pre-diabetes, fasting blood sugars.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

Bexy190

8.3 today, im trying to do the keto diet. my hba1c was 49 2 months ago then they tested again 2 weeks later and it was 43! I’m 31, 5 foot 5 and weight 9 and half stone. definatly not overweight just do not understand

Geoffnut

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. Always around 6.0 except for the odd blip.
Last HbA1c was 25 so seems under control.

Carpetsalesman

6.1 this morning. Always around 6.0 except for the odd blip.
Last HbA1c was 25 so seems under control.

25 hba1c, that's amazing, that's a 4.5 average isn't it? Very much under control. But your FBG is 6.0. A bit of a puzzle. That's a big dawn jump every morning that must drop very quickly. Can you tell us any more about your scores?

PreDiet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My sinocare meter says E-3 is that just battery or other ? does anyone know? I am areturner on here, from a few yearts back ,need to keep close chack on my BG now , as NHS hasn't tested me since Feb

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Not a very lively thread :grumpy:

Carpetsalesman

6.6 today. highest since i went low carb.

i had a slow improvement over the last 5months to my best ever average of 5.5 in mid dec. now it's going up again and nothing seems to stop it.

maybe i could just live on fresh air and apple cider vinegar.

Donought

6.6 today. highest since i went low carb.

i had a slow improvement over the last 5months to my best ever average of 5.5 in mid dec. now it's going up again and nothing seems to stop it.

maybe i could just live on fresh air and apple cider vinegar.

Hahaha likewise. I seem to only be able to achieve low numbers by eating nothing at all! Although I'm completely unstable, will be 4.1 one day followed by 6.9 the next, then 5.8.

Did I read someone on here suggest a carb fest to kick it a big kick and shock then back to low carb. Might work?

Reactions: Carpetsalesman

Donought

25 hba1c, that's amazing, that's a 4.5 average isn't it?

And I guess that's the point, it's an average. My friend is Type 1 and has a normal, 30 Hba1c, but is like a yo yo so it averages our OK. My endo is the only medical professional I have met you mentioned the average effect to me unprompted. I usually have to point out how averages work despite most of these GP's having A Level Maths!

Donought

Sorry seemed to include my reply in with your thread??

And I guess that's the point, it's an average. My friend is Type 1 and has a normal, 30 Hba1c, but is like a yo yo so it averages our OK. My endo is the only medical professional I have met you mentioned the average effect to me unprompted. I usually have to point out how averages work despite most of these GP's having A Level Maths!

arfanj

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone!

(my first post)

14/11/20 8.0
06/12/20 7.7 (This is when I read up about DP)
09/12/20 8.4
28/12/20 - Started Low Carb diet
29/12/20. 7.3
30/12/20 7.1
31/12/20 6.4
04/01/21 6.6
08/01/21 5.3 (Today)

Happy with the latest result:)

Last edited: