Which coffee machine do you use ?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also use an Aeropress.
I have been using my Aeropress for a long time but only recently I changed to using the inverted method, which suprisingly does make an improvement in what was already a very good cup of coffee.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been using my Aeropress for a long time but only recently I changed to using the inverted method, which suprisingly does make an improvement in what was already a very good cup of coffee.
Out of interest any idea how much each single "press" produces?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out of interest any idea how much each single "press" produces?
An Aeropress is like a French press but with a paper filter, so how much coffee you get depends on how much water you put in. I use about 200ml. I don't think you could make an espresso by using a small amount of water as there is only hand pressure.
Edit: Maybe you meant the maximum amount which would be about 250ml.

Last edited:

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've recently been using the Hario V60 pour over funnel. More of a method than a machine, but wonderfully easy: fairly quick, very little clean-up, lots of scope to make easy adjustments to suit the beans you're using. You can't go wrong!

Sparks1224

We have had various machines. The current one is a pod gizzmo. The brew is alright and passable.
The best coffee we do comes from our good old percolator and am currently having a Guatemala blend.
The one we keep going back to is Columbian.
I prefer Kenco for instant and we have instant barrister (not my favourite).
These are my preferences and to be honest if I am asked "how do you like your coffee" my thoughts are "in a big mug".
The best coffee is the first one because thats when the day can begin.

Reactions: Speedbird

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bialetti all day, every day. Surely I'm not the only one enamoured by the dark secret love of the Bialetti Moka pot?
i know this posting is three years and thirty seven days old ,, but i am addicted to the moka pot thing.. i have a bialetti venus and have two to three every morning before work..grind the beans. i used to have one of the alumnium ones when i had a gas hob
but they dont work on an induction hob and the venus does...
do you still use the moka pot?

PiersAaron

Mr Coffee 12 cup coffee maker. $18 from Walmart. I switched over to decaf a while back. Drinking 12 cups of decaf almost every day. Makes great coffee. I use paper filters with ground coffee.

Conclusion: cheap, dependable and makes good coffee.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i know this posting is three years and thirty seven days old ,, but i am addicted to the moka pot thing.. i have a bialetti venus and have two to three every morning before work..grind the beans. i used to have one of the alumnium ones when i had a gas hob
but they dont work on an induction hob and the venus does...
do you still use the moka pot?
Yes- I'm also stainless steel and induction over aluminium. I've been using the Hario pour over filters too recently- a nice option for lighter roasts and brighter acidity!

Ajax

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I steep ground coffee in a 2 litre jug with hot water for a couple of hours ..then decant it into another 2 litre jug ..then decant that liquor into another 2 litre jug ..I spoon the sediment from the second jug to the first ..pour in more hot water, and repeat the process

I put some cling-film over the jug containing the decanted coffee ..letting it cool down before putting it in the fridge

The trick is not to stir it ..as there is 'silt' at the bottom of the jug

I like Italian-style Arabica

The coffee is also a ✻richer✻ experience when drank out of a pretentious mug

Grace04

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Kettle for me too. I try to avoid plastic whenever possible so don’t like the idea of pods.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The coffee is also a ✻richer✻ experience when drank out of a pretentious mug
Absolutely essential to the whole experience!

I make my coffee in a Denby jug. Retro.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I use a double drip mug which can produce espresso-strength coffee. My model is a Bodum but they don't sell these now. I tried a double drip Vietnamese one which made good coffee but didn't last so long.

1691489973893.png