is no copyright on a shopping list, but in a synthesized product = ££££'s None of the ingredients listed has made it into an OTC pill. I doubt even Herbalife or Vitalife would touch it. Seems to be MLM operators only hence the inflated price.

PS I have used some of these as supplements myself, and with a small amount of success, but now I use diet instead. Its cheaper that way.
But have you tried the actual product? Or only a similar supplement not curalin?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But have you tried the actual product? Or only a similar supplement not curalin?
Bitter Melon capsules. Also done the same with Gymnema Sylvestre capsules on another occasion. Both seemed to be of benefit, but neither really gave any reaction when I stopped, so inconclusive.

Hba1c5.8

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
just to report back my trial of curalin. I have another blood test. Hba1c is 6.3 compared from last blood test 6 months ago which is 6.6. and i only been taking it for 2 months without metformin before the test. so for now i can confirmed that it is not a placebo. i am also on a low carb diet but not strictly and i also combined it with low GI foods. I am only taking 1 capsule after lunch and 2 capsule after dinner. before i started on curalin my reading before breakfast was averaging 7.3 and that is with a daily metformin 500mg. now it is averaging 6 mmol/L

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yo
just to report back my trial of curalin. I have another blood test. Hba1c is 6.3 compared from last blood test 6 months ago which is 6.6. and i only been taking it for 2 months without metformin before the test. so for now i can confirmed that it is not a placebo. i am also on a low carb diet but not strictly and i also combined it with low GI foods. I am only taking 1 capsule after lunch and 2 capsule after dinner. before i started on curalin my reading before breakfast was averaging 7.3 and that is with a daily metformin 500mg. now it is averaging 6 mmol/L
You seem to have made too many changes during the test period, so can not really claim that it is due to the Curalin. You have altered your Metformin meds and recently changed diet. My experience of LC diet shows that continued use can lead to reducing the effect of liver dump and that could be responsible for the drop in bgl alone. May I suggest you wait till bgl results are stable and diet is settled, then stop the Curalin and see if bgl rises in the following weeks?

I did this when I took to using Bitter Melon supplement (incidentally a constituent part of Curalin, I believe) and when I stopped I saw no change in my sugar levels. I did the same with Metformin and immediately saw a 1.5 mmol/l rise. I made an adjustment to my breakfast routine and recovered for that particular loss which is still in place today.

Last edited:

Hba1c5.8

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
forgot to mention that i started my low carb diet approximately 8 months ago.