Welcome to the Vegetarian/Vegan Forum

Beating-My-Betes

Thanks for your positive comments. @Enclave - let me know when you think we should break out a seperate vegan board, too :)

I know this post is from a long time ago, but i'd appreciate it if there could be a separation. Despite the title of this thread, it seems the forum is now just known as the 'Vegetarian Diet Forum'. And while it might seem that there isn't much between the two, they are fundamentally different.

Many thanks :)

UschiE

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I know this post is from a long time ago, but i'd appreciate it if there could be a separation. Despite the title of this thread, it seems the forum is now just known as the 'Vegetarian Diet Forum'. And while it might seem that there isn't much between the two, they are fundamentally different.

Many thanks :)
Yep- we need a separate forum for Vegan diabetics!

Musiecat

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi newly diagnosed pre diabetic can I eat sweet and sour pot noodle tia

Di mc

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Insulin
What is the recommended carbs for the day. Just beginning to work out a low carb diet for my vegetarian husband who is type 1. Not sure how many carbs a day are required

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What is the recommended carbs for the day. Just beginning to work out a low carb diet for my vegetarian husband who is type 1. Not sure how many carbs a day are required
The recommended diet for some with Type 1 is no different to someone without diabetes.
This forum promotes low carb (under 130g carbs a day) but that is not necessary if you know how to use insulin.

Last edited:
Reactions: EllieM

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi peeps,
I haven't checked out this thread in many months and it seems to have largely died. Are there any other veggies or veegs monitoring this thread? How about swapping recipes?

I'm vegan (now, although I've been veggie since about 1983. I turned vegan several years ago), living in Devon.

Let's get this thread moving again

Last edited: