High blood pressure

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My blood pressure is now 170/90. It's risen quite a bit since last year.

I see my diabetes nurse next week for my annual check and am likely to be offered blood pressure meds.

Any ideas on how to lower my figure without meds, or thoughts about the meds please?

It's not white coat syndrome btw. I had several tests over several days.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. There are many reasons for high BP including your genes. Where is your BMI currently. I believe losing excess weight can help with BP?

Reactions: ert

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gentle exercise can help. I am currently taking one BP tablet daily.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. There are many reasons for high BP including your genes. Where is your BMI currently. I believe losing excess weight can help with BP?
I haven't gained weight for 8 years. I cannot lose weight.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Any ideas on how to lower my figure without meds, or thoughts about the meds please?
No ideas on lowering without meds. I had high bp when they diagnosed me with diabetes and prescribed me a tablet. At that point I decided I'd get familiar with the whole diabetes thing first before worrying about the bp.
The tablet works well for me without side effects, so I never went back to thinking about lowering it without the tablets. They seem to do the job, and I have quite enough on my plate with diabetes and depression already.
It would likely be healthier to take a different approach, so I won't advise to do like I do, but it works for me and likely makes my life better than having to start watching my salt intake next to the carbs.