Neuropathy

• Thread starter Sparklebrightisright62
  • Start Date
S

Sparklebrightisright62

Hi to all,

I have neuropathy and and nephropathy have no feeling in my feet at all I walked into stool on Wednesday last week and broke my toe and I just feel emotional about everything how my life is I never
wanted to be like this.
I still need to loose more weight which is
Not happening yet I am so frustrated with
How I am.

Sparklebright62.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi to all,

I have neuropathy and and nephropathy have no feeling in my feet at all I walked into stool on Wednesday last week and broke my toe and I just feel emotional about everything how my life is I never
wanted to be like this.
How I am.

Sparklebright62.
Sorry you are feeling so down.
What are you doing to lose the weight?

VioletFoxtrot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have neuropathy too, but only in one leg. My nerve damaged was caused by lack of blood supply because I also have peripheral artery disease. Neuropathy sucks, but my GP advised me to start taking a big daily dose of B Complex and that helps with the numbness and pins and needles (although I still take Lyrica for the acute pain). It might be a good idea to start wearing protective shoes when you're walking around the house too! I understand how it feels, but you will be okay, it's just a matter of adapting to your circumstances and looking after yourself. :)

Reactions: EllieM

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi to all,

wanted to be like this.
How I am.

Sparklebright62.

Hi back,

Wow. we do sometimes hit an unfortunate accident. Don't be unkind to yourself on that one.
How are your overall BGs doing?

Reactions: EllieM

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, me too. Much improved since my BG came down. Keep at it.

S

Sparklebrightisright62

Hi to all,

Thankyou for the info really informative to say the least.

Sparklebright62.

S

Sparklebrightisright62

Sorry you are feeling so down.
What are you doing to lose the weight?

I am eating low carb and trying to do more exercise when my foot is better but it feels like
I have no legs as I can't feel my feet or legs and back pain dosnt help either.

Sparklebright62.

Hotpepper20000

I am eating low carb and trying to do more exercise when my foot is better but it feels like
I have no legs as I can't feel my feet or legs and back pain dosnt help either.

Sparklebright62.
Don’t get too down about not being able to exercise It is good to be able to but it’s more important that you eat low carb.
When you are better you can go for walks and that will help with your mood.

Caprock94

My pain in my feet started 6 weeks AFTER lowering my blood sugar levels to normal levels. Didn't have pain at diagnosis. It's like my feet are actually overly sensitive. It's been 20 months. Progress has been slow, but I feel like I am a little better each month.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It is possible to lose weight without exercising - I have to spend much of my time in bed but found going low carb to reduce my blood sugar also lead to a large weight loss.
And getting into remission plus taking folic acid (on prescription as my level was very low) improved my neuropathy a little.