1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Neuropathy

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Sparklebrightisright62, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Hi to all,

I have neuropathy and and nephropathy have no feeling in my feet at all I walked into stool on Wednesday last week and broke my toe and I just feel emotional about everything how my life is I never
    wanted to be like this.
    I still need to loose more weight which is
    Not happening yet I am so frustrated with
    How I am.

Sparklebright62.

• Hug Hug x 8
  2. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Sorry you are feeling so down.
    What are you doing to lose the weight?

3. VioletFoxtrot

VioletFoxtrot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have neuropathy too, but only in one leg. My nerve damaged was caused by lack of blood supply because I also have peripheral artery disease. Neuropathy sucks, but my GP advised me to start taking a big daily dose of B Complex and that helps with the numbness and pins and needles (although I still take Lyrica for the acute pain). It might be a good idea to start wearing protective shoes when you're walking around the house too! I understand how it feels, but you will be okay, it's just a matter of adapting to your circumstances and looking after yourself. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi back,

Wow. we do sometimes hit an unfortunate accident. Don't be unkind to yourself on that one.
    How are your overall BGs doing?

• Like Like x 1
  5. KennyA

KennyA Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Yep, me too. Much improved since my BG came down. Keep at it.

6. Hi to all,

Thankyou for the info really informative to say the least.

Sparklebright62.

7. I am eating low carb and trying to do more exercise when my foot is better but it feels like
    I have no legs as I can't feel my feet or legs and back pain dosnt help either.

Sparklebright62.

• Hug Hug x 1
  8. Hotpepper20000

Hotpepper20000 · Well-Known Member

Don’t get too down about not being able to exercise It is good to be able to but it’s more important that you eat low carb.
    When you are better you can go for walks and that will help with your mood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Caprock94

Caprock94 · Well-Known Member

My pain in my feet started 6 weeks AFTER lowering my blood sugar levels to normal levels. Didn't have pain at diagnosis. It's like my feet are actually overly sensitive. It's been 20 months. Progress has been slow, but I feel like I am a little better each month.

10. TriciaWs

TriciaWs Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

It is possible to lose weight without exercising - I have to spend much of my time in bed but found going low carb to reduce my blood sugar also lead to a large weight loss.
    And getting into remission plus taking folic acid (on prescription as my level was very low) improved my neuropathy a little.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook