1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hot eye compress

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hankjam, Dec 17, 2020.

1. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Hello

I thought I would ask if any forum members use a Hot eye compress. My optician recommeneded it to me as my eyes were feeling dry and slightly gritty. I'm not completely sure it is helping so I thought I would ask.

Maybe I've not been using it long enough.

Thank you

2. nutribolt

nutribolt Type 2 · Well-Known Member

3. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Thank you for this.
    Mine is very similar.
    How warm/warm do you let yours get. I do 1 min on high 950W, which is probably a bit high....
    I was probably being a bit harsh as over the last couple of days I've been using it a bit more consistently and thinking, things might be getting a bit better.
    I will carry on.

4. nutribolt

nutribolt Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh 1 min is a bit high I think. I do 15 seconds at a time and keep it on my eyes for about 10 minutes. Basically as per instructions on there.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook