What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is beyond belief that she is still in situ. I could not believe it when i heard that Boris is supporting her.
Well he supported Cummings and his infamous trip so I suppose this is just another example of how out of touch with " the people" he is ...and this is how some folk liken him to Trump ( though he isn't in that league ).

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 for me today. I need to wrestle back these numbers.

The last of the leaves are hanging on by the skin of their teeth in today's wind, would like to get out walking but it's the final bash at MILs bungalow as contracts are finally being signed on 4 Dec which will arrive annoyingly faster than it should, time can be so fickle.

Make the very best of your time today. Keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. The first scan of the Libre everite was 4.2 - yeh, whtevs. My contributions to scam calls: I often begin by asking the caller what colour their shirt is and have they ironed it then proceed to ask about their family and last night's tv. Once a caller wanted Julie and I told them she had been eaten by a crocodile. They continued to ask if they could talk to her. I also tell them I am the burglar, please don't tell the police. Now, to do the turkey trot or not? I've had my goose this year already and we have ordered beef but I do like a properly reared, hung (no comments please as hen birds are best) heritage breed bird. We tend to offer a choice of meats of late. I think that covers the topics of the day. @gennepher I gave a winner for your line drawing post but deliberated over a hug. Whilst not the same, something precious is lost forever once age/illness deprives one of a talent which was once so easy and natural. I miss the ease with which I could hit a cricket ball a long way without apparent effort. Take care all.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More ink splatter.
Splatter all fell onto the paper in exactly the right place. I do like the brush stroke you have laid down to form the trunk/stem it adds texture and movement.

Google Reviews.. Of course they are real as is it's big eye in the sky watching us all. I wear Aluminium Foil under my hats and keep my phone in a lead case, you can't be too careful. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
but I do like a properly reared, hung (no comments please as hen birds are best)
My farmer friend as always done Christmas Turkeys, barn raised. After the mass slaughter, He used to hang them for almost two weeks in the barns loft space, they were always so tasty, beautiful to cook with minimum fat or liquid left in pan and as far as I know no one was ever ill from eating them. Now Food Standards have insisted he hires a cooler each Christmas to hang them in and the time hanging needs to be shorter and guess what the Turkey is nowhere near as tasty.

We have stopped having them as they are now no better than shop Turkeys in our opinion and that of others who knew how the barn hung ones tasted.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A 5.6 this morning. Funny how, for me, a crumpet soothes the soul and calms an outraged liver. My weirdness knows no bounds :)

just wondering. Why Wales? Have obviously missed something.

I used to live in Wales and not only have a love for the place but expected to end my days there. Obviously, I can't do that unless I move there first ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Splatter all fell onto the paper in exactly the right place. I do like the brush stroke you have laid down to form the trunk/stem it adds texture and movement.

Google Reviews.. Of course they are real as is it's big eye in the sky watching us all. I wear Aluminium Foil under my hats and keep my phone in a lead case, you can't be too careful. :)
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - thought of the open Zen circle (mu - or nothing) after something seen on the interweb and then added more wind.
Aluminium Foil hats are a great gift idea for all the ones you love and cherish.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My farmer friend as always done Christmas Turkeys, barn raised. After the mass slaughter, He used to hang them for almost two weeks in the barns loft space, they were always so tasty, beautiful to cook with minimum fat or liquid left in pan and as far as I know no one was ever ill from eating them. Now Food Standards have insisted he hires a cooler each Christmas to hang them in and the time hanging needs to be shorter and guess what the Turkey is nowhere near as tasty.

We have stopped having them as they are now no better than shop Turkeys in our opinion and that of others who knew how the barn hung ones tasted.

I still remember when my grandma reared a couple of pigs each year. I think one must have been the previous year's pig, and one was the current year's pig. The pig was killed by the butcher, and it was hung in the cellar of the farm. The cellar was damp, dripping walls, had ferns growing in it. And the h@nging pig was covered in green stuff...mould/penicillin? I am talking 1950's and 60's.

And this was our delicious bacon every morning....I was never ill from eating this. There were no fridges in those days, so a lot of stuff was kept in those cellars...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, always milk these calls for maximum entertainment.
I don’t own a car but still get calls about that accident that wasn’t my fault - mostly I tell them that they need to speak to my carer or my emotional support giraffe but on one occasion I did spin a yarn about a long car journey, late at night on a wet and windy road which ended when we left the road, rolling down into a ravine - when the caller asked what had happened - I told her that we all died - she instigated the call.
That is funny. It is sad though that people are still getting caught by these scams. There doesn't seem to be any way that these people can be stopped trying to scan people.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is funny. It is sad though that people are still getting caught by these scams. There doesn't seem to be any way that these people can be stopped trying to scan people.
Handing to phone over to a couple of very chatty 3 year old twins seems to do the trick.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I still remember when my grandma reared a couple of pigs each year. I think one must have been the previous year's pig, and one was the current year's pig. The pig was killed by the butcher, and it was hung in the cellar of the farm. The cellar was damp, dripping walls, had ferns growing in it. And the h@nging pig was covered in green stuff...mould/penicillin? I am talking 1950's and 60's.

And this was our delicious bacon every morning....I was never ill from eating this. There were no fridges in those days, so a lot of stuff was kept in those cellars...
My son still does with his ex (mom of our granddaughters) who owns a farm, lambs and chickens also. Grandaughters are involved in rearing them all, giving them all names and mucking them out. Grandaughters help load them into the trailers to take to the butchers and enjoy eating them a healthy understanding.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Handing to phone over to a couple of very chatty 3 year old twins seems to do the trick.
I have a certain sympathy for some of the callers. They are clearly monitored by their supervisors and required to stick to a standard script with sanctions if they fail to do so. Naturally, I blame Thatcher.:angelic: