Hot eye compress

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

I thought I would ask if any forum members use a Hot eye compress. My optician recommeneded it to me as my eyes were feeling dry and slightly gritty. I'm not completely sure it is helping so I thought I would ask.

Maybe I've not been using it long enough.

Thank you

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I ordered one recently from Amazon (link below) and found it to be very helpful actually. I wonder what kind you are using and if it is perhaps the connotes that isn't doing a great job.

The Eye Doctor Essential – Antibacterial Hot Eye Compress Heat Bag for Dry Eye, Blepharitis and MGD - Safe to Heat in a Microwave – Hot and Cold Eye Compress https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KSJCY1R/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_fabc_C132FbAW1S8JF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you for this.
Mine is very similar.
How warm/warm do you let yours get. I do 1 min on high 950W, which is probably a bit high....
I was probably being a bit harsh as over the last couple of days I've been using it a bit more consistently and thinking, things might be getting a bit better.
I will carry on.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh 1 min is a bit high I think. I do 15 seconds at a time and keep it on my eyes for about 10 minutes. Basically as per instructions on there.

Reactions: hankjam